ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
Went to the Aus open today and the security guards take their job waaay too seriously. Walking along Swan street this morning we had some guy who had yelled himself hoarse yelling at everyone that if they're on the footpath they can't get in, they need to line up along the blue wall. Calm down mate, everyone knows where the entrance is.

The second guy we went to see Djokovic warming up and there was a queue of people to get near the court. We pause for a split second to look for the end of the queue and the security guard is on us like a rabid wolf about needing to keep moving, even though we're standing in the middle of a grassed area away from the footpaths.

How much of a campaigner do you have to be to treat security at the Australian Open like a secret service job.

'Yeah I went to Indonesia'
'You went to Bali'
'I went to Bali but I didn't "go to Bali", it was a cultural experience'
'So you went and did yoga with other white people in a 5 star resort where the staff make $2 a day'
Had the opposite experience once when I was going through customs one time and overhead two bogan girls filling out their departure cards.

“Girl 1: Country where you will spend most time abroad?”
“Girl 2: Bali”

Probably scoffed a little too hard at that one.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Internet culture and associated default terminology from both sides of any politically charged debate:

SJW, Feminazi, Snowflake, Broflake, MRA, Bathing in male/female tears, fake news, triggered, ‘toxic’, ‘cancer’, white knight, mansplaining etc

I don’t care what’s being argued, the moment I see any of this I think less of the person writing it. They’re shitty devices used to stifle opposing viewpoints but do nothing other than make you look like an imbecile.

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
Went to the Aus open today and the security guards take their job waaay too seriously. Walking along Swan street this morning we had some guy who had yelled himself hoarse yelling at everyone that if they're on the footpath they can't get in, they need to line up along the blue wall. Calm down mate, everyone knows where the entrance is.

The second guy we went to see Djokovic warming up and there was a queue of people to get near the court. We pause for a split second to look for the end of the queue and the security guard is on us like a rabid wolf about needing to keep moving, even though we're standing in the middle of a grassed area away from the footpaths.

How much of a campaigner do you have to be to treat security at the Australian Open like a secret service job.

I guarantee the security staff have management breathing down their neck and will give them a shellacking if these needlessly strict rules aren't adhered to.

atlas1

Cancelled
Harry Potter Fan A Star Wars Fan
Nov 6, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bolt
Rampage
Deadly

wtf?? So someone asks who u going for? You said Im barracking for Deadly. WTFF?????

At least Flyers (with an s) makes sense in saying youre going for the flyers

Bolts and Deadlys

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
'Yeah I went to Indonesia'
'You went to Bali'
'I went to Bali but I didn't "go to Bali", it was a cultural experience'
'So you went and did yoga with other white people in a 5 star resort where the staff make $2 a day'
I've been to Indonesia

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
People who use "Right?" as punctuation when telling a story.

Minus five on the social skills self assessment.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
There are so many horrific Star Wars fan videos on youtube. Truly depressing. The human race. Insanity. Huge cries for help heard across the galaxy. It makes me feel genuinely sick inside watching these. Even abandoning being a fan of SW can't wash off the horror witnessed here. Makes me just want to not wake up next time I go to sleep.

Here's a sample of some I've seen recently....

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
There are so many horrific Star Wars fan videos on youtube. Truly depressing. The human race. Insanity. Huge cries for help heard across the galaxy. It makes me feel genuinely sick inside watching these. Even abandoning being a fan of SW can't wash off the horror witnessed here. Makes me just want to not wake up next time I go to sleep.

Here's a sample of some I've seen recently....

There's far better & more informative & productive things to be watching on youtube GG, other than no-life losers, lost in some kitschy fetish simulacra.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
There's far better & more informative & productive things to be watching on youtube GG, other than no-life losers, lost in some kitschy fetish simulacra.
I know. Just showing a peephole into the decrepit insane realm, of what makes me not just cringe, but want to flee planet earth on a spaceship.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
I know. Just showing a peephole into the decrepit insane realm, of what makes me not just cringe, but want to flee planet earth on a spaceship.

Seems like your choice of what to watch is rather more conditioned by your need to reinforce these feelings.....Try some gospel music or some deep-soul blues man.....They're both good for the soul.

Back