List Mgmt. Bringing them home! - Updated 14/Jun/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Should have also mentioned Stride (who manage Fyfe, Hogan and Neale) also manage Jack Martin, Coniglio, Angus Brayshaw, Patrick Cripps, Petrevski-Seton...

edit - their website is terrible though - like watching paint dry loading and errors all over the place. The commission from Fyfe, Hogan and Neale can't afford a bit of a website upgrade? TLA Worldwide's website (manage Lobb) not much better either.

freo1

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
After reading reports like this I really don't think i'd want the guy at our club.

So they speak ill of their current club publicly due to a lack of support, say that for the health and well being of their club they want to go home, but then get picky about which club..... Health and well being cant be that important if they're being picky about it....

The Kelly's seem to be coming across as quite righteous people. Great player but not worth the attitude to me. My feeling is he only wants to go to the Eagles as they have a deeper midfield where he wont be tagged, like at Geelong. He know he'll have to deal with more attention at Freo. Like Des Hedland in his time. Out and out star at Brissie amongst their midfield, but couldn't handle attention at freo when the tag came to him!

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/g...given-her-family-enough-support-ng-b88997069z

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
After reading reports like this I really don't think i'd want the guy at our club.

So they speak ill of their current club publicly due to a lack of support, say that for the health and well being of their club they want to go home, but then get picky about which club..... Health and well being cant be that important if they're being picky about it....

The Kelly's seem to be coming across as quite righteous people. Great player but not worth the attitude to me. My feeling is he only wants to go to the Eagles as they have a deeper midfield where he wont be tagged, like at Geelong. He know he'll have to deal with more attention at Freo. Like Des Hedland in his time. Out and out star at Brissie amongst their midfield, but couldn't handle attention at freo when the tag came to him!

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/g...given-her-family-enough-support-ng-b88997069z
It is hard to be sympathetic after what his manager said. If the support was what they really wanted they would have entertained the Freo offer. Clearly they prioritised other things, which is totally fine, just don't bitch about it.

Also, Geelong wanted 20, 22 + 2019 first which is ridiculous. If I were the Eagles I would have walked away too.

freo1

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It is hard to be sympathetic after what his manager said. If the support was what they really wanted they would have entertained the Freo offer. Clearly they prioritised other things, which is totally fine, just don't bitch about it.

Also, Geelong wanted 20, 22 + 2019 first which is ridiculous. If I were the Eagles I would have walked away too.

I agree, Geelong were wanting overs big time. Just shits me when they
1) Bitch publicly about their employer who's probably doing their best
2) Moan how they need to come home for health and wellbeing reasons, but are picky about it. Surely if returning to WA for health reasons was som important they'd go to any club.

And yep, his manager seems a right tool!

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
A lot of salty WC supporters incorrectly assuming they'll just get him for free next year. Will laugh so hard if Geelong stand their ground again, he goes into the draft and we pick him up. Would almost he worth it just for clubs to take back a bit of power from the players. It's going to cost WC plenty next year in any case.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nailed it!

Ha ha, only four years too late. Him and Dean Kent seemed obvious choices to me back then as they filled the need - right age bracket and provide some speed and run. Who knows if it will pan out now, I certainly hope it does.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Would actually like it if we didn't do anything with our first next year..

Jeremy Sharp is everything we need
I posted on another thread but our WA U18's is looking good this year. Does anyone know if Prior is related.
With Sharp, Georgiades, Glass's nephew, Henry some serious spread of talent, besides Jackson.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
I posted on another thread but our WA U18's is looking good this year. Does anyone know if Prior is related.
With Sharp, Georgiades, Glass's nephew, Henry some serious spread of talent, besides Jackson.
Early days, but if the draft was tomorrow I'd be picking Anderson, Rowell or Williams. Probably in that order. Doubt (hope) we don't have the pick to get one of them. I'd be pretty keen to trade our first this year if it gets us in the Jack Martin conversation.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Early days, but if the draft was tomorrow I'd be picking Anderson, Rowell or Williams. Probably in that order. Doubt (hope) we don't have the pick to get one of them. I'd be pretty keen to trade our first this year if it gets us in the Jack Martin conversation.
Draft pick won't matter re Martin. Either he wants to come here and we find a way or he doesn't. Keen to get to Essendon anyway I believe.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Draft pick won't matter re Martin. Either he wants to come here and we find a way or he doesn't. Keen to get to Essendon anyway I believe.
Is there anyone apart from Bombers supporters saying he wants to go to Essendon?

GCSs will want established players in preference to draft picks I would have thought.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is there anyone apart from Bombers supporters saying he wants to go to Essendon?

GCSs will want established players in preference to draft picks I would have thought.
Pretty sure it got reported towards the end of the trade period (no idea where) that he was keen on Essendon. Think Dodo might have been asked about it too.

Agree they would want established players but also think that just like in the past they have no chance of getting anybody good. Nobody wants to go there (except Weller).

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
It's certainly an interesting one. He's not really 'coming home' if he comes to Freo or West Coast. Spent very little time in the big smoke (grew up in Broome and Gero) so we'd have to offer him a really attractive offer to get in front of Essendon, 9 other Vic clubs and Port (who were also keen at end of last year).

It'll come down to: Does he want to leave the Suns and if so, what is the length and size of the contract in front of him. We'd also have to turn heads with our offer to the Suns in a trade.

It's a lot, but we'd be mad not to seriously pursue it. I doubt there's anyone in this draft outside the top 2 or 3 who will be as good as him, and he fits our age profile perfectly for the rebuild.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's certainly an interesting one. He's not really 'coming home' if he comes to Freo or West Coast. Spent very little time in the big smoke (grew up in Broome and Gero) so we'd have to offer him a really attractive offer to get in front of Essendon, 9 other Vic clubs and Port (who were also keen at end of last year).

It'll come down to: Does he want to leave the Suns and if so, what is the length and size of the contract in front of him. We'd also have to turn heads with our offer to the Suns in a trade.

It's a lot, but we'd be mad not to seriously pursue it. I doubt there's anyone in this draft outside the top 2 or 3 who will be as good as him, and he fits our age profile perfectly for the rebuild.
Our trade offer to the Suns meas SFA. Unless his preferred choice wants to lowball the Suns really hard or simply has no currency it will be what Jack wants, not what GC wants.

I am sure we'll have a crack but I can't see us getting it done. Also, unless he goes bananas this year, he is not worth more than 600k, simply hasn't had the performances to warrant to date.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Our trade offer to the Suns meas SFA. Unless his preferred choice wants to lowball the Suns really hard or simply has no currency it will be what Jack wants, not what GC wants.
That's not entirely true. See Tim Kelly. If we don't come up with something the Suns want - he goes elsewhere or stays a Sun.
I am sure we'll have a crack but I can't see us getting it done. Also, unless he goes bananas this year, he is not worth more than 600k, simply hasn't had the performances to warrant to date.
Can't agree with this. He's been top 3 in the last 3 Suns BnF, played 58 games (out of 66) so is durable, lays just under 5 tackles and kicks a goal a game in a team that got belted most weeks. He's 24 and played 81 games. You'll need a heck of a lot more than 600 to even get a seat at the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back