Position 2019 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still in wait and see mode on Gawn. If Preuss is named round 1 i'll probably swap Gawn for someone eg Goldstein (on the bright side I'll only be trading to someone cheaper so its not really going to be a major issue). Just because a club lures in a guy promising him ruck time doesn't mean it will actually happen. I'm sure there have been plenty of discussions behind closed doors that never work out. I think of a guy like Mark Seaby who was always supposed to be this great ruck in the shadow of Dean Cox. Ended up still being second fiddle for most of his career after he changed clubs.

If Gawn is named by himself then ill be going Grundy/Gawn as a set/forget combo.

I'm still in wait and see mode on Gawn. If Preuss is named round 1 i'll probably swap Gawn for someone eg Goldstein (on the bright side I'll only be trading to someone cheaper so its not really going to be a major issue). Just because a club lures in a guy promising him ruck time doesn't mean it will actually happen. I'm sure there have been plenty of discussions behind closed doors that never work out. I think of a guy like Mark Seaby who was always supposed to be this great ruck in the shadow of Dean Cox. Ended up still being second fiddle for most of his career after he changed clubs.

If Gawn is named by himself then ill be going Grundy/Gawn as a set/forget combo.
Thats premiership player Mark Seaby to you kent :p

Vs Lycett, Ryder, Westhoff. Preuss plays round 1 guaranteed. Round 2 vs The Geelong No Rucks, not so sure
Didn’t know sc is over after round 1.

I'm considering the Mummy at R3 strategy with Fort at R2 covering for the first 2 weeks (assuming Fort is named Rd1).

The main worry is that we just don't know if Mummy walks straight into the side in Rd3 or will they persist with Dawson Simpson and leave Mummy as backup (I know at full fitness Mummy is a far superior ruck).

Any thoughts on this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm considering the Mummy at R3 strategy with Fort at R2 covering for the first 2 weeks (assuming Fort is named Rd1).

The main worry is that we just don't know if Mummy walks straight into the side in Rd3 or will they persist with Dawson Simpson and leave Mummy as backup (I know at full fitness Mummy is a far superior ruck).

Any thoughts on this?
Im considering it to but at the moment have Clarke at R2 as I reckon he plays every game for the Bombers. TBC is trash.

Any thoughts on this?
If he is fit he will play. IF is the question tho
This seems to be the most popular trio after Grundy/Gawn.

Goldy/Stef deserve a shout out aswell.
I thought Fort Grundstein was the next most popular.

Just a heads up for anyone thinking they might field Fort round 1 if he gets a gig, be it Mumford cover, Hoff forward, Fort/Clarke R2/3 or whatever.

He's got Grundy round 1, which is a good thing for cash generation, as round 1 is the least important round as it'll only affect his price once. But then he'll be up against Gawn round 2, which once again is good for cash generation as it'll only effect 2 price rises instead of the standard 3, but you'd think his scoring against those two would be rubbish, so probably not good on the points front to start the year.

He then gets to go up against garbage truck Jacobs, could quite possibly get eaten in round 4 by Mumford, before matching up against BIG BOY the week after provided Mumford digests him in time for the game.

Typically you'd expect a first ruck to score better than rookies on other lines but the bloke has a shocking draw for a ruckman.

Just a heads up for anyone thinking they might field Fort round 1 if he gets a gig, be it Mumford cover, Hoff forward, Fort/Clarke R2/3 or whatever.

He's got Grundy round 1, which is a good thing for cash generation, as round 1 is the least important round as it'll only affect his price once. But then he'll be up against Gawn round 2, which once again is good for cash generation as it'll only effect 2 price rises instead of the standard 3, but you'd think his scoring against those two would be rubbish, so probably not good on the points front to start the year.

He then gets to go up against garbage truck Jacobs, could quite possibly get eaten in round 4 by Mumford, before matching up against BIG BOY the week after provided Mumford digests him in time for the game.

Typically you'd expect a first ruck to score better than rookies on other lines but the bloke has a shocking draw for a ruckman.
Youve got him dont ya...

giphy (6).gif

Why no love for Big Mcevoy?

Think just durability, no Mitchell and probably priced at his ceiling based on career output, depending a bit on how Ceglar or Pittonet might be worked in with him.
But not bad by any means and have thought about taking him in the past as a lower price steady output type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back