Analysis Danger on Tim Kelly + his 2020 contract

What would be an adequate trade for Tim Kelly?

• Brad AND Steven Hill from Fremantle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Someone from West Coast

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Two top-end draft picks

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Top-end draft pick and player

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Other (please specify) ______________

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
He needs a big fat contract next year so we will definitely see his best this year, that's all that matters at the moment. The rest will sort itself out after the season. Enjoy the footy lads.
His best footy won't get him the best deal if he doesn't play WC off against someone else,he's more likely to squeeze Geelong into offering overs than WC.

A mate messaged me the other day saying he was at Waurn Ponds shops and had just spotted Tim Kellys partner,
How does she look in person was my question

"Sour" was his one word reply

LOL

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I will make an odd statement, and then let me explain.

I hope Fremantle play finals in 2019.

Why? Because then, if Kelly decides to leave, he will now want to go to Fremantle, and we might be able to get the deal done, without losing him for nothing.

WCE had their chance. They can GAGF.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
It was certainly 'family first' at the end of '18. If you mean the West Coast family, rather than the Kellys and their supposedly suffocating homesickness.

Yeah. If Kelly put his family first he would have agreed to the deal with Fremantle.

I heard that Geelong and Fremantle agreed to deal, and were both happy with the deal, but Tim and manager only wanted WCE.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
DO you think, given that it is likely Tim Kelly is leaving at the end of the year, is it worth giving him senior games?

Personally, I think we will play him in the first half of the season, but if Geelong has a bad year, and we can't make finals, then maybe it is better to omit him from the team, and play a youngster instead, who has a future and we can get games into.

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
DO you think, given that it is likely Tim Kelly is leaving at the end of the year, is it worth giving him senior games?

Personally, I think we will play him in the first half of the season, but if Geelong has a bad year, and we can't make finals, then maybe it is better to omit him from the team, and play a youngster instead, who has a future and we can get games into.
His trade value would drop if he was dropped to the vfl. Would piss him off too. Not what you want when you want him to re-sign.

Geelong will know well in advance what Kelly is going to do at season's end...that's assuming they don't know already. Its not as if player and club are under a
Cone-of-Slience-300x225.jpg
"Cone of Silence".....

You do that his trade value falls off a cliff, he gets angry and his attitude rubs off on the team, we might get some games into a kid that's ready for it but also possible we expose the kid and add a gap that others aren't ready fill which hinders their development. I'll always be an advocate of having your absolute best team possible on the field

Our reward will be SFA then because this coaching regime can't develop for s**t.
Come on, that's poor. Kelly had a great first season, proving either he does not need development, or he was developed well .

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
If I were in Kelly's shoes I be keen to sign up at Geelong for two more years latter in the season as they will put forward the better deal,that will make him 27 at the end 2021 and probable Geelongs prime midfielder if he keeps improving,and then hallow big pay cheque to see out his career either here or in the west.
Strictly business with me,the family will just need to make the best they can out of it the rewards will be worth while.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
If I were in Kelly's shoes I be keen to sign up at Geelong for two more years latter in the season as they will put forward the better deal,that will make him 27 at the end 2021 and probable Geelongs prime midfielder if he keeps improving,and then hallow big pay cheque to see out his career either here or in the west.
Strictly business with me,the family will just need to make the best they can out of it the rewards will be worth while.

Understand your logic but the where of the life after footy will also be in play. Neither club pays overs.

Larry Donohue

Premium Platinum
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
No whipping here ... I too think it will get done but it would not preclude that there is a small chance of it going belly up...if wc gets to cute
After the way they have neglected Tim (and his family) time and time again, even after a sublime season with the cats, I think if they play too cute Tim might just let them know that enough is enough and sign a lucrative 5 year deal with Freo or with us.

LOL Are you a sadist or masochist ?
Nothing good come from getting to a GF to just be cannon fodder..
A realist. Besides, CS has not tasted a GF loss as a coach. Good for his development.
But seriously, I reckon it'd be a mighty achievement to get there, and who knows, it's possible, I just am not selecting that.(the Flag)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back