Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
I always see people talk about what the Sixers missed on or messed up over the journey of all this, and a lot of it's true, drafting could have been better and there could have been some better asset use but that's just kind of how it goes and shows how much of a crap shoot drafting is or opening cap room hoping for the perfect free agents when so many other teams are opening cap room and trying to compete for all the same things. It could have ended up a lot worse if a few things are different, it could have ended up even better than it is had more gone their way.

The aggregate they ended up with from where they started is pretty great imo and I think pretty much any team that's been trying to rebuild over the same period outside of Boston would be extremely envious of their rebuild and what they've ended up with in totality of it all.

I feel like you should be the one to know if he is or isnt, didnt he start his career with Atlanta?

Are you saying it’s Return of the Mack?

They tried offering 2 seconds, got out bid.

Where did you see this? Not doubting you, just haven’t seen anything on it.

Those unis are ordinary.

I always see people talk about what the Sixers missed on or messed up over the journey of all this, and a lot of it's true, drafting could have been better and there could have been some better asset use but that's just kind of how it goes and shows how much of a crap shoot drafting is or opening cap room hoping for the perfect free agents when so many other teams are opening cap room and trying to compete for all the same things. It could have ended up a lot worse if a few things are different, it could have ended up even better than it is had more gone their way.

The aggregate they ended up with from where they started is pretty great imo and I think pretty much any team that's been trying to rebuild over the same period outside of Boston would be extremely envious of their rebuild and what they've ended up with in totality of it all.

Agreed. Similar in drafting of most sports really. There’s also an adjustment to be made between the college game and NBA, just like TAC Cup and AFL. It also shows, it takes more than one low pick to turn things around. People still forget MJ didn’t go #1 in his draft. Suns nabbed Booker at #13, but whiffed on Chriss, Bender and Len. Putting faith in drafting can be rewarding but it’s a bloody long road if you get it wrong, or your pick gets injured, etc. If the Suns could get Zion, then the future with Ayton and Booker suddenly looks bright as can be.

Signing with the Lakers after being a Celtic would have to be up there with the Hogan heel turn.

Let’s bring in Shane Mead for a comment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
So far. I'm just slightly worried about Butler. If he doesn't get many shots as there's a lot of different options out there.
He's going to have to accept he's shots are going to come more in other units (namely when Ben and Tobias are on the bench and he's with Embiid) and in end of game scenarios. We'll see if he's actually about winning and not just playing on his own terms.

Aug 17, 2009
In the Country,VIC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phila 76ers , Phila Eagles , Man U
He's going to have to accept he's shots are going to come more in other units (namely when Ben and Tobias are on the bench and he's with Embiid) and in end of game scenarios. We'll see if he's actually about winning and not just playing on his own terms.

Yeah true. He did say he wanted to win.

I agree.

Simmons Embiid surrounded by Covington, Harris, Saric is a problem.
Saric is quite slow defensively on rotations and if his shot isn’t working he quickly becomes a liability. No way anyone can convince me that Saric and RoCo is better than Harris and Butler. It’s laughab to suggest it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back