Autopsy 2019 AFLX Discussion Thread (Billings, Membrey, Steele, Gresham playing)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad timing, if it wasn't for the intra-club they could all hurt their hammies at training , you know...the ones that get better a week later.
Lol I think they'll all be on managed minutes just like pretty much everyone else. I wouldn't worry too much, just hoping for no freak injuries.

Is it true that this is on the night before our intraclub so Billings, Steele and Membrey won’t be able to front up for our hitout?
If that’s the case then that pisses me of!
Shouldn't be too bad.
Even if they play every minute of each match including the final they will have only played the equivalent of 2 quarters of a normal match.
They were picked quite late so they probably won't even be playing half of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeremy Finlayson another tall option who could play forward.

Jack Martin, Shane Edwards, Shai Bolton, Daniel Rioli, Charlie Cameron, Liam Ryan, Willie Rioli would all be useful in a frorward setup.

Nathan Wilson, SPS, and Francis Watson all names that would go well in teams too.

Pretty sure Joel Hamling is their Tall back. From memory Eddie picked May to play as a forward. Essentially they’re now going with an all speed and magic forward line, which could work well in the format.

Gresh and Burgoyne to be the stars of the contest :D

I think my biggest issue with AFLX (other than the fashion show they’ve just introduced) is that each match goes for a total of 20 mins.

I don’t care how many gimmicks you throw into it, each game being less than a qtr of AFL is not a game at all. Why even have a bench? 10mins on, break, another 10 mins on. That’s a walk in the park for anyone in the TAC cup, let alone the AFL.

How much can any sport actually hope to engage fan with such little time for the players to actually do anything?

I think my biggest issue with AFLX (other than the fashion show they’ve just introduced) is that each match goes for a total of 20 mins.

I don’t care how many gimmicks you throw into it, each game being less than a qtr of AFL is not a game at all. Why even have a bench? 10mins on, break, another 10 mins on. That’s a walk in the park for anyone in the TAC cup, let alone the AFL.

How much can any sport actually hope to engage fan with such little time for the players to actually do anything?

I maintain rugby 7's is the best form of rugby.
Hardly ever see it, but the commonwealth games in melbourne, the 7's was an epic day out.

I've waited longer for the food, bar or to take a piss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back