Media WIGMEDIA: Editorial - Gumbies Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
The bickering at the Gumbies has to stop. Either unite, or one of the 2 must go.

We are on the eve of a new season, with match threads well underway. Most teams, and people, seem pretty fired up and the match thread are going OK. But tonight, erstwhile Gumbie Uncle_Leo dropped a bomb on his club the eve of their first match. Fair to say the discussion since has been rugged. Wigmedia has some opinions on the situation and has decided to canvas the wider community not dragged into the shitfight.

BRAB is a polarising figure, and no doubt is finding the start of ""The Age of BRAB" a bit tough. But lets step back and take a breath.

- BRAB says he sent 50 PM's (one to yours truly) and got 50 knock backs. This is a tough place to start. Not recruiting a recognised figure means resuscitating a struggling list, plus relying on incoming rookies. Dingster has done a superb job of finding rookies for the Gumbies amongst others. He also did this last year.

- We haven't played a game. That's right, not a one. How about we step back and see what it looks like in 4-6 weeks time? Maybe then we will get a truer picture of where they are at.

- The Team PM. This was indeed a rabble until very late. BRAB must accept that this sort of tardiness doesn't help the look from outside that the place is held together by cardboard and stickytape. He should have done better.

- Boot on other foot. Uncle Leo has handled his complaint extremely poorly, whether it has foundation or not. Take it to the LG PM. Punch it out in there, and if not resolved, THEN go public. Again, from the outside looking in, it's a s**t look.

- There are bones there. Much like when I moved to the Wonders, things, I don't think, are quite as bad as they seem. BRAB, as a poster, is elite, clearly. Jivlain, DERO, R2M, Morning Fog. Also if Fryer Tuck and StFly reappeared it would help. It's not a complete basket case. The core must stick together and agree on common themes. They only need one or two of the rookies to fire and one or two recruits next year and they will be fine.

- They do have an image problem. This is not up for discussion. This has been the millstone around the neck of the club for seasons now. The only way out is for the current core to stay completely together, and for 2-3 BIG NAME recruits to move across. We're talking JWS type names. They must be big. Must.

This media organisation calls for Uncle_Leo to unite or leave.

BRAB MUST be given a chance to make this work. He is a different level to Quivorir and Golumless, and must be given the time and the resources to make a go of it.

Wig Out

BRAB needs to go to his Professors and ask for an extension in his Advanced Nuclear Physics classes, and his other dozen or so Degrees he is studying, so he can devote his time fully to the Gumbies.

The Academic world will need to survive on their own for a while.

BRAB needs to go to his Professors and ask for an extension in his Advanced Nuclear Physics classes, and his other dozen or so Degrees he is studying, so he can devote his time fully to the Gumbies.

The Academic world will need to survive on their own for a while.

Sorry fellas looks like I'll have to hold off on the cure for all disease so I can get my SFA club up and running

The bickering at the Gumbies has to stop. Either unite, or one of the 2 must go.

We are on the eve of a new season, with match threads well underway. Most teams, and people, seem pretty fired up and the match thread are going OK. But tonight, erstwhile Gumbie Uncle_Leo dropped a bomb on his club the eve of their first match. Fair to say the discussion since has been rugged. Wigmedia has some opinions on the situation and has decided to canvas the wider community not dragged into the shitfight.

BRAB is a polarising figure, and no doubt is finding the start of ""The Age of BRAB" a bit tough. But lets step back and take a breath.

- BRAB says he sent 50 PM's (one to yours truly) and got 50 knock backs. This is a tough place to start. Not recruiting a recognised figure means resuscitating a struggling list, plus relying on incoming rookies. Dingster has done a superb job of finding rookies for the Gumbies amongst others. He also did this last year.

- We haven't played a game. That's right, not a one. How about we step back and see what it looks like in 4-6 weeks time? Maybe then we will get a truer picture of where they are at.

- The Team PM. This was indeed a rabble until very late. BRAB must accept that this sort of tardiness doesn't help the look from outside that the place is held together by cardboard and stickytape. He should have done better.

- Boot on other foot. Uncle Leo has handled his complaint extremely poorly, whether it has foundation or not. Take it to the LG PM. Punch it out in there, and if not resolved, THEN go public. Again, from the outside looking in, it's a s**t look.

- There are bones there. Much like when I moved to the Wonders, things, I don't think, are quite as bad as they seem. BRAB, as a poster, is elite, clearly. Jivlain, DERO, R2M, Morning Fog. Also if Fryer Tuck and StFly reappeared it would help. It's not a complete basket case. The core must stick together and agree on common themes. They only need one or two of the rookies to fire and one or two recruits next year and they will be fine.

- They do have an image problem. This is not up for discussion. This has been the millstone around the neck of the club for seasons now. The only way out is for the current core to stay completely together, and for 2-3 BIG NAME recruits to move across. We're talking JWS type names. They must be big. Must.

This media organisation calls for Uncle_Leo to unite or leave.

BRAB MUST be given a chance to make this work. He is a different level to Quivorir and Golumless, and must be given the time and the resources to make a go of it.

Wig Out

You know that it was a fake argument don't you?

BRAB is drama. Drama is BRAB. His schtick.

Do you not think spookism that the fake catfight and discussion generated is good for the Gumbies? They're in the papers for the first time in forever.

The who?
Nobody buys the paper anymore old man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet you sit and read them during family gatherings then yell at young people for being on their phone ya hypocrite.

I don't mind reading it from time to time, I'm even about to right now, but they're so impractical for getting your daily news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back