Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not trying to be contemporary or old.. I am not being a clem so to speak.. I am not being anything other than myself..

I am not giving a s**t about being a normal female... human.. dry rot female..

I am up for every other dubious contemplation of human variation.. so call me a drunk.. far.. k tall dubious renovation .. human..

I can take it..

Yeah, good for you, whatever that is.

So because I'm not a woman, I don't know what they're attracted to? LMAO.
You can put ROFL it doesnt change the fact you dont know.

They're attracted to money and security for starters, especially when seeking a long term partner to have children with. This aint rocket science. Do you think a female professional wants to marry a factory worker, or someone in the same social class as herself?
When you say professional, what do you mean? A Teacher, a social worker, a Physio and HR for Department of Human Services or do you mean a Surgeon, Barrister, Research Scientist?
Because you throw white collar blanket over them all.

Im not sure what what you mean by class either, because im pretty sure a factory worker (driving a forklift) and lets say a Social worker (professional) would be in the same middle class in terms of economic capacity.

Whats more, a Female Surgeon not being interested in a factory worker for a mate, seems a feasible judgement. But that wont change irrespective of what the numbers of University graduates of female to male are. But I guess if that same uneducated guy left school at 14, worked hard and started his own factory. Had s**t loads of cash, I guess that would change the surgeons view of him as i mate? I dont know?

Also, most men without a university education are not small business owners. The extreme vast majority are employees. The issue I'm highlighting is women outnumbering men at college and university, sometimes at a ratio of 60/40 or greater. There is a growing education gap between men and women, which will have an impact on educated women on the dating market who are looking for educated men.
How do you know this? Or is this just what you reckon based on your view of the world?

You can put ROFL it doesnt change the fact you dont know.

Ok, so I'm wrong and women are not attracted to security? Interesting theory.

When you say professional, what do you mean? A Teacher, a social worker, a Physio and HR for Department of Human Services or do you mean a Surgeon, Barrister, Research Scientist?
Because you throw white collar blanket over them all.

All of the above and more. I'm talking about fields that require a university education.

Im not sure what what you mean by class either, because im pretty sure a factory worker (driving a forklift) and lets say a Social worker (professional) would be in the same middle class in terms of economic capacity.

Well if you're trying to reduce this entire thing down to comparable salary figures, that just doesn't work in the real world. A social worker who has spent 4 years studying at university compared to a guy who has done a 2 day course to get a forklift ticket, are not equal in terms of their level of training, education and knowledge required for their occupation. A person with a university education generally has a career; a forklift driver just has a job. A woman is going to perceive a forklift driver vastly differently from a doctor, for reasons much broader than a simple income figure.

Whats more, a Female Surgeon not being interested in a factory worker for a mate, seems a feasible judgement. But that wont change irrespective of what the numbers of University graduates of female to male are. But I guess if that same uneducated guy left school at 14, worked hard and started his own factory. Had s**t loads of cash, I guess that would change the surgeons view of him as i mate? I dont know?

You're talking about outliers and exceptions to the rule. The vast majority of uneducated guys who leave school at 14 and work in a factory, do not start their own factories and have shitloads of cash. I'm talking about the large scale phenomenon of increasingly lopsided gender ratios at universities worldwide, which I am theorizing is going to create a situation where some educated women won't be able to find a man they deem worthy for a serious relationship and marriage/kids. When this happens, it will probably be spoken about under the guise of a "man drought" in the media, because nobody wants to admit that feminism has backfired on women. They'll be talking about why it's so hard for women to find the "right guy", but they won't entertain the real reasons why, or at least won't state them explicitly.

How do you know this? Or is this just what you reckon based on your view of the world?

How do I know that there's more employees than employers? Really?

I've already explained why it would have an impact on educated women on the dating market.

Ok, so I'm wrong and women are not attracted to security? Interesting theory.

All of the above and more. I'm talking about fields that require a university education.

Well if you're trying to reduce this entire thing down to comparable salary figures, that just doesn't work in the real world. A social worker who has spent 4 years studying at university compared to a guy who has done a 2 day course to get a forklift ticket, are not equal in terms of their level of training, education and knowledge required for their occupation. A person with a university education generally has a career; a forklift driver just has a job. A woman is going to perceive a forklift driver vastly differently from a doctor, for reasons much broader than a simple income figure.

So now its not about "Social Class" its the loose assumptions about career vs Job?
I didnt think there was a difference. what is the difference between a job and a career. Can a Job not lead to a career? How does that relate to social class.
How does this even relate to your theory that a woman will not choose to date a man outside of her "social class" when infact Id argue they are the same class by earning capacity. [/QUOTE]

You're talking about outliers and exceptions to the rule. The vast majority of uneducated guys who leave school at 14 and work in a factory, do not start their own factories and have shitloads of cash. I'm talking about the large scale phenomenon of increasingly lopsided gender ratios at universities worldwide, which I am theorizing is going to create a situation where some educated women won't be able to find a man they deem worthy for a serious relationship and marriage/kids. When this happens, it will probably be spoken about under the guise of a "man drought" in the media, because nobody wants to admit that feminism has backfired on women. They'll be talking about why it's so hard for women to find the "right guy", but they won't entertain the real reasons why, or at least won't state them explicitly.
What exactly do you mean by educated? A vast number of women do Nursing, they come out earn, what? 50-100k? at a guess?
Mr man hands chippie, runs a crew of subbies and nets 250k per annum.
So all these women nurses are going to look down on the High Vis bloke with a trailor? Because hes not educated?
Please give me spell.

How do I know that there's more employees than employers? Really?

I've already explained why it would have an impact on educated women on the dating market.

No my questions was how do you know that small business owners do or dont have a University Degree?
Ill find some stats for you, but my point is small buisness is the life blood of the australian economy. I know that a large majority do not have a university degree.
The point is wealth determines class, and based on your theory , there will be a surplus of educated women, causing an imapct on the dating market.
I call bullshit.

So now its not about "Social Class" its the loose assumptions about career vs Job?
I didnt think there was a difference. what is the difference between a job and a career. Can a Job not lead to a career? How does that relate to social class.
How does this even relate to your theory that a woman will not choose to date a man outside of her "social class" when infact Id argue they are the same class by earning capacity.

No, that's absolutely not at all what I said. I said that you trying to reduce the whole equation down to comparable salary figures doesn't work in the real world. Women who are educated want to partner with educated men for a variety of reasons. Salary is just one of them. I just gave one such reason as an example, of a woman who has spent 4 years of her life being trained at university overlooking a forklift driver who has no qualifications other than a forklift ticket.

What exactly do you mean by educated? A vast number of women do Nursing, they come out earn, what? 50-100k? at a guess?
Mr man hands chippie, runs a crew of subbies and nets 250k per annum.
So all these women nurses are going to look down on the High Vis bloke with a trailor? Because hes not educated?
Please give me spell.

In case you forgot, what I'm arguing is that lopsided gender ratios at universities will have an impact on educated women's dating prospects. I think it's pretty obvious what I mean by educated.

No my questions was how do you know that small business owners do or dont have a University Degree?
Ill find some stats for you, but my point is small buisness is the life blood of the australian economy. I know that a large majority do not have a university degree.
The point is wealth determines class, and based on your theory , there will be a surplus of educated women, causing an imapct on the dating market.
I call bullshit.

Okay let me make this simple for you. Most men do not own a small business, period. The vast majority are employees. You keep implying that men without a university education can make up for it by running a successful small business, which I never disputed. What I'm saying is that you're talking about a very small percentage of the male population, against a vast and growing discrepancy in higher education levels between men and women. There's not going to be enough guys on the dating market with successful small businesses to offset the undersupply of university-educated men.

No, that's absolutely not at all what I said. I said that you trying to reduce the whole equation down to comparable salary figures doesn't work in the real world. Women who are educated want to partner with educated men for a variety of reasons. Salary is just one of them. I just gave one such reason as an example, of a woman who has spent 4 years of her life being trained at university overlooking a forklift driver who has no qualifications other than a forklift ticket.

In case you forgot, what I'm arguing is that lopsided gender ratios at universities will have an impact on educated women's dating prospects. I think it's pretty obvious what I mean by educated.

Okay let me make this simple for you. Most men do not own a small business, period. The vast majority are employees. You keep implying that men without a university education can make up for it by running a successful small business, which I never disputed. What I'm saying is that you're talking about a very small percentage of the male population, against a vast and growing discrepancy in higher education levels between men and women. There's not going to be enough guys on the dating market with successful small businesses to offset the undersupply of university-educated men.
The position that doesn't make sense is that there will be a vast under supply of educated men for women due to the education disparity.
And that women won't be attracted to men that don't hold an education.
That doesn't make sense.
Because your assuming the power of attraction is in education which somehow you equate to social class.

Perhaps and this is only a suggestion is that you read some of the numerous books available on what women are biologically attracted to.
Plain and simple and that comes down to the Alpha male.
I think the true shortage for women will be the result of educated men that have fallen for the modern social ideologies of what men should be.
Good luck with that

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The position that doesn't make sense is that there will be a vast under supply of educated men for women due to the education disparity.
And that women won't be attracted to men that don't hold an education.
That doesn't make sense.
Because your assuming the power of attraction is in education which somehow you equate to social class.

Perhaps and this is only a suggestion is that you read some of the numerous books available on what women are biologically attracted to.
Plain and simple and that comes down to the Alpha male.
I think the true shortage for women will be the result of educated men that have fallen for the modern social ideologies of what men should be.
Good luck with that

I think this bloke is on the right track, an educated guy can be desired but not always, many educated people can’t find a well paying job, therefore won’t be desired. Not many tradesmen struggle for dough plus ladies like a bloke who can “do s**t”.

I think this bloke is on the right track, an educated guy can be desired but not always, many educated people can’t find a well paying job, therefore won’t be desired. Not many tradesmen struggle for dough plus ladies like a bloke who can “do s**t”.
Thats exactly it. He was presenting a boxed view.
Aside from the obvious tertiary qualifications like medicine, legal, pharmaceutical, sciences which attract the most highly intelligent people and provide a high income earning capacity , all the others lead to average paying jobs.
Having less males complete a university degree will have zero impact on a woman's ability to find a suitable mate.

Tradesmen have a LOT shorter time span to earn good 'dough' and usually aren't smart with it. How much does your average 40 yr old tradie have in super?
wat. Tradie careers don't require the elite athleticism of AFL careers. The show ain't over at 40. Walk past a construction site, most of the heavy lifting and grunt work is done by apprentices, and there's an endless stream of them joining the workforce to help out the older guys. There's plenty who are 50+ who can still work on the tools, and those who can't generally land in a more supervisory role, or run the business, etc.

Tradesmen have a LOT shorter time span to earn good 'dough' and usually aren't smart with it. How much does your average 40 yr old tradie have in super?
He's probably got his own house almost paid off and a couple of investment properties positively geared.
No need for Super

A smart tradesman will end up off the tools to a large extent as they get older. As for how much super a 40 year old trader has I have no idea, I believe union members have a super fund and again the smart ones would.

I’m a white collar and reckon I’ll probably end up ahead of an average tradie eventually and with a lot less of wear and tear on my body. Though then again time behind the desk = obesity which may cause more issues in the long run.

FYI I finished my undergrad at 23 with a 30k debt and no savings where my tradie mates were buying their first units and have since added to this for the most part, I didn’t buy a house until about 28 or so. (Also have another 40k HECS debt just after paying off the original debt now due to doing my masters yay!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A smart tradesman will end up off the tools to a large extent as they get older. As for how much super a 40 year old trader has I have no idea, I believe union members have a super fund and again the smart ones would.

I’m a white collar and reckon I’ll probably end up ahead of an average tradie eventually and with a lot less of wear and tear on my body. Though then again time behind the desk = obesity which may cause more issues in the long run.

FYI I finished my undergrad at 23 with a 30k debt and no savings where my tradie mates were buying their first units and have since added to this for the most part, I didn’t buy a house until about 28 or so. (Also have another 40k HECS debt just after paying off the original debt now due to doing my masters yay!)
Will probably have close to 40k in HECS debt by kid year and I'll be limited to a teacher's salary if I stick to the core skill I created the debt for :(

Don't get me wrong - teachers are paid well. But there is a ceiling within the job unlike perhaps a business degree where the limit is undefined. Just fishing for sympathy. Can't start too soon with that as a teacher apparently ...

Will probably have close to 40k in HECS debt by kid year and I'll be limited to a teacher's salary if I stick to the core skill I created the debt for :(

Don't get me wrong - teachers are paid well. But there is a ceiling within the job unlike perhaps a business degree where the limit is undefined. Just fishing for sympathy. Can't start too soon with that as a teacher apparently ...

Ha ha, you've learned well! And what you say is right about a business degree, work/life balance can be an issue of course but you get well rewarded.

Get a second job for the 50 million weeks teachers get off every year. Private security firm??

Last edited:
I know it's Daily Life, so not exactly mainstream thought. But it does leave me feeling sorry for the kid. It just seems wrong, got a Billy Elliot vibe to it where the kid might love doing something but is forced into being someone he is not.
https://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle...f-raising-a-feminist-boy-20190221-p50ze7.html

I think, as an anti-feminist, I'm raising exactly the kind of boy that she's trying to raise. In this house it's daddy who calls the doctor about the bed-jumping monkey, and it's mum who plays the doctor role. My son plays with hand-me-down toys from his sisters and none of us blink. He helps both mum and dad when we do house chores. He enjoys watching shows with female protagonists as much as male. His main interests are cars and trucks, but that didn't come from me (I couldn't give a crap about that stuff as a kid or now).

This woman needs to let go of her ideology and raise a well-adjusted and decent human being.

I think, as an anti-feminist, I'm raising exactly the kind of boy that she's trying to raise. In this house it's daddy who calls the doctor about the bed-jumping monkey, and it's mum who plays the doctor role. My son plays with hand-me-down toys from his sisters and none of us blink. He helps both mum and dad when we do house chores. He enjoys watching shows with female protagonists as much as male. His main interests are cars and trucks, but that didn't come from me (I couldn't give a crap about that stuff as a kid or now).

This woman needs to let go of her ideology and raise a well-adjusted and decent human being.
Its a small sample size but I've been blown away by the difference between my two kids. My girl is 3.5 and boy turned 1 at the start of the month. They were both big kids, both had a shitload of hair when born and almost everyone comments how they even looked the same as infants (they've since diverged in looks but you can easily tell they are related). Despite the physical similarities (which pretty much proves they are both mine - or my wife has been seeing the same guy behind my back for years), they couldn't be more different in temperament.

They are both very active, but the boy takes it to a whole new level. He is batshit insane and has no regard for his own wellbeing. My girl had a wide variety of toys and she loves messing around with toy cars, but she is fascinated with everything princess-related and playing dress up. The boy has so far shown no interest in the traditionally girly toys but could make car sounds and push a truck along at a ridiculously early age.

Perhaps some of the difference is accounted for by the second child watching the older one and wanting to catch up beyond their capabilities, but the despite having exactly the same upbringing, they have clearly different interests (so far) that align with traditional gender roles.

I've always thought the blank slate theory was crap, and having read more about psychology, biology and seen it first hand, I'm pretty sure of it now.

So does the dad by sounds of it, that or at least take his pants back.
only reality in that article is the bit about the boy needing a solid male role model.

Yea my son got one of his sister's Barbie's , stuck it to the white board and took aim with his nerf gun .
It was funny. Especially because he doesn't have a spiteful, hurtful angry, aggressive bone in his body.

What I find hard to comprehend, is that these parliamentarians presenting the data , have a preconceived ideology and a hypothesis that is potentially and most likely untruthful.
Why are they ignorantly and deliberately trying to present a lie.
How have the tentacles of lies and mistruths penetrated our political system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back