Universal Love Princes Park Update

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll bet the same people whining about the political bias were the same people wanting the club to publically take a supportive position on gay marriage.

Can't have it both ways

Nice deflection.

Basic point is that this is a divisive message which unnecessarily spruiks one political side over the other.

Gay marriage is a civil rights issue.

The Coalition winning the election is not.

Nice deflection.

Basic point is that this is a divisive message which unnecessarily spruiks one political side over the other.

Gay marriage is a civil rights issue.

The Coalition winning the election is not.
What's to say the the ALP wouldn't have got a mention had they not made the same, or a superior offer?

If getting the $15m to our club requires a public thank you to the donating party, then so be it.

What's to say the the ALP wouldn't have got a mention had they not made the same, or a superior offer?

If getting the $15m to our club requires a public thank you to the donating party, then so be it.

Yeah, what if the State Labor government had committed 20m to the project.

I'd definitely get a special email then

Considering the general political leanings of posters on this site it isn't surprising the outrage over a pretty bland press release about some government funding.

If you want to get offended go complain about the avalanche of rubbish from Clive Palmer. The guys spending how many millions to buy some seats in parliament...

Considering the general political leanings of posters on this site it isn't surprising the outrage over a pretty bland press release about some government funding.

If you want to get offended go complain about the avalanche of rubbish from Clive Palmer. The guys spending how many millions to buy some seats in parliament...

It’s not bland. The club is getting money from governments from opposing sides, but named them differently. It should have named them as Federal Government and Victorian State Government, and not as the Liberal National Government and Daniel Andrews Government that it did.

I’ll be calling the club tomorrow to complain about the wording of the press release. It is really poor, and reflects poorly on the club.

I would recommend that everybody who feels the same also calls or writes to the club.
I bet the front-line people who work for the club, and probably don’t even know the President, can hardly wait for you ranting call. Seriously. Think before you act. Bloody *** politics.

Is it worth noting that the federal libs are likely losers in several short months so they may have well proposed $150m? it won’t matter but why would our pres find it necessary to make this overtly political. I just think it’s poor judgement.

Christ people, its a funding announcement by the Coalition Government, of course hes going to praise them. People reading way too much into the email.
This.

He can do whatever he wants, just so happens that this thing was stupid.

A statement to members that pisses off half of them

99.5% of supporters won't care. I'd say most will skim read over that part and get to how much been pledged and how it's going to be used.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In regards to the re-development does anyone know what is happening to the Gardiner Stand.

Would love to see it restored to former glory. See how charming it is at ground like the Nth Sydney oval where they've maintained the old stands and picket fences.

I've read that email a few times and I'm still not getting the
I've read that email a few times and I'm still not getting the angst.
You read it more than once right? And despite blatant party political references this is fine? As per a previous post of mine, it hardly matters as theee guys won’t get in so it may as well be $150m.
I’d love more money to redevelop PP but if nothing else it inappropriate to reference either political party in this manner. Who wrote this?

It's my dream that one day a billionaire will buy the club and fund a complete redevelopment of Princes Park, ideally expanding capacity to 50-80k and keeping/ restoring the Gardiner Stand underneath it.

Then we would play most of our games there to a sold out navy blue crowd. I know it happens in Europe so why not here. Let me be naive.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have a son of a billionaire on the board, Matthison.

The only contribution to the club he's done is free pokie/gaming licenses for our pubs.

Hoping he kicks in a few mil for this redev, Jeanne Pratt too. A 50m upgrade would be much better than 35-40m.

I've read that email a few times and I'm still not getting the angst.

Let's assume LoG isn't pushing a party political line. If so then we've got one hell of a dumbass as President.
We are in the throws of a pre-election period that is going to be as dirty as it gets, yet he can't word his email in a balanced manner?
You don't think the praise heaped on the Federal Coalition below for the $15m somewhat overshadows that afforded to State Labor for the $20m?
One reads as a gushing endorsement, the other an afterthought.

"We are thrilled by the support received from the Liberal Nationals Government and we sincerely thank the Federal Treasurer Josh Frydenberg, Prime Minister Scott Morrison and the Liberal Nationals Government, for their commitment of $15M. This investment, in addition to the $20M provided by the Daniel Andrews State government, will consolidate Ikon Park as the home of women’s football and the long-term base of the Carlton Football Club."

I'm sure he'll be in the will either way.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/club/board

Craig Mathieson joined Carlton’s Board in October 2012. He brings to the Board expertise in finance, and is the CEO of The Mathieson Group. He was previously the CEO of DMS Glass.
Craig grew up supporting Carlton and remains passionate about the Club. He is the son of Carlton Life Member Don Mathieson, who has been a member of the Carltonians for more than 25 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back