Which clubs are really the big four of the AFL?

Which clubs are really the big four of the AFL?

• Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton & Richmond.

Votes: 261 72.5%
  • Sydney, Essendon, Crows & Collingwood.

Votes: 20 5.6%
  • Sydney, Essendon, Crows & West Coast.

Votes: 79 21.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

sounda

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
i wouldn’t expect anything less

Do you squabble with every poster? And that other guy AstuteTiger or whatever why are you guys so just plain disagreeable.

Talk about salty Tigers supporters who have not come to terms with not being in a GF that they thought would be a walk up start - then along came the Pies and nighty night for your lot. Still makes me smile.:tearsofjoy:

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Do you squabble with every poster? And that other guy AstuteTiger or whatever why are you guys so just plain disagreeable.

Talk about salty Tigers supporters who have not come to terms with not being in a GF that they thought would be a walk up start - then along came the Pies and nighty night for your lot. Still makes me smile.:tearsofjoy:
No I don’t however it is a footy forum that is a medium for banter , so I didn’t think it would be that novel

tony__montana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool

I dont know why opposition supporters keep saying this? I don't know one single tiger supporter that thought we would be a walk up start to the GF let alone certainties to go b2b last season. We all understand how hard it is to win a flag. Methinks it just makes for a better narrative(troll) for idiots like yourself to keep pushing this theory.

TheMissingLink

Debutant
Aug 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
I dont know why opposition supporters keep saying this? I don't know one single tiger supporter that thought we would be a walk up start to the GF let alone certainties to go b2b last season. We all understand how hard it is to win a flag. Methinks it just makes for a better narrative(troll) for idiots like yourself to keep pushing this theory.
Ha...you just reinforced his point.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone would think they win the flag every year , wonder whether he was still in stitches when the might of the WB knocked them off at home in 2016 final , bet he didn’t see that coming o_O

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
There were SO many post last season from richmond supporters about being unbeatable at their fortress the MCG (but before the start of the final series suddenly it held no advantage) alluding to them winning the GF, already having it sewn up before seasons end ect, you must have been living under a rock or not checking BF much at all.
The amount of times "It doesn't matter, the GF's at the MCG" was posted by your lot was incredible, it's a huge part of the dislike for richmond supporters.

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

You must be new to forums thats what its about debating, discussing topics etc, agreeing/not agreeing. I haven't seen you agree with tigers fans does that make you just wanting to argue, i say no as im sure you have your own thoughts, seriously what a ridiculous comment you made.

Salty lmao ive stated and guess u haven't gone through the pages tiges fans not upset we won the flag in 2017 and lost 2018 prelim that's footy win some/lose some. Dont assume what tiges fans are thinking as i can assure you we are not salty, now run along.

I actually don't think the poll options are correct. I would suggest the big 4 are - Richmond, WCE, Collingwood and Adelaide.

sounda

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone would think they win the flag every year , wonder whether he was still in stitches when the might of the WB knocked them off at home in 2016 final , bet he didn’t see that coming o_O

Well .... we don't win one every year but at least it's more often than one in 37 years!

4 flags in 26 years is a better average .... well some clubs I can think of!

You guys are now becoming old news and reaching back to 2016 - well ... yawn ... and yawn again!

Only one reigning Premier and it's not ............... well ....... we know who it's not!

Oh why it is that some posts here are "banter" and mine are the work of an "idiot troll"

Fair go please!

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Well .... we don't win one every year but at least it's more often than one in 37 years!

4 flags in 26 years is a better average .... well some clubs I can think of!

You guys are now becoming old news and reaching back to 2016 - well ... yawn ... and yawn again!

Only one reigning Premier and it's not ............... well ....... we know who it's not!

Oh why it is that some posts here are "banter" and mine are the work of an "idiot troll"

Fair go please!
We’ve won 11 in 110 years so stick that in ya pipe and smoke it , perhaps take your foot out of a ya big gob before posting next , or edit that last line above

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sounda

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
We’ve won 11 in 110 years so stick that in ya pipe and smoke it , perhaps take your foot out of a ya big gob before posting next , or edit that last line above

Salty, salty Richmond supporter. So, so sad.

Ok ... I will do this for this particular Tigers fan who seems to be suffering from dyscalculia!

:westcoast: 4 flags in 26 years = Average of one every 6.5 years

:richmond: 11 flags in 110 years (your figures) = Average of one in every 10 years

Almost twice as successful - flag wise.

Hmm ... what was that comment of yours about taking, "your foot out of ya big gob before posting next"

Outstanding advice and yet it seems more applicable to you than me at this time.

Perhaps, you're one of those tigers fans who only open their mouth to change feet! Maybe?

However I have made allowance for your ... how shall we say ... maths issue.:grin:

Premiers = :westcoast: Old news = :richmond: :neutral:

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

Ok ... I will do this for this particular Tigers fan who seems to be suffering from dyscalculia!

:richmond: 11 flags in 110 years (your figures) = Average of one in every 10 years

Hmm ... what was that comment of yours about taking, "your foot out of ya big gob before posting next"

Outstanding advice and yet it seems more applicable to you than me at this time.

Perhaps, you're one of those tigers fans who only open their mouth to change feet! Maybe?

However I have made allowance for your ... how shall we say ... maths issue.:grin:

Don’t use me to make you famous , take your mindless monotonous drivel to bay 13 where it belongs , at least you’ll be amongst friends there

sounda

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Don’t use me to make you famous , take your mindless monotonous drivel to bay 13 where it belongs , at least you’ll be amongst friends there

"Don’t use me to make you famous"

What??? Now that is one of the oddest things I have read in some time. Far too salty - more sugar needed over your way - I reckon!

Is this a footy discussion or a place where you measure your ego?

Make me famous - seriously?

Oh and you failed to mention the far, far better flag average - shall I do the maths with working out included?:D

tony__montana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
You must be new to forums thats what its about debating, discussing topics etc, agreeing/not agreeing. I haven't seen you agree with tigers fans does that make you just wanting to argue, i say no as im sure you have your own thoughts, seriously what a ridiculous comment you made.

Salty lmao ive stated and guess u haven't gone through the pages tiges fans not upset we won the flag in 2017 and lost 2018 prelim that's footy win some/lose some. Dont assume what tiges fans are thinking as i can assure you we are not salty, now run along.

100% - now if we hadnt of won 2017 absolutely I'd be salty af about last year, but we did so I felt exactly how you you mentioned - you win some/you lose some. Bring on 2019

It only took a year for the Richmond salt to return. lol.

Looks like some minnows are spoiling for an innerwebz fight.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

sounda

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast

Sheesh ... another turgid Tigers supporter.

Minnow???

So you are a ... what ... a whale maybe?

How do you determine what is a minnow?

What an very odd bunch of posters.

Maybe you've been here too long ... 'big dog':think:

Sheesh ... another turgid Tigers supporter.

Minnow???

So you are a ... what ... a whale maybe?

How do you determine what is a minnow?

What an very odd bunch of posters.

Maybe you've been here too long ... 'big dog':think:

^^^^^^^^^^^

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Ultimately I don't GAF who any supposed big 4 is. Assuming your side is financially viable long term, all that really matters is who is the #1 team at the time. i.e. the reigning premier.
As luck would have it, that side is currently West Coast. All else can bow down and kiss our feet. And whatever else they feel like while they're down there. :moustache:

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Carlton and Richmond definitely are, this is why we always get the Marquee Season Opener every season every year, despite Carlton being battlers for several years now.

Haters gonna hate, but them's the facts.

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Can someone tell me why Sydney and Adelaide are in this discussion/poll ?

Hawthorn and West Coast are the only two clubs traditionally not considered 'big four' that should be considered on this list imo

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Carlton and Richmond definitely are, this is why we always get the Marquee Season Opener every season every year, despite Carlton being battlers for several years now.

Haters gonna hate, but them's the facts.
For the past 15 years, Carlton wouldn't be in the 'Big 8'.

First bracket: Collingwood, Adelaide, West Coast
Second bracket: Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond, Essendon, Sydney.

The rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back