Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
BA5B8887-9F6E-4101-AAFE-FED8787E9BE5_zps1dyszzju.jpeg

New sticks. JPX 919 Forged 4-5 919 Tour 6-PW Nippon NS Pro Tour 120 S shafts. Taking them out tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
All as you would expect. What is the distance loss down to? Are they weaker lofts?
Yes, weaker lofts (7 Iron is 34* vs 30.5*?) and about 5-10m shorter, which I suppose is to be expected. I'm going to try either ProV1X or TP5X when they come out this week to see if a lower spinning ball will help get some distance.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
The new TP5 line are $3 cheaper than the ProV1's although older one's can be had for $48 a dozen. Might give those a go, or even the Srixon Z-Star. They've had great reviews.
I bought 2 dozen from golf box of the old TP5X’s for $89.
I’m still using Titleist NXT Tour balls as well. Bought 5 dozen of them from Rebel for $30/dozen last year when they were superseded. I was told by the manager of Golf World that Titleist got rid of the NXT Tour balls because they were virtually as good as the 2017 ProV1’s. Sales of the ProV1’s had fallen through the floor because of this.

Oct 6, 2017
All over the place
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool Boston Celtics Victory
I played comp yesterday and used it 6 times. The first shot I hit a little fat and pushed it. The rest were nice shots and the club is the best Hybrid I’ve ever hit. Very happy with the ping off the club even when I miss hit it.
Excellent. You got it for a good price too, yeah? I have a love hate relationship with my Cobra hybrids.:mad:

Oct 5, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Playing off 24 and thinking of getting some new irons - have a Callaway XR driver and 3w which are the first additions to my ($500 all up) beginners set, now want to continue that replacement process.

Thinking Callaway Rogues or Taylormade m4's - probably a matter of going to my local shop and asking for a fitting though right? What other options are there in the game improvement category around the same price? Playing off a handicap of 24 right now...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back