Other NFL - Where Are They Now?

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Herschel Walker

Watched the SEC Storied on him. Amazing story and career.

But what stopped me was/is his intense desire to kill. He has a high competitive need to compete, and still does every day. I worry that he isnt a serial killer waiting to be uncovered.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
In the infamous 2000 NFL Draft, when six quarterbacks were drafted ahead of Tom Brady....

The 49ers drafted Hofstra's Giovanni Carmazzi in the third round with the 65th pick overall.

the-49ers-drafted-hofstras-giovanni-carmazzi-in-the-third-round-with-the-65th-pick-overall.jpg

Carmazzi never played in an NFL game, spending two years on the 49ers' practice squad and later playing in the World League of American Football and in the Canadian Football League. He recently described himself to ESPN as a "yoga-practicing farmer" in California who has five goats and does not own a TV.

carmazzi-never-played-in-an-nfl-game-spending-two-years-on-the-49ers-practice-squad-and-later-playing-in-the-world-league-of-american-football-and-in-the-canadian-football-league-he-recently-described-himself-to-espn-as-a-yoga-practicing-farmer-in-california-who-has-five-goats-and-does-not-own-a-tv.jpg

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
In the infamous 2000 NFL Draft, when six quarterbacks were drafted ahead of Tom Brady....

The 49ers drafted Hofstra's Giovanni Carmazzi in the third round with the 65th pick overall.

the-49ers-drafted-hofstras-giovanni-carmazzi-in-the-third-round-with-the-65th-pick-overall.jpg

Carmazzi never played in an NFL game, spending two years on the 49ers' practice squad and later playing in the World League of American Football and in the Canadian Football League. He recently described himself to ESPN as a "yoga-practicing farmer" in California who has five goats and does not own a TV.

carmazzi-never-played-in-an-nfl-game-spending-two-years-on-the-49ers-practice-squad-and-later-playing-in-the-world-league-of-american-football-and-in-the-canadian-football-league-he-recently-described-himself-to-espn-as-a-yoga-practicing-farmer-in-california-who-has-five-goats-and-does-not-own-a-tv.jpg
And a GOAT owns him

giphy.gif

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Brandon Browner sentenced to eight years in prison for attempted murder
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 4, 2018, 3:47 PM EST
gettyimages-491354250-e1543956445998.jpg

Getty Images

Former NFL player Brandon Browner has been sentenced to eight years in prison for attempted murder.

Browner was arrested in Los Angeles in July and accused of breaking into the home of a woman that he previously had a relationship with, forcing her back into the residence when she tried to flee and stealing a Rolex watch from her. The woman had a restraining order against Browner, and her two children were present at the time of the incident.

Today Browner entered a no contest pleato one count of attempted murder and two counts of child endangerment, TMZ reports. He was sentenced to eight years. He has been incarcerated since the July arrest.

Browner was a Pro Bowler in 2011 and a two-time Super Bowl champion, winning one ring with the Seahawks and one with the Patriots. He also played a year in New Orleans.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
De Marco Murray. * that campaigner ripped it up, vanished off the face of the earth.

RG3, Cousins, Tebow, Sanchez, yeah I know where some of them are atm, but they didn't deliver did they. So did that other QB that got caught smoking weed lol. Played for Browns I believe.

Arian Foster, injuries ruined him.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
& then offed himself, quite the journey.
*s sake!

I forgot about that. Sad that his life ended that way. Mixed up with the wrong people, make wrong choices and or both, and it goes to s**t.

If you commit murder though you shouldn't get much sympathy, but I emphasise with the big picture. Hernandez is a victim too being involved with such scum.

****s sake!

I forgot about that. Sad that his life ended that way. Mixed up with the wrong people, make wrong choices and or both, and it goes to s**t.

If you commit murder though you shouldn't get much sympathy, but I emphasise with the big picture. Hernandez is a victim too being involved with such scum.

Thought was he committed suicide because of his sexuality. Or it being exposed.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Joseph Randle facing more charges, including rape

Posted by Charean Williams on February 13, 2019, 3:09 PM EST

gettyimages-490327028-e1550088521271.jpg

Getty Images

Former Cowboys running back Joseph Randle is facing 11 charges, including rape, aggravated criminal sodomy, aggravated kidnapping and aggravated battery, the Wichita Eagle reports.

Randle, 27, wanted arraignment immediately, but his outbursts in court during a preliminary hearing Tuesday prompted the Kansas judge to postpone it until Feb. 25. Randle is expected to plead not guilty, telling Sedgwick County District Court Judge Kevin O’Connor that he didn’t feel “like the proof is enough to go forward in this case.”

A woman accused Randle of punching her and forcing her to have sex with him for three hours at her apartment Sept. 6 before she escaped to a neighbor’s to call for help.

Randle, in court with two court-appointed defense attorneys, denied in court that he sexually assaulted the woman. He blurted out: “She didn’t tell me” and “She never said nothing. She never said no. So how am I supposed to know?”

The judge repeatedly admonished Randle for talking out of turn, the Wichita Eagle reports.

Randle, whom the Cowboys cut in 2015, has spent most of the past three years in jail in Wichita, his hometown.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
The Brandon Browner is a weird one. He goes from not only winning a sb with NE, but was a key part of one of the most incredible plays of sb history, to doing the s**t he was doing and being sent to jail! Wow.

It reminds me of of a Nick Reiwoldt interview a few years ago. He was pragmatic on the subject of never winning a GF, recognising that winning one doesn't necessarily make a huge different to your life or the way you are, inferring the some of the 06 West Coast players who were going through a trough in their lives at the time.

So it'd be similar to this. It's still disbelieving that a guy who's experienced a sb win could stoop so low?

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
And another thing. I don't keep up to date with my nfl players indiscretions. I may hear something from time to time, but I don't really look into details, blowing it off as another nasty situation an nfl player has embroiled themselves in.

So it's another disbelieving realistion that Darren Sharper is a full blown rapist and doing 20 years hard time as well! **** man, that's some serious s**t! For me, it's like they're talking about a different person.

Does anyone if these guys get treated differently in prison?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
https://www.al.com/sports/2018/07/its_special_former_no_1_pick_j.html

Jamarcus Russell, as of July 2018....

'It's special:' Former No. 1 pick JaMarcus Russell returns to Williamson to coach QBs

Posted Jul 27, 2018

daphne-7-on-7-ff28e6dc1a145eed.jpg

JaMarcus Russell jokes with some Williamson players during a break in the action at the Daphne 7-on-7 on Friday at Trione Park in Daphne. (Mike Kittrell | preps@al.com)

By Ben Thomas | bthomas@al.com

JaMarcus Russell's life has come full circle.

The former Williamson standout, who signed with LSU and went on to become the NFL's No. 1 draft pick in 2007, has returned to his high school alma mater to help coach the Lions' quarterbacks.

"It's special to come back to my school where it all started for me," Russell told AL.com on Friday from a 7-on-7 event in Daphne. "It's a different generation now. I went to school with some of the parents of these kids. So that's a neat part of it from that side of things."

Russell, who will be 33 next month, was a four-year starter for former coach Bobby Parrish during his playing career at Williamson and shattered the AHSAA record books on the way to becoming a Parade All-American. He passed for 10,774 yards in his career - still an AHSAA record.

He signed with LSU in 2003. He threw for 6,625 yards and 52 touchdowns in a three-year career with the Tigers before turning pro. He played three seasons (2007-2009) with the Oakland Raiders.

JaMarcus Russell has returned to his alma mater as a part-time assistant coach. (Mike Kittrell | preps@al.com)

"He has played at the highest levels," Williamson head coach Dedrick Sumpter said. "He brings so much to the table for our young kids. JaMarcus is really going to help make our quarterbacks fundamentally sound, and I think he'll help us be able to stretch the field more."

Williamson went 7-4 in Class 5A in 2017 and reached the playoffs despite averaging just 17.8 points a game. Sumpter said that number should increase dramatically with the addition of Russell as a part-time coach on offense.

The Lions also drop into Class 4A this season.

"Last year, I think we averaged about 20 points a game, but I think with Jamarcus in here the sky is the limit," Sumpter said.

Russell said he's been helping with youth football in the Maysville community for the past four or five years, but he never planned on moving up to helping at the high school.

"I never thought I would want to do this, but it just came to my heart," he said. "There comes a time in your life when you have done so many things, and you just want to give back. Right now, the best thing for me is to continue to help my community thrive in any way I can."

Though it has been nearly two decades since Russell was lofting passes at Ladd-Peebles Stadium, his name still carries a lot of weight in the community.

"These kids are from Maysville," Sumpter said. "Everyone knows JaMarcus."

Williamson senior quarterback Brelan Franks knows exactly who Russell is, and he's glad he is around the program.

JaMarcus Russell looks for running room during a Williamson game against Briarwood Christian. (AL.com file photo)

"He's already shown me a lot," Franks said. "He's working to get my arm stronger and my feet quicker. He's taught me more about reading defenses. He just knows a lot. He's already made me a better player."

Russell said he just wants to do his part to help his alma mater continue to be successful.

"I just want to relay what I know, what I've seen as a player to help on offense, defense, as the water boy, whatever," he said. "I'm here to help the team get better in any way that I can.

"Williamson is a special place. When you wear that Williamson jersey, you aren't just representing you, you are representing everyone who came before you. It was the same way when I was playing here. Williamson means a lot to a lot of people, and I just want to help keep the program on the rise."

Russell isn't the first former Lion star to return to the staff in recent years. Former Auburn star Antonio Coleman is entering his second year as the team's defensive coordinator and his third year on the staff overall.

Back