Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Last edited:

kirsti

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United
It's been tried. The top women could barely compete with the 400-500th ranked male. If Serena won a game from the top male player it would be a minor miracle.
None of the top 400 male tennis players are suffering complete androgen deprivation.

Oct 7, 2003
Lubyanka Square
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Red Devil Sport Club
Fallon Fox is 13 years post surgical transitioned her testosterone levels would be under .2 nmols/L.
Tell that to his opponent that had their skull fractured and was concussed
Afterwards she said that she had never felt so overpowered

You can hand the elite level of womens sport over to Trans athletes to prove your agenda all you want
Just not combat sports

Last edited:

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Who actually cares what their testosterone levels are? At the bottom of the matter the don't have the female anatomy to continue human's as a species which is what females are designed to do. Taking HRT or anything otherwise doesn't change that. A healthy person of sound mind could take it for the hell of it and he suddenly doesn't say, "Well, I guess I'm female now I'll start competing in female sports." From a sporting stand point it's complete nonsense they would base testosterone levels on whether or not they can compete as a female. It's a mental health condition. You don't see people with Body Dysmorphic Disorder being told that the only treatment possible is plastic surgery.

That's only relevant if you're looking through the prism of penis-in-vagina sexual reproduction. A very small facet of a larger issue.

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
No love for Navratilova?

martina-navratilova.jpg

Didn't she win heaps of titles over a large number of years, though? Average looker - great talent. Yet the argument is that Anna Kournikova - gorgeous woman with very average talent, made as much moolah as the world-beater.

Didn't she win heaps of titles over a large number of years, though? Average looker - great talent. Yet the argument is that Anna Kournikova - gorgeous woman with very average talent, made as much moolah as the world-beater.
It's almost as though a woman's value is partially determined by how she looks.

I know that isn't PC but it's something we have over guys, most of us look infinitely more rootable than a guy, to a straight guy anyway. It's one of our advantages.

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

I know that isn't PC but it's something we have over guys, most of us look infinitely more rootable than a guy, to a straight guy anyway. It's one of our advantages.

Yeah, we've got different drives in general. Don't get me wrong, a good looking dude will make more bank than an ordinary-looking one as well, but you're right. Women can go much, much further trading on looks.

It's not right. A woman's sole value shouldn't be just how she looks any more than it should be for a man. But that's how our advertising industry has built up. That's how fashion and glamour work. They feed and feed off our shallowness and base desires.

I'm not totaly against it. It's not wrong to admire beauty. It's not wrong to see someone attractive and want them for reasons. In the big picture however humans should be worth more than the 'base stuff' is all.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

What you say is self evident to most but oblivious to those with a PC outlook,

In tennis (and most other sports) it's clear that the best female players are a significant skill level below the best male players. The value of female tennis players is significantly determined by their looks rather than their ability. It's a sexist policy.

Oct 7, 2003
Lubyanka Square
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Red Devil Sport Club
Who stands to gain from beauty being removed from the judgement of a woman's value the most?

I'd hazard a guess it's those who would think their rank would improve.
Not sure
In tennis looks would not come into rankings or tournament wins etc
Just with endorsements and advertisers wanting to attach their name to a semi talented but photogenic player
Like Kournikova

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
And here's me thinking it was chromosomes.

Your definition would exclude post menopausal women as well as those who's uterus doesn't work properly, etc.
There is a foundational assumption that they are able to or have been at some point in their life, and it is this that distinguishes their life experiences from men. A woman who finds out she can’t bear children at age 20 still grows up with all the burdens reproduction pose on women.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
https://beta.theaustralian.com.au/n...t/news-story/7b655217baaca0bebcf191e6ff2adc52

Apologies for posting a paywalled link, but a search on "Navratilova transgender" should find a copy somewhere.

Martina has written pretty well here, and is sad the vilification and lack of reason coming back the other way.

My only criticism would be the "cheating" comment seems to lack some empathy. Unfair, yes. A situation very susceptible to cheating, yes.

Otherwise, just common sense really.

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
The interesting thing about Navratilova is that she initially said that trans athletes competing in women’s sport was unfair, was called out for it, and in contrition said she’d go and educate herself to better understand what trans athletes face.

On further research she has discovered that her original views were not only correct, but she was too charitable to trans athletes.

Red pilled in real time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back