Game Day Port Adelaide FC 2019 Intra-Club

Who will crush their enemies, see them driven before them and hear the lamentation of the women?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

had a pretty cheap hit off the ball on an unsuspecting marshall forcing him from the field with a sore shoulder. im all for that against opposition but in a internal trial thats pretty poor
100%
Thought I was on my Pat Malone with my post but seriously pile driving a rookie from behind and then shoving his head in the dirt.
When I saw the Marshall incident I didn't see who clipped him just saw him reach for his shoulder then take himself off.
Glad he came back on and saw the game out.
Voss said that Todd hasn't missed a session so every reason to think he could be huge for us this year.
Big thumbs up for Ebo thought he done good today.

Oh.... Really liked the look of Joel Garner too. Good overhead, reliable kick, and boy he has a strong physique for such a young age.
Patmore too. Sheesh Drew caught my eye with some baulking up he'll be a bewdie.
Rozee and Burton obviously played better than I gave them credit for.
My only defence was taking my eye off the play to check the team sheet so often. Lotta new players out there.

Haven't seen much of Atley lately but that performance from Drew pretty much swaps them in the priority order. Very impressive game. He's big and full of energy.
When we drafted him he'd been playing a lot of local league Western Vic footy against grown men.
He doesn't shy away from contact and hunts the ball. Pretty sure he's leap frogged a few players today.
192cm mid is a good asset.

The club is very bullish on both Drew and Atley. Everyone at the club loves Jo, he just needs a break with injuries. The coaches can't wait to see what Willem can do. Both will be a large part of our long term future.

You train how you play and if half our squad had TJ’s ferocious attitude and competitive spirit we’d be a much better side. Nothing wrong with his actions imo

That attitude is why he gets suspended for the stupidest of decisions. Because he doesn’t know when to draw the line.

That attitude is why he gets suspended for the stupidest of decisions. Because he doesn’t know when to draw the line.

I disagree. That was match simulation and it’s clear TJ was told “make the kids earn and let’s see how they react”. ****ing good on him. They reckon Port Adelaide Intra club games and competitive training sessions were harder than actual games against opposition in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. Have a chat to Geof Motley next time you see him.

I disagree. That was match simulation and it’s clear TJ was told “make the kids earn and let’s see how they react”. ****ing good on him. They reckon Port Adelaide Intra club games and competitive training sessions were harder than actual games against opposition in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. Have a chat to Geof Motley next time you see him.

Making them earn it, that’s cool. Go as hard as you like. Not complaining about that.

Pushing their head into the ground afterward...just unnecessary. That’s not competitive, that’s being a bully. No one in the AFL is going to do that. Jonas was on the team that was getting flogged, so maybe he should have stopped trying to be a hard campaigner and started showing some real leadership by getting his side moving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Making them earn it, that’s cool. Go as hard as you like. Not complaining about that.

Pushing their head into the ground afterward...just unnecessary. That’s not competitive, that’s being a bully. No one in the AFL is going to do that. Jonas was on the team that was getting flogged, so maybe he should have stopped trying to be a hard campaigner and started showing some real leadership by getting his side moving.

We want a tougher side.

I’m all for Tom toughening them up by any means necessary. Did the young bloke tear up or go off injured? It didn’t and won’t hurt him.

How did Woodcock go in the trial?

I'm sure there was very little in it.

We want a tougher side.

I’m all for Tom toughening them up by any means necessary. Did the young bloke tear up or go off injured? It didn’t and won’t hurt him.

Meanwhile Jonas catches Luke Schoey dead to rights holding the ball and does the same thing and gives away a free kick for head high contact because the umpire is a campaigner.

It’s not tough, it’s just dumb.

Meanwhile Jonas catches Luke Schoey dead to rights holding the ball and does the same thing and gives away a free kick for head high contact because the umpire is a campaigner.

It’s not tough, it’s just dumb.

Agree to disagree.

I would bet money TJ was acting under instruction.

We want a tougher side.

I wasn’t there so was it pretty much an old school ‘welcome to Port Adelaide?’

If so, and assuming no injuries involved, I like it and is the reason why I personally want TJ as sole captain.

Thanks for all the reports. Its great to have some footy back. A revitalised spp is massive for the club and great for sam. A fit rocky is another huge plus. No injuries. More attacking. Some kids to debut this year. Hopefully its going to be a fun season. I noted no love for cam hewett. Someone at the club must rate him?

Barely noticed the new rules. The kick-in after a point scored was seamless and when teams get inventive
on how to best use it there will be some interesting set plays built around it.

The 6-6-6 set up is really only relevant for the centre bounce. Players are lining up on the 50m arcs and in the mix
around the ball within seconds. For it to have the most effect on reducing congestion the ball players
need to be quick and clean with their disposal.

No BS around players nominating to ruck made for less time wasted so big tick there.

The 50m penalty allowing the player to immediately run/sprint to take their kick up the ground
also saves a fair bit of time and doesn't allow defences to set up/clog up play ahead of the ball.

Maybe it was just me but sheesh the umpires yesterday especially in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs were over the top.
Let the players play ffs. When a player has been infringed and HIS teammates have the ball call play on.
The idea is to keep the game moving so whistle blowers need to stay out of the flow
as much as possible.

Back