Obscure Players That You Remember

Remove this Banner Ad

newblueo

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2014
echuca
AFL Club
Hawthorn
John Davison having a successful career outside of Australia showing state level players can perform.

Few I have umpired muirhead.steele sidebottoms bro.sean Craig

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
John Davison having a successful career outside of Australia showing state level players can perform.

Few I have umpired muirhead.steele sidebottoms bro.sean Craig
I played Dowling Shield with St Kilda CC when they had the old district club affiliations, Craig & Davison we’re playing then and I think Craig played some cricket for Victoria. Craig didn’t really give anyone the time of day but Davison was a pretty good guy.

Oct 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Fulham FC, PHX Suns, MN Vikings
Ian Wrigglesworth - played a few Shield & one day games for Victoria. Bowling all-rounder who I enjoyed watching as a young kid.

Mark Ridgway - Tasmanian paceman who was at some point quite quick. However, I caught him at the tail end of his career where he was famous for bowling off a 6-7 step run up.

Did Zimbabwe ever play their 3 sets of brothers in the same side? (Paul & Bryan Strang, Guy & Andy Whittall, Grant & Andy Flower)

Did Zimbabwe ever play their 3 sets of brothers in the same side? (Paul & Bryan Strang, Guy & Andy Whittall, Grant & Andy Flower)

I've found three Tests that they all played. There are at least a few more than 5/6 played.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...abwe-2nd-test-zimbabwe-tour-of-sri-lanka-1996
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...we-1st-test-zimbabwe-tour-of-pakistan-1996-97
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...e-2nd-test-zimbabwe-tour-of-sri-lanka-1997-98

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Ian Wrigglesworth - played a few Shield & one day games for Victoria. Bowling all-rounder who I enjoyed watching as a young kid.

Mark Ridgway - Tasmanian paceman who was at some point quite quick. However, I caught him at the tail end of his career where he was famous for bowling off a 6-7 step run up.

Wrigglesworth - he used a Kippax bat from memory and was known amongst myself and two mates as ‘Ian Wobblesvalue’ thanks to his exceptionally good last name. Apparently his grade numbers were colossal and he’s got a kid that’s pretty good.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Ravi Rampaul.

Rampaul is actually still playing, a combination of his own unwillingness to drop a few kilos and - surprisingly, the WICB’s poor management of him - led to him playing far less test cricket than his ability probably should have demanded. He was like a slightly defected bowler from the Steyn production line. Willing to go for runs to chase wickets, only about 10km/h slower so less effective.

Park cricketer

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Rampaul is actually still playing, a combination of his own unwillingness to drop a few kilos and - surprisingly, the WICB’s poor management of him - led to him playing far less test cricket than his ability probably should have demanded. He was like a slightly defected bowler from the Steyn production line. Willing to go for runs to chase wickets, only about 10km/h slower so less effective.

I remember him destroying us in an ODI in India once. Could be dangerous on his day but was inconsistent for the most part.

wolmeister

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

He ended up in hospital in Perth after he lost around 5kg’s in a day bowling at the WACA in high 30’s temperatures.

MJG14

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team
Marlon Black
Was assaulted in Melbourne during the 2000/01 tour of Australia I believe.

The replies to the Sehwag tweet made me check the stats of Roger Twose. He actually averaged close to 39 in ODI cricket, which is higher than I thought.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Was assaulted in Melbourne during the 2000/01 tour of Australia I believe.

The replies to the Sehwag tweet made me check the stats of Roger Twose. He actually averaged close to 39 in ODI cricket, which is higher than I thought.

Twose could really play. Was a very intelligent cricketer, just wasn’t cut out for tests and probably didn’t have the ‘glamour’ factor as an ODI cricketer. Had a great Shannon Noll-style flavour saver

Remove this Banner Ad

Back