Cricket Thread

So GroinsRus is added to the squad on the basis of Tower of BaBeL form. Go figure.

After five Tests, no Oz player has scored a ton. Pretty amazing.

The 3 batsmen who have now allegedly cemented their ashes spots are the ones most likely to fail in English conditions.

More karma from the ball tampering affair.

The 3 batsmen who have now allegedly cemented their ashes spots are the ones most likely to fail in English conditions.

More karma from the ball tampering affair.

Spot on N37. Twelve months ago Mitch Marsh, statistically the worst Number 6 to have played for Oz, was lauded after tons in Perth and Melbourne. Conveniently most ignored the fact that both pitches were roads. FFS, even Cook scored a double in Melbourne.

Burns and Usman have negligible foot movement. Head has questionable patience. Patterson looks the most assured technically sound player of the four.

Shield resumes today. Finally some serious cricket to go and watch. I am going to the Vics v Qld Hillbillies on day 3 and maybe the last two sessions tomorrow.

I am really pleased Puc is well enough to play and hope to see him bat.

Shield resumes today. Finally some serious cricket to go and watch. I am going to the Vics v Qld Hillbillies on day 3 and maybe the last two sessions tomorrow.

I am really pleased Puc is well enough to play and hope to see him bat.

The 'Billys have a pretty good team on paper.

The Cheats with all their 'shoulda been picked in the test team' should romp it in, but there will be excuses aplenty, as always, when Handscomb fails, again.

The 'Billys have a pretty good team on paper.

The Cheats with all their 'shoulda been picked in the test team' should romp it in, but there will be excuses aplenty, as always, when Handscomb fails, again.

C'mon 37. You can do better than this. Just enjoy the resumption of first class cricket. I think the NSW v WA match will be interesting.

CA has fu-bar'd first class cricket, it is better to make fun of the Cheats.

ROFL. Agree with you about the filth who run CA. As I have said before CA exists to make the AFL look competent.

Still lets just enjoy some competitive cricket. As for cheating - do the names 'Seasick' Steve Smith and Dave 'piece of crap' Warner ring a bell?

I see your mob are playing East Praetoria (aka WA) who with cheat Bancroft and various other nonentities have supplanted NSW in supplying Australia's most over rated cricketers. Like State of Origin in NRL, this is a rare moment where I am supporting the NSW spivs. I hope Hughes, Edwards and Patterson perform in a smiting of the Langerites.

ROFL. Agree with you about the filth who run CA. As I have said before CA exists to make the AFL look competent.

Still lets just enjoy some competitive cricket. As for cheating - do the names 'Seasick' Steve Smith and Dave 'piece of crap' Warner ring a bell?

I see your mob are playing East Praetoria (aka WA) who with cheat Bancroft and various other nonentities have supplanted NSW in supplying Australia's most over rated cricketers. Like State of Origin in NRL, this is a rare moment where I am supporting the NSW spivs. I hope Hughes, Edwards and Patterson perform in a smiting of the Langerites.

Langer is doing a good job of putting the "Western" into Australia.
Let's see how long that lasts. I give it 5 series. Maybe 7 before CA clue on that Langer is a muppet, literally.

Technically Smithy never cheated, he should have just done something when he had the opportunity...or whatever pathetic weaselly excuse he came up with.
Bancroft found forgiveness, for himself. As James Hird said, "shocked to be sitting here". He says he can live with people calling him a cheat, because he didn't know right from wrong because he was just trying to fit in and fitting in means never having to know right from wrong, apparently. Except when it is Warner's fault because of all the people to know right from wrong, it's Davey Warner.

Last edited:
Warner is a violent cretinous bogan who should never have been selected in the first place.

Agree with your comments about Langer. The 'brown nosed little gnome' had a poor first class coaching record with WA and got the job after an orchestrated media campaign led by 'Fleas' Katich.

Other candidates, notably Gillespie, were miles more qualified but CA did not like the cut of his jib. (heard Gillespie tell a story on SEN that he was blacklisted by CA for a while - appalling. I suspect there is more to the story and Gillespie held back)

So Monsieur 37? The Good Guy Vic's take on the perennially overrated NSWelshmen in the Final commencing on Thursday. The teams seem evenly matched, although we will miss Maddison who has been in ripping form for us. If the day is nice I hope to go on Friday.

Really pleased your Hughes was rewarded with a spot in Shield team of the year along Copeland who earned his spot with a fine season.

I am looking forward to seeing how the gun youngsters, Puc and (Sausage) Sangha handle the pressure of a final.

The deck should offer a bit for the bowlers but settle to a good strip for the batsmen. The last match here was a draw but the batch of Duke balls used did nothing compared to the norm. Hopefully the ones supplied this time are not duds and offer the Quicks some help.

So Monsieur 37? The Good Guy Vic's take on the perennially overrated NSWelshmen in the Final commencing on Thursday. The teams seem evenly matched, although we will miss Maddison who has been in ripping form for us. If the day is nice I hope to go on Friday.

Really pleased your Hughes was rewarded with a spot in Shield team of the year along Copeland who earned his spot with a fine season.

I am looking forward to seeing how the gun youngsters, Puc and (Sausage) Sangha handle the pressure of a final.

The deck should offer a bit for the bowlers but settle to a good strip for the batsmen. The last match here was a draw but the batch of Duke balls used did nothing compared to the norm. Hopefully the ones supplied this time are not duds and offer the Quicks some help.

First, Warney logic: Ball tampering, poor fellas hard done by. Mankad, what a disgrace, call the police. :think:

NSW's chances hinge on what Larken does. If he has a good game then the blues are in with a chance.

Am ignoring your praise of the humble Vics. Hope it is a good game. Yep you could be right about Larkin, he's a wild card. Plenty of talent on both teams and hopefully it goes to the wire.

Pattinson has quickly found form since returning from injury and he may be a bit of a wild card.

Game is pretty even after Day 1. Victoria is paying for going in with a very long tail. Watched a bit of the game via streaming. Harris really put together a terrific knock to give the good guys a decent shot. Will be interesting to see how Pattinson goes today.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Good bowling by Siddle.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
And Pattinson , if this bloke hadn't broken down he'd have 300 wickets

I haven't been able to watch, just saw the highlights.

Back