East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like EF senior squad is finalized for 2019, with the EF website listing a variety of player groups up for sponsorship. If fit hopefully enough depth for Monaghan to work with....and also for the reserves coach as well to achieve some success.

I got overexcited pre-season last year so I'll see what happens but we do seem to have a good bunch of players. First month will be important.

Tough thing is andana, is that EF first five games are against the five finalists from last year....definitely going to need to come away with at least a 2/3 win loss....anything less than that, in an 18 game season is going to be hard to claw back....but like you I will be quietly reserved in my expectations....Monaghan isn't going to change EF fortunes over night, definitely going to be a process.....pretty hard to expect immeadiate success after the last 3 - 4 seasons of turmoil the club has faced....but hey on paper and if fit the club has a lot more depth this year compared to the previous years...

Player Q & A : Jarrad Jansen

Your second year back at East Fremantle, how is your pre-season tracking?
I’ve been out there every session again this year, so it’s been good to get another preseason under my belt. As a group we’ve had a focus on high speed running at game like intensity, it was a weak area collectively as a team last year, so it’s something we will hope to see improvement on in 2019.
Personally, I’m in the process of dropping a few kilos which will help me cover more of the ground and stay competitive for longer in the midfield.

Who are some of the new recruits or returning players that have caught your eye?
Milan Murdock who’s come through our colts program has really set the standard at training this preseason in terms of training intensity and work rate. I think he will play an important role for us this year through the midfield with his attack on the football, speed and intensity around the contest.
Morgan Davies is another one who has brought a competitive edge and drive to the group after coming over from Claremont. He’s had a slightly interrupted preseason but will be ready to make an impact once the season rolls around.
Lastly, Blaine Boekhorst is back out training with the main group showing his importance to the side with his footy smarts, speed and leadership. Having him go down in the first game of the year last year really hurt us so it will effectively feel like he is a new recruit for us

Not sure if it was weakness on high speed running or being able to run out games. We seemed to fadeout late in most games.

Tassone in for the Sharks and Harding out to Peel in a player swap....whilst Harding won the WAFL reserves comp F&B a few years back, never seemed to take that next step in the league game....wish him well for Peel.....Tassone comes to EF with good reports.....like Bray will definitely benefit from not having opportunities deprived due to Peel and Freo's alignment.....

great to hear also the EF Town Council approving plans for the revitalization of the EF oval precinct.....hopefully the club can move forward on and off the footy field.

With Strnadica on board for the Sharks in 2019 joining Cameron Loersch and with captain Jonathon Griffin still leading the ruck, that gives Monaghan plenty of options with his big men.

That's something that is new for him as a coach but he's excited by the prospect of always having two tall targets in attack and of having a game plan in place to take advantage of the size he has at his disposal at the Sharks.

"It's actually strange for me and no disrespect to the forwards I had at West Perth and Tyler Keitel last year kicked 50 goals, and Michael Lourey was a good target but it's not an area that West Perth had a huge number of players in with those tall key position players," Monaghan said.

"But we've actually got five guys on our list here at East Fremantle over 200cm and it's something like 24 over 190cm. it's a lot taller squad than I'm used to so that will present a challenge for me as a coach because I probably got used to functioning around a smaller forward-line.

"We relied on moving the ball quickly and kicking to open space and hopefully use our speed, so being taller is a challenge for me and our coaching staff. But it's one we are really looking forward to.

"The principles, though, of how we played the game at West Perth and how I expect East Fremantle to play are fairly similar.

young Sharks outfit will line up against the West Coast Reserves tomorrow, in the final practice match for 2019.
After two impressive showings from our reserves, several boys have been promoted to the league side. Into the squad also comes recruit, Kody Manning, for his first match in the blue and white.
The league will play a standalone game, with the reserves and colts enjoying a week off before round 1.

I haven't seen any thing about the pre-season but looks like we have some depth

Wish I could send you the link andana of the interview on the radio I heard with Monaghan. Talked about it being a long season and a process they are working towards in terms on consistency and performance. Rested a lot of guys this week in preparation for Cl next week, bit of a management thing. Good to see Manning playing, hopefully Boekhorst will play, but on managed minutes. Good opportunity for the younger guys to test themselves v the WCE boys, always a worry to kick 4 goals in a match tho.

We start the season with a good looking team especially the spine. Plenty of height.

East Fremantle begin their 2019 WAFL campaign against The Tigers this Saturday at Claremont Oval.
Luke Strnadica, Kody Manning, Alex Bray and Morgan Davies will play their first game for the Sharks alongside Jeremy Sharp and Kyle Baskerville who will make their league debuts.
Selected in the 2018 All-Australian 18’s team, Jeremy Sharp has displayed immense talent for his age. The 17-year-old, hard-running winger who is praised for his agility, will slot nicely into the Sharks side.
Kyle Baskerville, a promising Colts player, has overcome plenty of injuries in the past few years. His dedication and professional approach to getting his body right this pre-season, has earned him a spot in the league squad.

Sadly unable to hit the scoreboard v Cl....been EF problem last 2 years....fantastic two earlier games with EF colts winning last minute and Cl reserves winning last minute...Subi next week....can't wait....LOL

Mate, competitive 1st and 4th quarters, nothing in it....fell away or back to old habits in the 3rd and 4th......Coach not impressed and a few decent individual sprays delivered apparently. No doubt a few changes made for the Subi game, tough ask, but all EF fans want is a competitive effort for 4 quarters.....only game 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, competitive 1st and 4th quarters, nothing in it....fell away or back to old habits in the 3rd and 4th......Coach not impressed and a few decent individual sprays delivered apparently. No doubt a few changes made for the Subi game, tough ask, but all EF fans want is a competitive effort for 4 quarters.....only game 1
do we have the cattle or just a bad game?

Murdock will be a definite in, Perham too after his five goals....may give Boekhorst another reserves run....yep Anthony and Jackson could be ins.....might be a few outs...hopefully Kommer not far away, definitely need some hardness and accountability thru the midfield...Bolton and Mitchell were allowed to run amok....

Heard Griffen out for 6-8 weeks with a broken jaw....sums up EF weekend league wise.....obviously Strnadica to the ruck, with O'Reilly perhaps going to CHF.....does young ruckman Nic Watson come in as support.....good opportunity for one of EF young tall defenders (Scott/Bailey/Davidson) to step up too I guess....obviously frustrating to lose your captain, experienced player and 200cm of height, but sometimes an unexpected positive materializes from an obvious negative.....

Didn’t get to see the game but from what I’ve heard, it sounds like we were beaten badly outside the contest.

Inside we had the numbers hunting the footy but outside there wasn’t enough numbers or class to receive in the seniors game.

Scoreboard probably reflects that also.

The Sharks will line up for their first official game at New Choice Homes Park this Saturday, against Subiaco.
We’ve got plenty of activities for the whole family! Remember Children 15 and under go free.
Featuring in our Free Kidz Corner this week will be the Bungee Joust & Superhero Sumos.

We could put a few of those superhero sumos in the opposition goals.

Could be a bad day for us.

Can see Boekhorst playing on Friday andana....I guess with Peel's talls, perhaps Nic Watson will get the nod to help out Strnadica.....Murdock,Tassone and Anthony could be in the mix too.....heard Kommer could be in the reserves on managed minutes.....pity O'Reilly is out for the next month with an ankle....Griff out with his jaw, not sure about Snadden tho

Remove this Banner Ad

Back