Analysis UP THE CHINA RABBIT-HOLE - The TV Docudrama Series (Update)

Tredz

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2011
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
LR has been and continues to be a loyal and dedicated volunteer and supporter of the PAFC and we appreciate his passion, expertise and efforts. As cathartic for him as it may be, I do however feel he is making a serious error in judgement in posting this expose' on a public forum.

med_1483914638_00032.jpg

Sleezy

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I too am uncomfortable.

However.

Dirty laundry is better aired than buried, problems better identified and solved than ignored.

I'm a big believer in the importance of whistleblowers. The onus is on them, however, to be certain of their footing, and their motivation.

If LR is confident that this thread is a call to action to those is in a position to effect change, and not a swipe at those that shut him out, then rage on.

There’s a lot of pettiness but it seems to be coming the other way imo

LR yet again proving why the club was right to do what they did imo. Should have done it sooner

Is it just me or are these stories always full of not-so-subtle 'how dare David Koch not listen to ME!' overtones?

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way—in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only"

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Something bout a scorned lover...

Whilst im intrigued, i just want it noted that im incredibly uncomfortable with this thread and the inevitable airing of soiled laundry.
I too am concerned that in the current media climate where local journos are looking for ways to sabotage our club, comments here might be offering our heads up on a plate.

I agree with Macca and Ford. Intriguing and we'll probably all learn something but I am concerned about the damage this could cause to the club as well as this board's ability to engage with club officials.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I too am uncomfortable.

However.

Dirty laundry is better aired than buried, problems better identified and solved than ignored.

I'm a big believer in the importance of whistleblowers. The onus is on them, however, to be certain of their footing, and their motivation.

If LR is confident that this thread is a call to action to those is in a position to effect change, and not a swipe at those that shut him out, then rage on.

This is very well said and pretty much how I feel about it all too. I also hope this thread doesn’t degenerate into ad hom attacks more than it already has (towards Figbootians and Club staff inclusive).

Last edited:
I agree with Macca and Ford. Intriguing and we'll probably all learn something but I am concerned about the damage this could cause to the club as well as this board's ability to engage with club officials.

It's the board's ability to engage with club officials that is the reason for the thread, IMO. Remember, it was LR's first post like this that got him kicked off of the China Advisory Board.

If you read through Denis' posts, he talks about how there is still a dance going on between the club and the State Owned Enterprise...but I'm guessing he was cut out of the loop back in mid-January...which is why he made his initial 'kick up the bum' post about the board later in the year.

I think he wants back in to the fold because at the moment he's trying as best he can to help with negotiations, but you can only do so much as a 'defrocked' advisory board member, which is what the purpose of this thread is all about. If he truly wants Port Adelaide to be a world leader and Champions of Australia, then there's no way these can be petty posts. That being said...I'm not a big fan of blackmail, so it must be desperate times.

I think he wants back in to the fold because at the moment he's trying as best he can to help with negotiations, but you can only do so much as a 'defrocked' advisory board member, which is what the purpose of this thread is all about.

Anyone who thinks shitspouting on a public forum is a way “back into the fold” has got rocks in their head.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
I support lR in disclosing issues of concern for the Club and we supporters, and would dearly love inside info.
Itbis "must read" stuff!
And he is unequivocally as passionate and committed a supporter the club could have over there, one who do an insurmountable amount of good.
However, as some have suggested, perhaps not in a public forum, where media numbnuts can pick it out, and use it for their own agendas.
For those of us interested, maybe we can each respond direct to LR for a private copy of the dissertation?

Back