Universal Love Princes Park Update

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Christ people, its a funding announcement by the Coalition Government, of course hes going to praise them. People reading way too much into the email.
While I agree that suggestion this will put the ALP offside is ludicrous, the exact wording was a bit poor.

Hopefully the ALP are goaded into at least matching that funding promise (though I've no idea if it's a promise or already signed off on).

drunkill

Club Legend
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks for the LNP campaign material MLG... but yeah, this is just an ad. It isn't a grant like the Brisbane Lions got two weeks ago to fund their Springfield aflw base, this is dependent on them being re-elected which is unlikely.
Christ people, its a funding announcement by the Coalition Government, of course hes going to praise them. People reading way too much into the email.
Its straight up pork barrelling during an election campaign. A funding commitment or guarantee would be giving the money now.

While I agree that suggestion this will put the ALP offside is ludicrous, the exact wording was a bit poor.

Hopefully the ALP are goaded into at least matching that funding promise (though I've no idea if it's a promise or already signed off on).
The state labor funding is contingent on it being a 50/50 co-funding split with the federal government, so a federal labor government would be matching the 20m, not the 15m by the libs.

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Clip the political stuff....How much cash have we got and what we we going to do with it?

That's what I care to know.
That's kinda the point, Harks.

There is no cash, just using the club as a political instrument to get votes for the LNP in Vic.

It's to save a seat, there are no funds. And MLG spruiks it like a victory. The guy is a potato.

I didn’t read too much into the statement nor do I think the COALition will deliver on its promise.
I think they will if they get re-elected, however that seems somewhat unlikely.

That's kinda the point, Harks.
There is no cash, just using the club as a political instrument to get votes for the LNP in Vic.
It's to save a seat, there are no funds. And MLG spruiks it like a victory. The guy is a potato.

Seats. Politics. Way over my care and head.
How much cash have we got? :) 35 mil?

drunkill

Club Legend
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Clip the political stuff....How much cash have we got and what we we going to do with it?

That's what I care to know.
40m if labor win the election.

35m if the liberals win.

We're building new training facilities underneath a new grandstand replacing the pratt/hawthorn stand. No increase of capacity, actually a reduction in capacity due to standing room being removed.

40m if labor win the election.

35m if the liberals win.

We're building new training facilities underneath a new grandstand replacing the pratt/hawthorn stand. No increase of capacity, actually a reduction in capacity due to standing room being removed.

Marijuana party still afloat? They'd give us 200 mil after a few pipes.

Isn't Stig the leader?

Anarchist.

Well, it didn't serve a purpose. Simply occupied brain space.
Got turned off knowing a leader of a trade union many years ago. Spent many nights with him until I couldn't handle the robot he'd become.....a walking, talking, propaganda machine that displayed so many traits I learned to abhor. Nice enough guy...but no blood running through the veins.
Learned a lot about the mechanics, but just not for me, so yes...anarchist and maybe even anti-christ. Why not?

Right,

I am ******* pissed.

The club clearly wants the expansion and so do I.

But I do not want to be receiving a ******* election pitch from the club in my inbox.

I bleed ******* Navy, I am a paid up member and I've been here through all of the damn darkness and none of the light.

I will not tolerate the Club touting political support to me. Keep that s**t to your damn selves.

Well, it didn't serve a purpose. Simply occupied brain space.
Got turned off knowing a leader of a trade union many years ago. Spent many nights with him until I couldn't handle the robot he'd become.....a walking, talking, propaganda machine that displayed so many traits I learned to abhor. Nice enough guy...but no blood running through the veins.
Learned a lot about the mechanics, but just not for me, so yes...anarchist and maybe even anti-christ. Why not?
Was it Bill Shorten ? :oops:

cookie monster

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
NY Giants
I'll bet the same people whining about the political bias were the same people wanting the club to publically take a supportive position on gay marriage.

Can't have it both ways

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
I'll bet the same people whining about the political bias were the same people wanting the club to publically take a supportive position on gay marriage.

Can't have it both ways

How do you figure? One was a social issue, the other was a poorly worded press release supporting a political party.

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton

Can't have it both ways

Personally I preferred the club not being involved. It should not be involved in politics in any way.

Back