Prediction Pre-Season Supplemental Selection & Mid-Season Rookie Draft

Who would you choose in the Mis-Season Draft: Multiple selections allowed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sure I’ve seen his height at 209cm. Was that on the HawthornFC or AFL website when it was announced he was trading with us?

Edit: http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2019-01-14/reeves-invited-to-train-with-hawks

Reeves has been given the opportunity to train with the Hawks as part of the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP).
The 209cm ruckman will be able to train with the club until February 28th.”

"The tallest player in the TAC Cup, Oakleigh overage ruckman and key forward Ned Reeves, was one of the weekend's surprise packets. Through the ruck, the 207cm, 96kg bigman was occasionally overpowered body-on-body by the more powerful, overage ruckman Lloyd Meek, who stands at an imposing 202cm, 104kg. But Reeves in his own right proved effective with his reach and ability to tap the ball down to the advantage of his teammates.

While capable through the ruck, what was most noteworthy with Reeves was his work as a key forward. In exceptionally windy conditions, Reeves timed his leads well and regularly read the drop of the ball which other forwards struggled to do in the conditions. He also showed the capacity to take marks overhead at full stretch, which was impressive.

One unexpected but pleasing play from Reeves was a tackle which seconds later he recovered from, before smothering an opponent's kick.

With 16 disposals, 15 contested possessions, four marks (three contested), 21 hit-outs, four clearances and two goals, the signs are there to suggest scope to develop. While only currently a draft smokey, Reeves' stocks are improving and he's an outside chance to land on an AFL list come November."

To be fair, Max took like 6 years to become decent.

I reckon that height = take him

For what it's worth I agree with you. Tall, good touch with his kicks and any negatives are just because of his awkward height. Sign him up!

For what it's worth I agree with you. Tall, good touch with his kicks and any negatives are just because of his awkward height. Sign him up!

He just seems to play smaller than he is. Looks like bambi on ice, especially marking ;)

But 4 years at BH should be enough

Gawn had some serious injuries and also professionalism issues that held him back. once the injuries were passed him and he got his diet and work rate sorted he came on very quick.
Max should consult at our club :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still bugged we won't go for Mitch Grigg, but glad for Norwood that he's staying at least
Why? We have JOM, Shiels, Cousins, Howe, Walker, Worpel, Jones all looking for midfield minutes. Then add Hardwick, Bruest, and Roughnut. TOM will be back next year.

I am certain that if the club thought we had a shortfall, we would have looked at someone, but there is little value in taking someone for the sake of filling up list spots.

Why? We have JOM, Shiels, Cousins, Howe, Walker, Worpel, Jones all looking for midfield minutes. Then add Hardwick, Bruest, and Roughnut. TOM will be back next year.

I am certain that if the club thought we had a shortfall, we would have looked at someone, but there is little value in taking someone for the sake of filling up list spots.

Probably more just because I watch him play SANFL and if he was to be playing AFL, i'd like it to be with my team haha but you're completely right. Good chance for the young guns to have a real crack at the middle this year. Especially looking forward to seeing more of Cousins and Jones.

Sounds like Walker will demand games and we need to find a spot(s) for our current rookies to be elevated for game time/experience too. We should only take a 2nd pre/mid season pick if there’s someone that’s looks outstanding long term, not a quick fix.

Sounds like Walker will demand games and we need to find a spot(s) for our current rookies to be elevated for game time/experience too. We should only take a 2nd pre/mid season pick if there’s someone that’s looks outstanding long term, not a quick fix.
Cat A rookies can play without being upgraded its only Cat B rookies we need to find a spot for If we want to play them at senior level

Do we have a free hit for Reeves. Or is there a queue as in the National draft. If we can. Get him. Good tap ruckmen are worth their weight in gold.

Sign Reeves and keep the 2nd spot open for the mid-season draft.
If we sign a Rookie, mid year, does that give us dibs on them during the 2019 Draft or Rookie Draft?

I know you can't 'claim dibs' on a player, but it feels like there's some kinda right to them. Maybe not a right, but like a vibe...

Can anyone help with a precedent case?

Back