Banter Preseason general discussion - The Reigning Premiers Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Never really boarded the Rotham train myself.

Don't like the way we took an athletic rebounding/attacking flanker and tried turning him into a key defender.

I'll be watching him closely this year in the WAFL to see how his development is actually tracking. Clearly earmarked as the Schofield replacement.
Isn't he like 5cm shorter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rotham has the same height and gram as Mackie. That’s the role he’lol flourish at.

Richest club in the AFL, let's see if we bother to stream the intraclub or not.

Port has been doing it for years i think, but i won't hold my breath.

Cant imagine they will, considering all the new rules and the tactics they are setting up, would be pointless if you broadcast to everyone

Not with hurn,shep,oallen,brander,cole,Duggan, gov and barrass hanging around he wont

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Brander more of a KPD
O.Allen will play up forward.
Hurn is not far off.

Rotham could be that player that plays a few games here and there for us this year if we have a couple injuries. He's the hybrid defender that could play multiple roles.

Only Hurn and Shep do that in the best 22.

Brander more of a KPD
O.Allen will play up forward.
Hurn is not far off.

Rotham could be that player that plays a few games here and there for us this year if we have a couple injuries. He's the hybrid defender that could play multiple roles.

Only Hurn and Shep do that in the best 22.

Whats been noticeable about Rotham is he has become a lot more physical in his game.
He is not that skinny now as when he was drafted.
The other thing i like about him he is the second quickest player at the club only behind Petch.
If he can learn to take the game on more and use that pace of his, it will get him closer to selection

Whats been noticeable about Rotham is he has become a lot more physical in his game.
He is not that skinny now as when he was drafted.
The other thing i like about him he is the second quickest player at the club only behind Petch.
If he can learn to take the game on more and use that pace of his, it will get him closer to selection
Yep. Plus in the last few years we seeing more and more hybrid forwards around the 190cm that possess size strength of of KPF but the speed, explosiveness and agility of a mid. Shep is our only match up for Degoey/Stringer/Petracca/Curnow types and Mid/Fwds like Danger/Fyfe/Martin.

With Hurn close to the end I actually don't mind seeing Shep taking up more of an attacking role in the next few years and slotting Rotham into the side to take on types mentioned above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back