Ranking the "big six" goalkeepers

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
De Gea has been largely shite for a while, he could go up again and be top dog but he's still in my bad books from his poor performances for Spain and under Jose last year, then he trolled the **** out of Spurs with his best performance in over a year, truly Spursy.

Allison
Ederson
De Gea
Lloris (yep even with his odd howler)
Kepa (could go up soon past Lloris)
Leno

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wouldn't swap Ederson for anyone in the world.

May or not not be the best there is (don't really care), but he is perfectly suited to us atm.

And he's a load of fun to watch as well.
Can understand this thinking. Reckon United, Liverpool and City fans would all feel the same about their keeper. As much as I rate Lloris I would have to say I’d swap him for one of those three. I think it’s something that can be said for any player that performs well at your club though. Although their may be better options I wouldn’t swap Son, Dele or Eriksen for anyone - and obviously there’s Kane too who might actually be the best in the league at his position. You build an affinity with your top performing players.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Can understand this thinking. Reckon United, Liverpool and City fans would all feel the same about their keeper. As much as I rate Lloris I would have to say I’d swap him for one of those three. I think it’s something that can be said for any player that performs well at your club though. Although their may be better options I wouldn’t swap Son, Dele or Eriksen for anyone - and obviously there’s Kane too who might actually be the best in the league at his position. You build an affinity with your top performing players.
You'd not swap Son for someone like Mbappe or Sterling? (Both younger).

Or Eriksen for KDB or Dybala?

Kane I get.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You'd not swap Son for someone like Mbappe or Sterling? (Both younger).

Or Eriksen for KDB or Dybala?

Kane I get.
Nope I wouldn’t swap those players. To be fair there probably would be one or two I’d swap Dele for though. Was thinking Silva but actually he’s too old now really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's obviously all a moot point anyway. But I think the only ones worth swapping for Son in the PL would be Hazard/Salah/Sterling/Sane. And maybe Martial due to his age too. You'd not bother with anyone else.
Hazard plays more Dele’s role, and yeah I’d do that swap obviously but I rate Hazard the best player in the league and probably in the top five in the world. Ok fair enough I’d swap Son for Salah but with a heavy heart, but I thought it was Mane who plays Son’s position for Liverpool? That’s a swap I wouldn’t do. Wouldn’t swap Son for Sterling or Sane either. Getting a bit off topic with this one, I blame Moomba

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Only one has captained his country to winning the biggest trophy in world football. ;)

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
For me DDG, Alisson and Ederson are a tier above the rest of the top 6.

I’d say Kepa is next best. Lloris just has far too many blunders and moments of madness wedged between his good games.

Leno hasn’t had much to work with given the defence he has in front of him, but still has had some poor moments and not really in the conversation with the rest of them.

1. De Gea.
2. Alisson.
3. Ederson.

4. Kepa.
5. Lloris.

6. Leno.

De Gea has been largely shite for a while, he could go up again and be top dog but he's still in my bad books from his poor performances for Spain and under Jose last year, then he trolled the **** out of Spurs with his best performance in over a year, truly Spursy.

Allison
Ederson
De Gea
Lloris (yep even with his odd howler)
Kepa (could go up soon past Lloris)
Leno

This is exactly my thoughts.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Lloris is a very good keeping but seems to suffer like David Luiz from having a few brain fades.
Decent analogy.

I dont know if Luiz is the same, but while they can happen with Lloris, they're nowhere near as frequent and as calamitous as some people them out to be, and for the rest of the time he's always 7 or 8 out of 10 with genuine world class games thrown in the mix.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lloris is having his best season for a while. Not sure there’s been any brain fades this time round, well none that I can remember.

Inb4jinx

Remove this Banner Ad

Back