MFC Fans Only Non Dees AFL thread 2019 edition- Thank god its over. Tylenol NOW!

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I doubt it’s the same parties behind these two noble endeavours.

On another topic, I saw something funny on the Carlton board yesterday. One of the posters suggested that Buggy’s business endeavour only took off because he was recruited by Carlton. Because of course obviously getting yourself delisted and then being picked up as a rookie by the wooden spooners is the ultimate marketing promotional tool.
Screenshot_20190201-180406.jpg

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’m not very with it. What exactly does a social media influencer do?

****ed if I know. As far as I can tell, it's essentially a method of monetising what are effectively popular high school kids. I think they get advertising and sponsorship dollars from some companies on the forlorn hope that their online social media followers care enough about what they think and have money of their own to go out and buy some protein shakes.

El Gringo

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Retiring 71 days after being drafted has got to be some kind of record. Goodwin’s culling process seems to upset a few supporters every year but the results can’t be questioned.

Pedantic

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
****** if I know. As far as I can tell, it's essentially a method of monetising what are effectively popular high school kids. I think they get advertising and sponsorship dollars from some companies on the forlorn hope that their online social media followers care enough about what they think and have money of their own to go out and buy some protein shakes.
According to a doco I watched the other day on the failed Fyre Festival (highly recommended btw), Kendal Jenner gets $250k per Instagram post.

Mates, she's making a heap of money by marketing and selling swimwear. What exactly is the issue? Her body, she can do what she wants. If people are impressionable enough to make their choices based off what they see on Instagram, then good for her. It's just modern-age entrepreneurship.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mates, she's making a heap of money by marketing and selling swimwear. What exactly is the issue? Her body, she can do what she wants. If people are impressionable enough to make their choices based off what they see on Instagram, then good for her. It's just modern-age entrepreneurship.

You could make the same argument for con men.

There's nothing particularly wrong with what she's doing, she's just an online mannequin. I doubt many people actually spend much money based on what any of these people say or do because they're most likely still in high school. What amazes me is that there's any money in this sort of thing at all. Hence the comment about most of these girls being high end prostitutes (go google Tag The Sponsor).

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
According to a doco I watched the other day on the failed Fyre Festival (highly recommended btw), Kendal Jenner gets $250k per Instagram post.

That's hopefully completely untrue. Any company forking out that kind of expense needs the board and management sacked immediately.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Everyone can do what they want but they aren't much more respectable than prostitutes.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Everyone can do what they want but they aren't much more respectable than prostitutes.

No, prostitutes are more respectable. At least that's an honest business transaction.

You could make the same argument for con men.

You couldn't though, could you? Its essentially guerilla advertising? Same thing we've seen on tv and billboards for years.

I don't really understand what respectable means in this context? The girl models swimwear which people see and think 'I want to wear that'. Or maybe the opposite. I don't particularly understand why prostitutes shouldn't be respected either? It's 2019. Rich city blokes work 16 hours a day, get upto their eyeballs in coke and feel like a shag afterwards. They call a prostitute, and she decides whether she'll sleep with him or not. Seems fairly transactional. He gets his rocks off, she pays her rent.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
haha wonder if that Watts video is from October or older surprises me how dumb these campaigners can be just doing it in the open. he probably could have grabbed her hand took her to the toilets railed her and the coke and no video out there showing off

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
haha wonder if that Watts video is from October or older surprises me how dumb these campaigners can be just doing it in the open. he probably could have grabbed her hand took her to the toilets railed her and the coke and no video out there showing off

What video?

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
OK, this will sound a bit crazy but hear me out.

I genuinely believe there are accounts managed by Chief and perhaps a few others on here that start threads on the MB PURELY to generate discussion and traffic. Accounts like Macpotato and VineyToClark NEVER post anywhere on their respective teams boards or other boards, they only start discussion threads on the MB.

The mods also don't punish idiotic posting on the MB because the people who do it normally post a s**t ton anyway so it'd take away from the traffic and less people will visit the thread.

tbh most board mods are very wary of treading on the main board.

As a mod i'd imagine keeping complete control over the main board would be near impossible, so they just let it go a bit. Which kinda allows, the lets say sillier posters to get away with starting s**t. I could think of nothing worse than modding the main board

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

I genuinely believe there are accounts managed by Chief and perhaps a few others on here that start threads on the MB PURELY to generate discussion and traffic. Accounts like Macpotato and VineyToClark NEVER post anywhere on their respective teams boards or other boards, they only start discussion threads on the MB.

The mods also don't punish idiotic posting on the MB because the people who do it normally post a s**t ton anyway so it'd take away from the traffic and less people will visit the thread.
It’s a circular problem though.

Forums set their own tone. Moderators don’t - if they try to everyone will leave. That’s pretty much how forums work. The discussion, and quality of discussion, is dictated by the majority of people who participate. If that majority want to spend the majority of their time posting terrible content endlessly then so be it. A moderator shouldn’t be taking it on themselves to redirect when the participants seem to be committed to exploring the sewer.

It hadn’t occurred to me that there might be MB sock accounts controlled by Chief. I seriously doubt it though. Certainly with those two. The topics would be a bit better or more varied. I think what’s happening is there are a few people out there who get a buzz from getting lots of alerts when someone posts in their thread. Hence the 300 who finishes higher threads. They are tedious, but if people still read them and post in them then which all powerful person has the right to tell them it’s wrong?

Macpotato trolls otherboards as well

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
see Robbie Gray and Wingard have pulled out of the mickey mouse match. wonder how many more will b4 game day.

If a guy can convince an old doddering person to give them some cash just by talking to them, then good for him.

And it's not really guerilla advertising at all.

"Guerrilla Marketing is an advertising strategy that focuses on low-cost unconventional marketing tactics that yield maximum results."

Giving Ariana Grande or whoever young girls idolize these days a heap of your swimsuits for free in the hope she'll wear one to the beach and take a snap of it would be guerrilla advertising. Paying some Instagram whore to do the same in the hope that a tiny (tiny!) percentage of her followers will buy a few swimsuits is likely just a poor investment. Giving the Instagram whores swimsuits for free would count, but then how are the Instagram --->whores<--- making money, I wonder?
Are you calling them 'whores' in the 'look at me, I want attention, followers and likes' way or that they are you are an immoral women of ill repute and deserve to be looked down on way?

No taco girl.

Back