• Luke Breust

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Ben Stratton

Votes: 20 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It strikes me that Mitch was primed to be announced captain.

It would no longer surprise me if he was named anyway. Smith/ Shiels could take over until Tom is back. Especially feasible if they think he's a chance to be back in the latter part of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It strikes me that Mitch was primed to be announced captain.

It would no longer surprise me if he was named anyway. Smith/ Shiels could take over until Tom is back. Especially feasible if they think he's a chance to be back in the latter part of the year.

But only problem is that hawthorn have never appointed a player from another club as a captain

But only problem is that hawthorn have never appointed a player from another club as a captain
we have just not for a good long time

Lots of clubs waiting to announce captains, Hawks, Port, Suns
In fairness, Suns aren’t sure they’ll still exist by Round 1 & they’ve got a nasty habit of losing Captains to trades; I’d not be surprised if they think the Captain role to be cursed & just don’t name one.

Port may have sold out to a China by Round 1 so they’re looking to Rookie List a Mandarin-speaker to promote to Captain.

Why is that a problem? The players voted, and there's no reason they wouldn't vote for Tom. Tom's time at Sydney is a bonus, not a mark against him. He played under a good system with other great players and leaders. He proved his worth in a grand final, and throughout that finals series. To top it all he then sought out our club and got himself traded here, where he's been a total team player, won two b&fs, a brownlow, the respect of the HFC, the fans and the whole competition.

Personally I see him as eligible.

Why is that a problem? The players voted, and there's no reason they wouldn't vote for Tom. Tom's time at Sydney is a bonus, not a mark against him. He played under a good system with other great players and leaders. He proved his worth in a grand final, and throughout that finals series. To top it all he then sought out our club and got himself traded here, where he's been a total team player, won two b&fs, a brownlow, the respect of the HFC, the fans and the whole competition.

Personally I see him as eligible.

Maybe he is eligible - Macdaddio is simply saying that up until now Hawthorn have normally gone with a player who started their career at the hawks.

It’s not the slur you seem to think it is just an observation and a valid one. Could it change this year - maybe

Maybe he is eligible - Macdaddio is simply saying that up until now Hawthorn have normally gone with a player who started their career at the hawks.

It’s not the slur you seem to think it is just an observation and a valid one. Could it change this year - maybe
I don't see it as a valid observation at all actually. We know the players are voting for their captain, and to suggest that our coaching staff would subvert that whole process because the player chosen didn't comply with the rules of football chivalry or something is completely absurd.

I don't see it as a valid observation at all actually. We know the players are voting for their captain, and to suggest that our coaching staff would subvert that whole process because the player chosen didn't comply with the rules of football chivalry or something is completely absurd.
No-ones saying the coaches would subvert the whole process.
It’s a true obvervation that we’ve never had a Captain from another team for whatever reason. He’s not saying that it will stay like that.

No-ones saying the coaches would subvert the whole process.
It’s a true obvervation that we’ve never had a Captain from another team for whatever reason. He’s not saying that it will stay like that.
Err... yeah okay someone replied to my post saying it was a 'problem' for Mitch that he was 'a player from another club'. But sure, you're right, that's just an observation...

I think there's every chance that Mitch would have been announced captain. Has he been seen around the track again lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back