• Total voters

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Dockers jumper is a bit of a mess as I do not even identify a singular look of this jumper when I even think of them.

Our old one was a mess, especially changing the away jumper to a different garish design every year, but I don't know how anyone could consider our new jumper anything but simple and sleek.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Our old one was a mess, especially changing the away jumper to a different garish design every year, but I don't know how anyone could consider our new jumper anything but simple and sleek.
I'm with you. Freo's rebrand was a success, though I do miss the anchor being incorporated into the design. The red and green elements made it too busy.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Pre-expansion teams, then it’s crows without a doubt.

That jumper says to me some designer, who knows nothing about small children, was tasked with coming up with something that “the kids” will be into. It’s terrible.

Worse though is the Suns. Also makes me want to order large fries, and I’m trying to knuckle down on a healthy eating phase.

GWS has me confused. The Couldabeeners had it spot on. Their entry into finals footy a few years back throws into very sharp relief the fact that whatever they came up with, that is by no measure at all a footy jumper whatsoever.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
I will admit the Richmond/Essendon colour swap reminds me of the Mortal Kombat ninjas.

Couldn't they think of anything else?
Too young to remember these?
C1E7B184-DA80-49A3-8AC2-89BC6E349D10.jpeg

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
It was so strange, I was living overseas at the time. When I left the eagles had a good looking jumper and then I tune in to watch some highlights and they are wearing a rainbow... why they changed to that I’ll never know. Was it just 1 season?
It was a couple I think. That was the away jumper, with the tri-panel as the home. No wings jumper at all :'(

All these years later I still can't understand how it happened. Thankfully the #returnthewings campaign was a resounding success and we got back to our original jumper and ditched the navy blue from our colours as an added bonus!

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
It was a couple I think. That was the away jumper, with the tri-panel as the home. No wings jumper at all :'(

All these years later I still can't understand how it happened. Thankfully the #returnthewings campaign was a resounding success and we got back to our original jumper and ditched the navy blue from our colours as an added bonus!
No doubt some young marketing guru telling the board “this is what the young kids want.” The same marketing gurus who had the final say on the suns and giants jumpers.

Carson Dial

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Crows. Licorice allsorts is all I ever think, when I see it. Still 27 years later does not look like a football jumper to me. Hawks colours are horrible combination but still looks a football jumper so avoids being worst on that front.
Dockers jumper is a bit of a mess as I do not even identify a singular look of this jumper when I even think of them.
Eagles jumper has had change in design. Not a traditional football jumper but colour combination at least looks ok.

Brisbane Bears original jumper would be in race for worst jumper but thankfully that jumper went in late 80's.
Let’s be honest which jumper is worst should be the least of your concerns at the moment.

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With no bias towards team performance, i think the voting system is on track with this one:
  • Gold Coast - Understandably it was probably made to appeal to a growing Asian audience but it's an optical migraine at best
  • Adelaide - A chaotic mess of colours sends my OCD and anxiety into overdrive
  • Hawthorn - Brown doesn't really need any commentary and speaks for itself... but then to pair it with Gold... where's the vomit emoji?
Worth a mention: There aren't many sporting teams that go with horizontal stripes and for good reason. The Geelong players have always been made to look fatter than what they truly are.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Pre-expansion teams, then it’s crows without a doubt.

That jumper says to me some designer, who knows nothing about small children, was tasked with coming up with something that “the kids” will be into. It’s terrible.

Worse though is the Suns. Also makes me want to order large fries, and I’m trying to knuckle down on a healthy eating phase.

GWS has me confused. The Couldabeeners had it spot on. Their entry into finals footy a few years back throws into very sharp relief the fact that whatever they came up with, that is by no measure at all a footy jumper whatsoever.
Truly odd thing to say about a clubs colours. I guess from our point of view we kinda want opposition teams and supporters not to be happy with seeing our colours.

I wonder if that's driving the votes for the Hawks. I've never seen the issue with brown and gold.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Truly odd thing to say about a clubs colours. I guess from our point of view we kinda want opposition teams and supporters not to be happy with seeing our colours.

I wonder if that's driving the votes for the Hawks. I've never seen the issue with brown and gold.
Where did I comment about club colours?

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
I'm seeing a lot of hate for GC's, and a lot of love for Carlton's over on the other thread. And yet both are essentially a plain guernsey with a logo on the front.
Yeah but its not just about that. Carlton have a classic, clean and dignified crest on the front, GC have this ugly post modern, multi coloured weak looking logo. Also White on navy blue is much more effective and strong than yellow with little bits of light blue and white on ketchup red.

Back