Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Also this notion that Filoni is some sort of God who should get a say in everything is also dumb. The minute he does something people don't agree with they'll foam at the mouth to get rid of him.

And that’s the problem Disney didn’t care about the fans all they cared about is how quickly they can make thier money back.
The two aren’t incompatible. Good films bring in fans and money:win-win. But it’s not the hardcore fans that make billion-dollar movies, it’s the casual ones. Hardcore Star Wars fans were never ‘worth’ $4b, it was the appeal of the property to casual fans. Hardcore fans don’t accept this, they think movies should be made just for them.

The two aren’t incompatible. Good films bring in fans and money:win-win. But it’s not the hardcore fans that make billion-dollar movies, it’s the casual ones. Hardcore Star Wars fans were never ‘worth’ $4b, it was the appeal of the property to casual fans. Hardcore fans don’t accept this, they think movies should be made just for them.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Fans of star wars, whether hard core or casual, are the ones who see the movie multiple times, by toys, buy the dvd's etc. Given the popularity of star wars, i'd say a fair portion of the world are "fans" of one kind or another. "hard core" fans may see it 9 times and buy every toy, but the amount of "casual fans" who see the movie once or twice more than balance our the "hard cores".

Despite what you think, the failure of Star Wars and the underperformance of TLJ is evidence that the fans (as a whole) have enough of an understanding of the lore to turn their noses up at the crap dished up by Disney to appeal to RJ's ego or some Californian blogger.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Fans of star wars, whether hard core or casual, are the ones who see the movie multiple times, by toys, buy the dvd's etc. Given the popularity of star wars, i'd say a fair portion of the world are "fans" of one kind or another. "hard core" fans may see it 9 times and buy every toy, but the amount of "casual fans" who see the movie once or twice more than balance our the "hard cores".

Despite what you think, the failure of Star Wars and the underperformance of TLJ is evidence that the fans (as a whole) have enough of an understanding of the lore to turn their noses up at the crap dished up by Disney to appeal to RJ's ego or some Californian blogger.
You say I’m wrong and then essentially agree with me. The hardcore fans make up a small proportion of the overall fan base, they kept it alive between the OT and PT. But it’s the everyday filmgoer that will be the difference between success and failure. Most hardcore Star Wars fans went to see Solo and look what happened. The regular public weren’t interested. Not because of TLJ, not because of lore, because a Solo prequel didn’t appeal.

You say I’m wrong and then essentially agree with me. The hardcore fans make up a small proportion of the overall fan base, they kept it alive between the OT and PT. But it’s the everyday filmgoer that will be the difference between success and failure. Most hardcore Star Wars fans went to see Solo and look what happened. The regular public weren’t interested. Not because of TLJ, not because of lore, because a Solo prequel didn’t appeal.

I think he's suggesting that the hard cores are just as much an influence as the casuals, while you suggest the casuals out-weigh them. While the hard core fans saw Solo, they didn't see it multiple times.

I think he's suggesting that the hard cores are just as much an influence as the casuals, while you suggest the casuals out-weigh them. While the hard core fans saw Solo, they didn't see it multiple times.
I was thrown by his comment that casual fans ‘more than balance out’ hardcore fans, which is essentially what I was saying. People seeing a flick multiple times can shift the dial a little, but we’d be talking $100m here or there. Billion dollar movies are built on casual movie fans coming out in force to see a film in those opening weeks.

I was thrown by his comment that casual fans ‘more than balance out’ hardcore fans, which is essentially what I was saying. People seeing a flick multiple times can shift the dial a little, but we’d be talking $100m here or there. Billion dollar movies are built on casual movie fans coming out in force to see a film in those opening weeks.

Going to agree to disagree since it can't be proven but I would think hardcore fans contribute a lot more money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

speculation Evandor Snoke might still be alive in Ep9.

- The Force Bond between Kylo and Rey was still active long after Snoke had apparently been killed
- There are more Force Bonds between Kylo and Rey
- Rey fights Kylo during the second act of Ep9, in a jungle world, whilst the KoR pillage a Rebel base, and Snoke's voice comes to Rey, encouraging her to kill Kylo, like what happened in TFA novelization, and she succumbs into the dark side, whereas Luke in ROTJ pulled out of it.
- Speculation "Avril" could be the real Snoke, as he is described as someone like Snoke -- humanoid, really old, seen everything -- and so Snoke could be like a dummy or body-double and the real Snoke is actually the embodiment of Avril.
- Avril and Kylo fight a lot in acts 2 and 3 of Ep9....apparently.

- Speculation "Avril" could be the real Snoke, as he is described as someone like Snoke -- humanoid, really old, seen everything -- and so Snoke could be like a dummy or body-double and the real Snoke is actually the embodiment of Avril.

Not a Jedi and not a Sith. More like a sk8terboi?

Had a dream that the actual Beatles turn up in a future star wars movie, as in, they look like late 60's era and have half space suits and half normal attire. Anyway, their instruments are lasers and have force powers. Seems weird, but it looked cool as F. Paul and John look cool as you can imagine.

I don't know if this was just genius CGI, but it was an interesting concept, maybe for a spinoff.

Chewie was still kicking around.

Anyway that's enough internet for me for the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back