List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon has long had the idea that if a kid is indigenous he must play for the bombers. They must be spewing that the missed out on Ben Long.
Nah, the spewing is just the lingering side-effects...

Wasn’t Chris indigenous?
If so, that’s the reason.

which as people have said is so wrong. that wasn't the reason behind the acadamies.

the best thing that ever happened to our club was onfield equalisation, which was a mixture of the draft and salary cap. we've sold part of that off. its going to bite us spectacularly hard in the next 10-20 years.

WCE is already pouring millions in a completely untapped talent pool here in WA. good luck to us, keeping up with that.

Mar 14, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds united, Chicago Bulls
Will need to keep an eye on Voss and Milne in the TAC Cup this year. They were pretty lacklustre as bottom agers, but I wonder how training with the Saints will help them. Hopefully getting a taste of the professional environment will boost their influence on TAC Cup games.
Wasn’t Voss really promising at the back end of the season as a bottom ager? He was also a stand out as a 15 year old

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
If Kelly wanted to come to us, it would have been more obvious by now. He named the Kangaroos as being a chance after he re-signed with the Giants.

That ship has either sailed or isn’t even on the water. Josh Kelly isn’t happening. We aren’t in the picture.
i think we have more chance of landing Fyfe then we do Kelly ... from what i have heard we have twice put forward very good offers to him and he has rejected them twice ... so short of him geting into some kind of trouble and his value plumenting i cant see him in red white and black ..

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well if they’re as good at fishing as you are then I guess it’s “welcome to the Saints Jack Beercan and Josh Gumboot” :p
surely we are getting the old Toadfish...
Toadfishrebecchi.png

i think we have more chance of landing Fyfe then we do Kelly ... from what i have heard we have twice put forward very good offers to him and he has rejected them twice ... so short of him geting into some kind of trouble and his value plumenting i cant see him in red white and black ..

If you shared my wife's philosophy, you'd think that it would be worth the club nagging at him until he signed up just to get them to shut up.

If you shared my wife's philosophy, you'd think that it would be worth the club nagging at him until he signed up just to get them to shut up.

To play devil’s advocate...if he just signed up in the first place the nagging wouldn’t have been necessary....:tearsofjoy:

SaintsSeptember I take it you are fairly confident that your wife is not going to read this then?

I've dragged SaintsSeptember off by his ears, he wastes too much time on this stupid forum and he has chores to do, he needs to mow lawns, dig holes , fill them in again , build me a shrubbery, paint the house.....then after i give him a coffee break i'll find something to fill in the rest of his morning.
You campaigners need to stop encouraging him.

majortinkle

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Clark also reporting we were interested ( as were 16 other clubs ). Be interesting to see if Shiel was the last of the GWS to leave. They look to have built a strong culture there.
Yeah I don’t think it would be too hard to sell the advantages of Sydney either. They lose out of playing in front of big home crowds but that’s not exactly something we can promise either

Yeah I don’t think it would be too hard to sell the advantages of Sydney either. They lose out of playing in front of big home crowds but that’s not exactly something we can promise either

I know a player's sister, apparently they were all living a fair way out of the city early on, but at some place where they could all walk between each others houses and it was all pretty communal.They could walk a few doors down to a mates place and they can knock about at the beach or in the city and no-one knew who they were. Sounded pretty good.

I know a player's sister, apparently they were all living a fair way out of the city early on, but at some place where they could all walk between each others houses and it was all pretty communal.They could walk a few doors down to a mates place and they can knock about at the beach or in the city and no-one knew who they were. Sounded pretty good.

Was a harbourside gated community. Was almost like a country club. Very smart move by the people who set up the club. Breakfast Point . Not quite Blacktown.

Last edited:
A mate at work's kid just got drafted to GWS.

Can't speak highly enough of the facilities up there. And the mateship side is great also.
If any of their players want to return it won't be because of those factors.

If any of them do come home it will be due to extremely strong homesickness, or for greater opportunity, or due to a desire to play for a more traditional club and/or club with a bigger fan base. Or because someone just makes a offer that's ridiculous and can't be matched.

But we won't simply pick up players because they're currently playing for a basket case club.

Those players are 900 kms further north.

Jun 14, 2015
Oslo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Updated AFL FA list released a couple of days ago is looking pretty thin now with Haynes gone.

Realistically the options I would be interested in are down to (in order of preference):
1. Nick Smith​
2. Brad Sheppard​
3. Rory Thompson​
4. Adam Tomlinson​
5. Tom Liberatore​

If we were a little closer to finals I would love to throw coin at Sam Jacobs or Matthew Kruezer. But not sure we are in the window for that yet.

With Haynes out of the picture we might have to either lower our standards, or look at moving for a 2020 FA (Whitfield, Grundy, Viney) or 2020 OOC (Hunter, DeGoey, Witherdon) and see if we can shake one loose a year early (unlikely but what the hell).

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Updated AFL FA list released a couple of days ago is looking pretty thin now with Haynes gone.

Realistically the options I would be interested in are down to (in order of preference):
1. Nick Smith​
2. Brad Sheppard​
3. Rory Thompson​
4. Adam Tomlinson​
5. Tom Liberatore​

If we were a little closer to finals I would love to throw coin at Sam Jacobs or Matthew Kruezer. But not sure we are in the window for that yet.

With Haynes out of the picture we might have to either lower our standards, or look at moving for a 2020 FA (Whitfield, Grundy, Viney) or 2020 OOC (Hunter, DeGoey, Witherdon) and see if we can shake one loose a year early (unlikely but what the hell).
I think as we move on with life from FA, we'll see more of the Shiel type situation.

Clubs maximizing their trade value if they are vocal within the club of leaving.

Lower clubs like us might attract someone for the $, but unless we can show an improvement and look finals ready, we still miss out.

GWS are very confident in keeping Kelly. Lets hope the Whitlfield's or similar want a sea change.

even if a sought after GWS star wanted out, why would they come to our club? they have a bunch of clubs to choose from in Victoria, many of which more successful than ours, playing finals, with respected coaches and leaders.

i'd have us ahead of Carlton and that's about it.

even if a sought after GWS star wanted out, why would they come to our club? they have a bunch of clubs to choose from in Victoria, many of which more successful than ours, playing finals, with respected coaches and leaders.

i'd have us ahead of Carlton and that's about it.
Relax now there champ. Improvement is all we need, a better 2018 could've resulted in us getting Shiel possibly. We got that with Carlisle in 2015, we improved and showed promises from 2014 in 2015, resulted in getting Snake. We're very capable of attracting players, it all comes down to culture and form, and the playing list. This year is pointing towards a much better season, hopefully it is and not another s**t show under Richo.

Relax now there champ. Improvement is all we need, a better 2018 could've resulted in us getting Shiel possibly. We got that with Carlisle in 2015, we improved and showed promises from 2014 in 2015, resulted in getting Snake. We're very capable of attracting players, it all comes down to culture and form, and the playing list. This year is pointing towards a much better season, hopefully it is and not another s**t show under Richo.

so the rebuttal to that is something occurred 3 seasons ago? when there was list a bunch of optimism around the rebuild.

i agree a competitive 2018 where we played finals would have more than likely got us shiel, but sadly we didnt do it. just like previous seasons. until that happens we are no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back