Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a dream that the actual Beatles turn up in a future star wars movie, as in, they look like late 60's era and have half space suits and half normal attire. Anyway, their instruments are lasers and have force powers. Seems weird, but it looked cool as F. Paul and John look cool as you can imagine.

I don't know if this was just genius CGI, but it was an interesting concept, maybe for a spinoff.

Chewie was still kicking around.

Anyway that's enough internet for me for the day.
still better than TLJ

That image is great, could have so many captions.

The photo was perhaps taken on day one of filming: “thank **** RJ isn’t coming back!”
I guess, if you ignore the fact that all the actors, directors and production staff have nothing but good things to say about Rian Johson. But yes, that photo caption would be entirely appropriate for a bit of online whingeing.

I guess, if you ignore the fact that all the actors, directors and production staff have nothing but good things to say about Rian Johson. But yes, that photo caption would be entirely appropriate for a bit of online whingeing.
they always say good things at the tine, but you saw the discontent surface during all the months long interviews.

basic PR to keep things civil and thankful

You do realise they’re towing the Disney company line right? And I think you meant to say most of, not all of. Because the only one who was honest/brave enough to speak truthfully was Mark Hamill, who was eventually silenced behind the scenes.

You do realise they’re towing the Disney company line right? And I think you meant to say most of, not all of. Because the only one who was honest/brave enough to speak truthfully was Mark Hamill, who was eventually silenced behind the scenes.
I do love these crazy conspiracy theories :shoutyoldman:

The only person who had anything remotely negative to say about anything (not Johnson and not the finished film) was Hamill. His comments putting his concerns into context don't seem unbelievable, but it's certainly possible the hard word was put on him to tone it down. However, if you believe that Ridley, Boyega etc secretly hate RJ and the film, fine, but that is entirely made up with no basis in fact.

Last edited:
I do love these crazy conspiracy theories :shoutyoldman:

The only person who had anything remotely negative to say about anything (not Johnson and not the finished film) was Hamill. His comments putting his concerns into context don't seem unbelievable, but it's certainly possible the hard word was put on him to tone it down. However, if you believe that Ridley, Boyega etc secretly hate RJ and the film, fine, but that is entirely made up with no basis in fact.

Conspiracy theories? Classic stuff :D

Way to over analyse buddy. I’d be leaning towards Boyega being the most relieved RJ has gone, given he reduced Finn to a Shia Lebouf parody in TLJ. Hopefully he’s given something decent to work with in Episode 9.

And no, it’s not a conspiracy theory to suggest most actors/staff would tow the company line. Especially a behemoth like Disney.

“Taking it one week at a time” cliches must really excite you when watching footy players give interviews :D

Conspiracy theories? Classic stuff :D

Way to over analyse buddy. I’d be leaning towards Boyega being the most relieved RJ has gone, given he reduced Finn to a Shia Lebouf parody in TLJ. Hopefully he’s given something decent to work with in Episode 9.

And no, it’s not a conspiracy theory to suggest most actors/staff would tow the company line. Especially a behemoth like Disney.

“Taking it one week at a time” cliches must really excite you when watching footy players give interviews :D
Again, you’re entitled to your opinion, but you have no evidence to back it up, nothing from Boyega or Isaac or Ridley to suggest they don’t like RJ or the film. So, yes, you’re engaging in assumptions and conspiracy theories.

In fact, Boyega waded right in alongside RJ to criticise the fools who made their fan edit without women without any need to do so, so what little evidence there is suggests he is perfectly comfortable with RJ and TLJ.

daisy ridley also had so.e negative things to say
I think you may be projecting here. I certainly can’t find what you’re alluding to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, you’re entitled to your opinion, but you have no evidence to back it up, nothing from Boyega or Isaac or Ridley to suggest they don’t like RJ or the film. So, yes, you’re engaging in assumptions and conspiracy theories.

In fact, Boyega waded right in alongside RJ to criticise the fools who made their fan edit without women without any need to do so, so what little evidence there is suggests he is perfectly comfortable with RJ and TLJ.

I think you may be projecting here. I certainly can’t find what you’re alluding to.
There were reports of Daisy (and Oscar Isaac btw) complaining about the script, what RJ had in line for the characters. Then later Daisy talked about how RJ completely ignored JJ's three-part story treatment for the ST. And also how she cried when she read Treverrow's script.

You have to read a little between the lines to understand what that all actually means. Given everyone pays lips service to big movie studios, their employers, have to toe the line, and promote movies.

There were reports of Daisy (and Oscar Isaac btw) complaining about the script, what RJ had in line for the characters. Then later Daisy talked about how RJ completely ignored JJ's three-part story treatment for the ST. And also how she cried when she read Treverrow's script.

You have to read a little between the lines to understand what that all actually means. Given everyone pays lips service to big movie studios, their employers, have to toe the line, and promote movies.
My issue is the ‘reports’ have never been substantiated and it’s all ‘reading between the lines’. People who dislike the film have been pointing to anything and everything and saying, ‘see they hate it too’. Ridley saying RJ discarded JJ’s outline and wrote his own film is a statement of fact, not evidence she hates the film.

My issue is the ‘reports’ have never been substantiated and it’s all ‘reading between the lines’. People who dislike the film have been pointing to anything and everything and saying, ‘see they hate it too’. Ridley saying RJ discarded JJ’s outline and wrote his own film is a statement of fact, not evidence she hates the film.

Sure, reading between the lines is about the most you're going to get tho. Noticed that Treverrow and the Solo original directors, and other scriptwriters fired ever speaking out? They're all professionals, and understand the do's and dont's. Btw, Ron Howard also rubbished TLJ with that famous tweet he sent to Rian Johnson -- literally called TLJ a piece a crap. Literally.

Anyway, Ridley's "statement of fact" insinuates discontent, because otherwise she wouldn't have mentioned it. This was in among all the backlash of TLJ. Even RJ himself tried to deflect some blame to KK -- pointing out how the Leia in space scene was all KK's pushing. There's clearly a bunch of stuff about TLJ that has irked fans and caused those involved to TRY or to actually speak out against it.

I need no evidence from either of them, or anyone for that matter. It was a caption joke initially. Way to over analyse.

Amazing how this post gets disected to this level, however you can easily gloss over the mind boggling flaws of TLJ :D

And by the way, I think Lucasfilm has a bridge they want to sell you.

Yeah sure. Rian directed the movie. But who seems to escape the blame are the overseers and producers in the Disneywaffe.
Im sure Rian told them a slew of buzzwords like."ive got a bigger vision of where to take the old characters and the new ones"...and...
"Ill take the universe into a new direction" "theres a lot of money to be made but we have to keep star wars modern and relevant"
"Trust me. Im rian. "
This stinker only got release cos of Rian's pr talk vision to disney.
Completely change direction and basically ignore anything set up In TFA.
Knights of Ren are approaching the top tier on the podium to be the biggest macguffins ever.
Good continuity. Bravo

Sure, reading between the lines is about the most you're going to get tho. Noticed that Treverrow and the Solo original directors, and other scriptwriters fired ever speaking out? They're all professionals, and understand the do's and dont's. Btw, Ron Howard also rubbished TLJ with that famous tweet he sent to Rian Johnson -- literally called TLJ a piece a crap. Literally.

Anyway, Ridley's "statement of fact" insinuates discontent, because otherwise she wouldn't have mentioned it. This was in among all the backlash of TLJ. Even RJ himself tried to deflect some blame to KK -- pointing out how the Leia in space scene was all KK's pushing. There's clearly a bunch of stuff about TLJ that has irked fans and caused those involved to TRY or to actually speak out against it.
Care to direct me to the tweet where Ron Howard calls TLJ a piece of crap? I’ve never seen it.

You guys need to make peace with this film. There’s an article about how 2018 was the year Star Wars fans ruined Star Wars. Worth a read. Fans are trying to sabotage films, abuse actors and directors, and really just embarrass other fans. You really don’t want to throw in with that group.

Care to direct me to the tweet where Ron Howard calls TLJ a piece of crap? I’ve never seen it.

You guys need to make peace with this film. There’s an article about how 2018 was the year Star Wars fans ruined Star Wars. ...

Of course there is.

Like people never lived through '99, '02, and '05.

But have a cry because people didn't like a movie in the millennial era and its purely inhumane. Utterly unfathomable behaviour.

Sent from mTalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back