Winter 2018 Winter Olympics - PyeongChang [9 Feb - 25 Feb]

Remove this Banner Ad

Just rocked back from SK eariler and man, it was awesome.

Saw the 2 women bobsleigh, the Ice Hockey semis and QF (Both German matches), the Alpine Skiing where Lindsey Vonn stuffed up, the Bialthon which was aweosme, Snowboarding one of the last events.

Wished I could have gone to Figure skating and stuff.

My issue was that the trains in Seoul ended at 12:40, 1 am, so you had to taxi it since we stayed not close to Seoul Station. The Rail pass was a god send though.

So keen to go to Beijing.

Apparently I'm an honorary Norsk and German.

Just rocked back from SK eariler and man, it was awesome.

Saw the 2 women bobsleigh, the Ice Hockey semis and QF (Both German matches), the Alpine Skiing where Lindsey Vonn stuffed up, the Bialthon which was aweosme, Snowboarding one of the last events.

Wished I could have gone to Figure skating and stuff.

My issue was that the trains in Seoul ended at 12:40, 1 am, so you had to taxi it since we stayed not close to Seoul Station. The Rail pass was a god send though.

So keen to go to Beijing.

Apparently I'm an honorary Norsk and German.

Lucky bastard, bet the atmosphere was great.

And don't stress, I'm pretty sure Channel 7 are still showing replays of the figure skating.

Figure Skating. I really enjoyed it, to the point of making sure I follow it a bit more in the future. Might watch the worlds next month
One of the Russian girls (I can barely tell them apart when they aren't spinning) is in the middle of a routine right now on SBS if you're interested

EDIT: Turns out it is Zagitova, who the commentator just called "a very attractive young lady". IIRC, she's 15 :oops:

Just had this pop up in my recommended Youtube videos and I immediately thought of Drummond (because of his obsession with the sport) and that someone had asked how biathlon became a thing. Turns out my made up scenario of settling a pub argument was way off the mark...

Mate thanks for posting that! Loved it, how interesting!

Speaking of Finland, there's biathlon going on there at the moment. Shipulin won the sprint, Fourcade was due to race but pulled out.

I'd like to see some of the Paralympics on TV
Its on after about 11pm on 7Two and then 7. It was on a bit earlier than that around 9.30pm the first few days on 7Two.

I watched a bit Saturday morning - some down hill skiing. This is from Saturday 10th. No live coverage unless an Aussie is on in the morning when they have their scheduled package.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/03/winter-paralympics-2018-guide.html
Seven’s coverage of the PyeongChang Winter Paralympics begins today at 11am on 7mate. Australia will compete in alpine skiing and snowboarding events.

A one hour highlights package airs daily at 11am on 7mate, with replays at 11:30pm on 7TWO and late nights on Seven each day. There are no Seven commentators attached to this. 7plus will also stream the package. Events continue until March 18.

A one hour highlights package airs daily at 11am on 7mate, with replays at 11:30pm on 7TWO and late nights on Seven each day.
Which (either weirdly or completely expectedly depending on your opinion of Channel 7) includes interviews with family members

I saw a bit of the highlights of the Women's sitting Downhill event - they showed the top 3 competitors (of a total of less than 10) and then showed the Aussie crossing the line even though she got a DNF, followed by an interview with her family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back