AFL AFL Futures 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the 'AFL Team Futures Multis' section on SB holds some value. You can multi Pies, Dees and Crows to make the top 8, with odds of $2.50 - which for me is near a certainty of getting up.

A 'longshot' multi of Tigers premiership, Geelong top 8, Pies top 8, Dees top 8, Crows top 4 (draw is too easy to ignore) is also at juicy odds of $44.43 and can power play into $53.42.

I think the 'AFL Team Futures Multis' section on SB holds some value. You can multi Pies, Dees and Crows to make the top 8, with odds of $2.50 - which for me is near a certainty of getting up.

A 'longshot' multi of Tigers premiership, Geelong top 8, Pies top 8, Dees top 8, Crows top 4 (draw is too easy to ignore) is also at juicy odds of $44.43 and can power play into $53.42.
With all these new and significant rule changes happening at once, how on Earth can you be so confident with these bets?

I'd be steering well clear of any bet like this. There is likely to be a significant amount of changes to the top eight from last year.

As much as it hurts to say I think Hawks will miss... Mitchell out is huge.

1.60 to miss.

Adelaide 1.60 to make it

Essendon 1.60 to make it..

Hawthorn for me is the one team who I think MAY be the most likely to adjust to the new rule changes quicker than any other team. Clarkson is a freak of a coach, and he prides himself on innovation. Mitchell or no Mitchell, I'd be fearing the Hawks.

Clarkson has gone on record as saying there has never been this many new and significant rule changes from one season to the next. He's all over it. I'm not saying other teams won't be, but I definitely wouldn't be putting my money on the Hawks to miss the eight.

Think Josh Kennedy’s total goals being set at 68.5 on BetEasy seems a little high, he’s struggled with his body over the last 12 months.

Same thinking might go for Jesse Hogan and under 47.5.
Love JK but poison unders, reckon he'll get nursed a little if are winning enough games on road trip and that's before his regulation month off with quad. Darling may even represent value for Eags leading goalkicker at 5s and reckon pick of the lot to be over 40.5 snags particularly with 6-6-6 format

Edit. Careful tho, finals count and must play minimum 15 games for bets to stand

Last edited:
Love JK but poison unders, reckon he'll get nursed a little if are winning enough games on road trip and that's before his regulation month off with quad. Darling may even represent value for Eags leading goalkicker at 5s and reckon pick of the lot to be over 40.5 snags particularly with 6-6-6 format

Edit. Careful tho, finals count and must play minimum 15 games for bets to stand
are you saying he shouldn't back Kennedy to kick less than 68.5 goals? that's what he's bet on for the same reasons you've stated

are you saying he shouldn't back Kennedy to kick less than 68.5 goals? that's what he's bet on for the same reasons you've stated

Yes because if he gets injured enough and doesn't play 15 games (one of the main avenues for the unders to cash) then the bet is void

Might have a crack at Benny brown for the Coleman. Bloke is in his absolute prime now and has always been reliable to stay on the park. Can’t really trust franklin or Kennedy to do the same.

Has anyone found any dodgy markets that shouldn’t be able to be multi-ed but in fact are letting you.

I remember one at the end of last season with ladbrokes was you could multi the dees to lose both of their last 2 games as well as for them to miss the 8, which was about a 90% chance of happening if they lost their last 2. They didn’t end up losing them and the bet lost but it was a great hole in the market.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone found any dodgy markets that shouldn’t be able to be multi-ed but in fact are letting you.

I remember one at the end of last season with ladbrokes was you could multi the dees to lose both of their last 2 games as well as for them to miss the 8, which was about a 90% chance of happening if they lost their last 2. They didn’t end up losing them and the bet lost but it was a great hole in the market.
The TAB allows you to multi the winner of the Norm Smith Medal into the winner of the Clive Churchill Medal into the Norm Smith / Clive Churchill double into the Clive Churchill / Norm Smith double. If you lose, they keep your money. If you win, they keep your money.

Thinking Brownlow place: Cripps at 3.00 is pretty good.
Am i right in saying that this pre season bet wouldn't have the cash out option unlike if same bet placed once season starts?
Would be better to wait perhaps also after the Blues get annihilated by Tiges in round 1. Like the theory a few posts back about Melbourne and betting against the trend.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah wait until the season starts mate, i got on T.Mitch in the pre season of 2017 with plans of cashing out when his odds inevitably came in but i couldn't due to putting the bet on before the season started.

Dunno mate, crownbet disabled multi betting on me and it's carried over to beteasy so can't tell ya really.
I actually don't understand the logic behind this. It happened to me too.

Bookies theoretically should love it when you take multies. That's why so many of them offer "money back if one leg fails".

I actually don't understand the logic behind this. It happened to me too.

Bookies theoretically should love it when you take multies. That's why so many of them offer "money back if one leg fails".
My thoughts also. I did contact them but they just said its not up to us its up to some other department, can't remember exactly what one. So said well put me onto them and I'll ask them the same simple question. No we can't do that.

Just looking on SB

Issac Heeney AA (5.00) - First full preseason
Neale AA (6.50) - First full preseason in 3 years
Taylor Adams AA ($26) - Grundy basically said he's the stand out at training

Carlton -6.5 ($1.75). Their list is not only one of the worst but also injury depleted.
Adelaide +13.5 ($1.90) - Won 12 last year and the list is in far far healthier, no off season distractions.

Just looking on SB

Issac Heeney AA (5.00) - First full preseason
Neale AA (6.50) - First full preseason in 3 years
Taylor Adams AA ($26) - Grundy basically said he's the stand out at training

Carlton -6.5 ($1.75). Their list is not only one of the worst but also injury depleted.
Adelaide +13.5 ($1.90) - Won 12 last year and the list is in far far healthier, no off season distractions.
Like those bets. Especially the Heeney one!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't mind James Sicily All-Australian @ 3.50 as well as Jake Lloyd @ 4.00. Sicily would have been in had he played a full season last year and Lloyd racks up too much ball down back to ignore. The AA selections down back also tend to rotate - only Rance/McGovern and before that Enright had really been consistent features and neither of those two have been selected yet. Be surprised if one misses.

Callan Ward @ 21.00 also looks overs (especially alongside Hannebery/Murphy etc. at the same price). Three 40-man squad appearances in five years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back