A-League Round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long period of sucking + salary cap breaches has burnt bridges with a crowd that is already indifferent to soccer IMHO

that said, the active supporters area is always buzzing and I never really notice the sucky crowds :)

I guess I just miss Perth and the big crowds from back in the old NSL days.
It always gave me hope and envy back than that one day clubs from Melbourne and Sydney could attract that sort of support. Here we are twenty years later and it’s the opposite.

I guess I just miss Perth and the big crowds from back in the old NSL days.
It always gave me hope and envy back than that one day clubs from Melbourne and Sydney could attract that sort of support. Here we are twenty years later and it’s the opposite.

those NSL days are a long way from returning.

Maybe I just sound bitter, but I think the 2012 GF killed any hope of widespread support in Perth for a while

those NSL days are a long way from returning.

Maybe I just sound bitter, but I think the 2012 GF killed any hope of widespread support in Perth for a while

Interesting... how so? In the way the match was lost with the Berisha Penalty? Or the heartache of another painful Grand Final loss?

Bullshit penalty given by someone who was dating a Brisbane Roar staff member at the time

Yes yes.. but how has that reflected poorly for Perth supporters since? I mean surely it was time to get over it? has that one incident burnt so much that it’s just made a lot of Perth fans not give a rats toss over the league? Sure but why neglect the club?

Yes yes.. but how has that reflected poorly for Perth supporters since? I mean surely it was time to get over it? has that one incident burnt so much that it’s just made a lot of Perth fans not give a rats toss over the league? Sure but why neglect the club?

I'd say most Australian soccer fans don't like the A-league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back