Official Match Thread Season 27 Round 1: Gold City Royals vs Mount Buller Demons @ The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
1549898419170.png
The 27th season of the Sweet FA gets underway on Sunday afternoon, after a lengthy off-season that saw the mighty South Australians lift the State of Origin title. The Mount Buller Demons will look to defend their flag, new signings will look to impress, and we can all look forward to some cracking Round 1 fixtures.

The new look Royals specifically requested the hardest test possible for Round 1, with the reigning premiers Mount Buller heading over to the Golden Throne to get their title defence off to the best possible task. After a leadership takeover, and with one of the most experienced lists in the league, the Royals will be hoping to topple the Demons to prove their credentials and work towards improving on a number of dire seasons. The Demons, meanwhile, have already proven they are the best - can they back it up in the new season?

SIGNINGS

The Filth Wizard's defection to the Royals to become their new captain, and the subsequent signings that followed, were arguably the biggest movements of the off-season and have transformed the Royals into one of the most experienced teams in the league. TFW brought Noobz0r across from the Hawks, while also being joined by Wonders co-captain ShaunDuggan, ex-Hawk brahj and also Quivorir, who will be looking to revive his career after some seasons of inactivity at the Gumbies. Gentlemen returns to the league with the club as well after a long stint at the Furies, whilst leaving the club are MWPP to the Bears and Footypie32 to the Demons.

The Demons have one of the tightest teams in the league and have only lost 1 player, with tigland retiring from the league following his premiership with the club. They've managed to bring class in, with Footypie32 joining from the Royals and _Cayz_ joining after just 1 season in Baghdad.

KEY PLAYERS

The Royals are, for once, spoilt for choice when it comes to team selection in Round 1 and Filthy will have some big decisions when it comes to team selection. It's safe to assume Blacky will once again line up in the goal square, but the likes of Filthy, Noobz0r, GreyCrow and Paddles_ will be fighting for midfield spots. grumbleguts could be an outside chance as well, after being a shining light for the Royals in Season 26.

Similarly, the Demons have a long call cast of established names that could be key names for the side in Round 1. Expect _Cayz_ to be around the midfield in his element, alongside the likes of Yakker and Tarkyn_24 who both gained All-SFA selection. You can put your house on manangatang playing in ruck as the reigning All-SFA ruckman, and after FinBar19 kicked 11 goals in the Grand Final, you can be sure he'll be a menace in the goalsquare once again.

LAST TIME THEY MET

Season 26, Round 13: Gold City Royals 12.8 (80) were defeated by Mount Buller Demons 15.12 (102) at the Golden Throne

At this point in the season, the Demons were virtually unbeatable although the Royals did well to get within 4 goals at home. 5 goals to 2 in the premiership quarter was an apt way for Mount Buller to win, led by FinBar19's 6 goals and 82 disposals between Proper Gander, Oddhawk and manangatang. For the Royals, grumbleguts played one of his best games yet with 20 touches and 9 marks and @RodneyDangerfield turned it on against his former club with 28 disposals and 6 tackles as ruck rover.

PREDICTION

Demons by 15 points.

Captains, please submit your team sheets by 11:59pm AEDT Thursday.

And now that that’s out of the way, I’m looking forward to this match. The Royals have brought in a lot of class and the likes of Blacky and Cloud_ are players I have a lot of respect for so I’m looking forward to a really good, well-natured week of banter.

Should be a good game but I’m tipping that we’ll continue to get things done as we have been over the past season.

Demons by 31.

Right. I’m here. Let’s beat up on some Royals.

I’ve trained the house down and am in ripping nick so I reckon we win this by about 90 and the Royals dont score.
Didn’t you read who we have recruited? One thing we can do is score.
What are you after?

Right. I’m here. Let’s beat up on some Royals.

I’ve trained the house down and am in ripping nick so I reckon we win this by about 90 and the Royals dont score.

You've had coffee haven't you?

The 27th season of the Sweet FA gets underway on Sunday afternoon, after a lengthy off-season that saw the mighty South Australians lift the State of Origin title. The Mount Buller Demons will look to defend their flag, new signings will look to impress, and we can all look forward to some cracking Round 1 fixtures.

The new look Royals specifically requested the hardest test possible for Round 1, with the reigning premiers Mount Buller heading over to the Golden Throne to get their title defence off to the best possible task. After a leadership takeover, and with one of the most experienced lists in the league, the Royals will be hoping to topple the Demons to prove their credentials and work towards improving on a number of dire seasons. The Demons, meanwhile, have already proven they are the best - can they back it up in the new season?

SIGNINGS

The Filth Wizard's defection to the Royals to become their new captain, and the subsequent signings that followed, were arguably the biggest movements of the off-season and have transformed the Royals into one of the most experienced teams in the league. TFW brought Noobz0r across from the Hawks, while also being joined by Wonders co-captain ShaunDuggan, ex-Hawk brahj and also Quivorir, who will be looking to revive his career after some seasons of inactivity at the Gumbies. Gentlemen returns to the league with the club as well after a long stint at the Furies, whilst leaving the club are MWPP to the Bears and Footypie32 to the Demons.

The Demons have one of the tightest teams in the league and have only lost 1 player, with tigland retiring from the league following his premiership with the club. They've managed to bring class in, with Footypie32 joining from the Royals and _Cayz_ joining after just 1 season in Baghdad.

KEY PLAYERS

The Royals are, for once, spoilt for choice when it comes to team selection in Round 1 and Filthy will have some big decisions when it comes to team selection. It's safe to assume Blacky will once again line up in the goal square, but the likes of Filthy, Noobz0r, GreyCrow and Paddles_ will be fighting for midfield spots. grumbleguts could be an outside chance as well, after being a shining light for the Royals in Season 26.

Similarly, the Demons have a long call cast of established names that could be key names for the side in Round 1. Expect _Cayz_ to be around the midfield in his element, alongside the likes of Yakker and Tarkyn_24 who both gained All-SFA selection. You can put your house on manangatang playing in ruck as the reigning All-SFA ruckman, and after FinBar19 kicked 11 goals in the Grand Final, you can be sure he'll be a menace in the goalsquare once again.

LAST TIME THEY MET

Season 26, Round 13: Gold City Royals 12.8 (80) were defeated by Mount Buller Demons 15.12 (102) at the Golden Throne

At this point in the season, the Demons were virtually unbeatable although the Royals did well to get within 4 goals at home. 5 goals to 2 in the premiership quarter was an apt way for Mount Buller to win, led by FinBar19's 6 goals and 82 disposals between Proper Gander, Oddhawk and manangatang. For the Royals, grumbleguts played one of his best games yet with 20 touches and 9 marks and @RodneyDangerfield turned it on against his former club with 28 disposals and 6 tackles as ruck rover.

PREDICTION

Demons by 15 points.

Captains, please submit your team sheets by 11:59pm AEDT Thursday.
How many of those 82 disposals I “shared” with Oddnawk and Manang. were mine? I have this weird feeling that they were actually all mine and you’ve decided to credit the other two from some sort of misplaced kindness.

How many of those 82 disposals I “shared” with Oddnawk and Manang. were mine? I have this weird feeling that they were actually all mine and you’ve decided to credit the other two from some sort of misplaced kindness.

Didn’t you read who we have recruited? One thing we can do is score.
What are you after?
You can Score huh? Seems optimistic. Doesn’t really matter who you brought over, you’ll somehow manage to R. Dangerfield them up somehow.

Plus I plan to cheat this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this the season you turn it all around Rodders?
We played in some practice match thingo where I played full back. I done alright because the full forward kicked 8.10 so I must have had some good gags on the mark to put him off.
We got smashed obviously.
So I would say I’m set to maintain my incredible consistency which doesn’t bode well for the team as you know. On the flip side they’ll be counting down the days til I leave, retire or get sacked so they can make some room in the trophy cabinet as you also know so there are positives.
Maybe I need to become a professional interchange or emergency?
I just have to pretend to myself that one day it will turn, and believe the lie.
At least I’m good at what I do badly.

You can Score huh? Seems optimistic. Doesn’t really matter who you brought over, you’ll somehow manage to R. Dangerfield them up somehow.

Plus I plan to cheat this season.
We have lots to help you there.

We have lots to help you there.
Drug dealers?

Nah my first idea was obviously to increase my strength to superhuman through munching steroids and watching lots of wrestling, but I rejected it in favour of something more subtle and have decided to play every match in a Holden Colorado. Wait until you see our speed transitioning the ball.

Drug dealers?

Nah my first idea was obviously to increase my strength to superhuman through munching steroids and watching lots of wrestling, but I rejected it in favour of something more subtle and have decided to play every match in a Holden Colorado. Wait until you see our speed transitioning the ball.
I won’t be watching.

This may account for your poor performance. Maybe open your eyes during a game?
I’ve tried that. This is better because unless I’m told otherwise sometimes I feel like maybe I done ok.

You had 11.

Really? Well that sucks.

Never mind. I’m cheating this year so will dominate.
I’ll just focus on the hitouts and will let you do the rest of the work. Sound good?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back