The Title Race

Who do you want to win the league/who do you think will win the league?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll be singing about the slip forever i guess, part of our folklore now.

Its not that offensive is it?

Not at all, it’s actually a clever chant, just a bit weird it gets sung so often. I can’t imagine singing about John Terry or Danny Tiatto every week, too many songs about our own players to get through first - each to their own I guess!

Not at all, it’s actually a clever chant, just a bit weird it gets sung so often. I can’t imagine singing about John Terry or Danny Tiatto every week, too many songs about our own players to get through first - each to their own I guess!
Yeah its all a bit of fun and not offensive. Each to their own i guess.

If United fans wanted to sing about Terry slipping over it wouldnt offend me.

Nothing weird at all and maybe some need a bit thicker skin.

Last edited:

Never a bad time to celebrate one of footballs great moments imo.

Apparently United fans sing it at times too.

Steve Gerrard, Gerrard. He slipped on his f*cking a*se. He gave it to Demba Ba. Steve Gerrard, Gerrard.”

Seems pretty light hearted bantz, hardly anything too upsetting.

Apparently United fans sing it at times too.

Steve Gerrard, Gerrard. He slipped on his f*cking a*se. He gave it to Demba Ba. Steve Gerrard, Gerrard.”

Seems pretty light hearted bantz, hardly anything too upsetting.
we sing a similar song about John Terry slipping ;)

Yeah i know, but im not going to sook about it. Its all a bit of fun.
Pool fans are just triggered because they tuned into our match hoping we would help them in the title race, but we did the complete opposite. We boosted City’s goal difference, gave them confidence moving forward and started trolling Slippy G.

We'll be singing about the slip forever i guess, part of our folklore now.

Its not that offensive is it?
I'll never understand it though. If Chelsea had gone on to win the league because of the slip. That's folklore stuff. But the slip didnt change your season at all. So I just never get it. Like sing about your team and support your team. Why sing about a rivals legendary player? It's weird.

I'll never understand it though. If Chelsea had gone on to win the league because of the slip. That's folklore stuff. But the slip didnt change your season at all. So I just never get it. Like sing about your team and support your team. Why sing about a rivals legendary player? It's weird.
Because its funny. Seems some are a bit precious, its not sexist or homophobic or racist its just a bit of fun about something that happened in a Chelsea game that'll be remembered forever.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because its funny. Seems some are a bit precious, its not sexist or homophobic or racist its just a bit of fun about something that happened in a Chelsea game that'll be remembered forever.
And that's fine. Sing away, I just find it strange. It didnt impact Chelsea's season at all. I think maybe Chelsea just hate us a bit more than we hate them.

And that's fine. Sing away, I just find it strange. It didnt impact Chelsea's season at all. I think maybe Chelsea just hate us a bit more than we hate them.

Its nothing to do with hate, its a funny song.

You know you can laugh at yourself and it wont kill you.

This kind of reaction is exactly why it's sung.

A few things contribute to its legacy:

- From memory at the stage we had a very minute chance of winning the league with that win. We ****ed it the next game though lol.

- Us and pool had a pretty heated rivalry for a few years then

- Some supporters consider it a bit of karma for the Gerrard transfer fiasco

- It was a historic moment in EPL history that we were a part of

- It still ticks Liverpool supporters off

- It's bloody funny.

Last edited:
But I often wonder where we would be now if we had won the league then. Rodgers would have had way more tickets in the bank and probably wouldnt have gotten sacked and we would never have gotten Klopp.

So what? We would have been champions. It's not like we've won anything since anyway.

Football supporters can get a bit precious about what you can and can't sing.

The Gerrard song is a good laugh, and if you can't have a laugh at the football what's the point?

Been to a Liverpool game mate? Your fans sing about other players and clubs....

So what? We would have been champions. It's not like we've won anything since anyway.
Yeah champions once. Then what happens after that. We'd been mediocre for years. Out of the CL for years. Klopp hasnt gotten us eating at Europe's top table again, challenging on all fronts. It's definitely a sliding doors moment. Had we won the league, Rodgers has more tickets in the bank and its more Benteke's, Borini's and Joe Allens.

Instead it's heavy metal football, VVD's, Salah's and Fabinho's!

So looking back I was gutted we didnt win the league, particularly for Gerrard but fast forwarding to now, it's probably done us good. But of course Klopp must bring us silverware now. But that's the next step.

Been to a Liverpool game mate? Your fans sing about other players and clubs....
They always f***en sing about us lol. Drogba, Cole, Torres, Mourinho, Costa, Lampard, rent boys, our history (or lack of), etc.

In fact, here’s a John Terry chant where they take the piss out of him slipping in a match that had absolutely nothing to do with them...

It’s only weird when Chelsea fans do it though lol.

Pool fans are just triggered because they tuned into our match hoping we would help them in the title race, but we did the complete opposite. We boosted City’s goal difference, gave them confidence moving forward and started trolling Slippy G.
I can’t believe that you’re celebrating the fact that your side was violated worse then Huddersfield would have been. That’s twice in less than a month. Enjoy the relegation battle next season.

Back