2019 Members Convention

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Our game plan last year was so fundamentally wrong it pissed me off when it won us games. It was almost a relief when we started losing. We were essentially channeling Homers boxing career.

Ken's lost 6kgs according to Kochie... obviously cut back on Soto's goodness.

Closer to the mark than you think. He used to bring fish and chips into his office regularly and pig out on it while the players have to eat their healthy meals. Wasn't seen as one of his more favourable aspects.

I am so glad our boys are all holding hands and having a blast now.

Can you imagine a world without Wingard and Polec?

B30EA1AE-F142-4DFE-902F-4107FCBE866B.jpeg

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Closer to the mark than you think. He used to bring fish and chips into his office regularly and pig out on it while the players have to eat their healthy meals. Wasn't seen as one of his more favourable aspects.
Hard to take instructions from a coach about elite standards when he is unfit and overweight.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Hard to take instructions from a coach about elite standards when he is unfit and overweight.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hard to take instructions from a coach about game plan when he doesn't understand it himself.

On [device name goes here] using HumungousSherrin.com immobile app

This is a bit surprising given the obvious resentment the players would develop seeing the head coach stuffing his face with fried food. Elite standards starts from the top.

As a rule of thumb, anyone in the football department that isn't physically fit should be given their marching orders. It doesn't matter if you're 30 or 70, you can set an example.

rogerjames

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well that pisses me off. If that is serious combined with a relunctance to attend OS training courses to improve himself then I just dont get what the club sees in him.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is a bit surprising given the obvious resentment the players would develop seeing the head coach stuffing his face with fried food. Elite standards starts from the top.

As a rule of thumb, anyone in the football department that isn't physically fit should be given their marching orders. It doesn't matter if you're 30 or 70, you can set an example.

Phew thank goodness we didn’t get Dew then.

my question to you is, will the club take any notice or actually realise there is a huge problem not just a small amount of discontent if there is no financial repercussions or membership walk out?

If people keep renewing their memberships even though they loathe and despise what the club is doing and has been doing for the last 4 years, then the club will say 'well the members must think we are doing alright or they would have voted with their feet'. So membership buyout (if that is even a term) seems to be the only way that the members can actually get the club to listen to the discontent amongst members.

The restrictive surveys with stupid questions that make me think they are really asking "how great is Port? and on a scale of 10 or 10 how good is our China strategy?'
Never really asking what is wrong and what would you want to see us do to fix it?

Sometimes everyone sucking it up is not the answer. I just hope they have understood how serious the supporter discontent is. Because if they don't fix the gameplan, and player selection - selecting a ruck when a ruck goes down and not robbing from another key position then I would imagine they will see a true membership meltdown in the next couple of years and that kind of devastion may take a decade to improve.

I just don't trust that they actually realise the true level of frustration and resentment that members have towards the footballing department. It doesn't help when they continue to dick with traditions because of no good reasons.

Well you can spend money but still tell them you aren’t happy.

Email membership, post it hear, they are taking it in.

But there is a magic syringe, isnt there Arnold?

Only time i can remember him ordering during the day is when he bought lunch for the entire playing group at the end of 2017.

Back