wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
That unlimited speed here has always been a very strange thing in my opinion. Even without a speed limit you hardly ever have the opportunity to drive really fast. Like you said roadwork, lots of other cars and after short distance a speed limit again.
On the other hand countries like Australia or America have a speedlimits while having lots of streets (cross country, very straight) where driving at 200km/h would probably half travel time compared top 100km/h.

It’s always frustrating. I’m often going between Hamburg-Dortmund, and since last May, they’ve had roadworks on both the A1 via Bremen and the a2 via Hannover. Seriously frustrating - the trains have become my best friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
It’s always frustrating. I’m often going between Hamburg-Dortmund, and since last May, they’ve had roadworks on both the A1 via Bremen and the a2 via Hannover. Seriously frustrating - the trains have become my best friend

Absolutely. Couldn’t believe the roadworks on the A1 and A2 when I last drove from Koln to Berlin. Every 10-15km’s we seemed to be stopping.
The best thing about the German motorways though is people only go in the middle or left hand lanes to overtake and then quickly return to the right. Unlike Australian drivers who like to sit in the wrong lane for miles and miles

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
My shout for advice guys.

Want to travel somewhere south in the middle of May with my partner and 2,5 year old. Looking for somewhere close to water as I miss the beach likecrazy.

Anyone got suggestions? I’ve only spent time in BCN and San Sébastien/Biarritz. Any feedback on Valencia/Malaga/Alicante/somewhere in Greece? Lisbon looks fairly expensive that time of year so I’ll give it a moss this time

Thanks in advance!

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC

Want to travel somewhere south in the middle of May with my partner and 2,5 year old. Looking for somewhere close to water as I miss the beach likecrazy.

Anyone got suggestions? I’ve only spent time in BCN and San Sébastien/Biarritz. Any feedback on Valencia/Malaga/Alicante/somewhere in Greece? Lisbon looks fairly expensive that time of year so I’ll give it a moss this time

Thanks in advance!

Cannes. I have an apartment waiting for you. But seriously I would avoid Cannes, have you looked at Cadiz?

I was bored of Manchester after 3-4 hours of being there.

If there are no EPL games on you could easily do a tour of both stadiums in a day.
Liverpool is the same.

Either watch an EPL game or sit in a s**t pub. There is nothing else to do

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That unlimited speed here has always been a very strange thing in my opinion. Even without a speed limit you hardly ever have the opportunity to drive really fast. Like you said roadwork, lots of other cars and after short distance a speed limit again.
On the other hand countries like Australia or America have a speedlimits while having lots of streets (cross country, very straight) where driving at 200km/h would probably half travel time compared top 100km/h.
I sat between 160-200 kmh per hour when I drove from Berlin via Dresden to Munich.

Almost 80-90% of it was unlimited speed limits

Thanks in advance!

Kefalonia in Greece

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams

Thanks in advance!

One of my Uncles has a small place down at Benalmádena on the Costa del Sol and we have visited him a few times down there and the area is fantastic. Only about half an hour from Malaga and the stretch of coast has some great little hideaways. Pretty cool amusement park and a couple of aquariums in the area too which always keeps the little ones amused

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Heading to Europe in 8 weeks, first time. Going to London, then to Berlin, Paris on and onto Monaco for the GP.
All up only 3 weeks.
Wondering if I have the time, what other countries to squeeze in there.
Also, will being an Australian up my chances with the ladies over there?

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Heading to Europe in 8 weeks, first time. Going to London, then to Berlin, Paris on and onto Monaco for the GP.
All up only 3 weeks.

Your personality will determine that more than anything.

Monaco GP, if the weather is good, is brilliant. Such a great atmosphere... Might see you there.. Stars and Bars is usually my go to.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda

Monaco GP, if the weather is good, is brilliant. Such a great atmosphere... Might see you there.. Stars and Bars is usually my go to.

Planning on just rocking up on the day and buying a general admission pass at the gate so I can walk around.
Will that work?

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
All up only 3 weeks.
You can squeeze more countries you sound like you will be on a fairly tight squeeze with a fair bit of travelling. You will lose a bit of time heading from London to Berlin and then to Paris if you are flying. Any reason why you chose those cities and do you have to back track to fly home?

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.

Thanks in advance!

Grange, South Australia.

Its choice

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
You can squeeze more countries you sound like you will be on a fairly tight squeeze with a fair bit of travelling. You will lose a bit of time heading from London to Berlin and then to Paris if you are flying. Any reason why you chose those cities and do you have to back track to fly home?
Yeah its largely unplanned at this stage. I was planning on using the train to get most places, and yeah got to get back to London to leave.
Might have to leave it at London to Berlin to Paris and then find my way down to Monaco.
Berlin and Paris are the main two I want to get to.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Yeah its largely unplanned at this stage. I was planning on using the train to get most places, and yeah got to get back to London to leave.
Might have to leave it at London to Berlin to Paris and then find my way down to Monaco.
Berlin and Paris are the main two I want to get to.
In can often be cheaper to fly in/out of other places rather than London. Also consider an open jaw ticket into 1 city and out of another. Nice is your closest international airport and has some connections or you could head to Milan by train which is closer than returning to Paris.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
All up only 3 weeks.
You realise they are cities and not countries right? 3-4 days london. 5 days paris. 5 days berlin and 2 days monaco is the mimimum time at each if you have never been to these places. That gives you another 5 days. Could choose another city or spend some time driving through country towns or hiking through the alps for some variation on the cities. For cities prague is near berlin and is a good contrast. Amsterdam is not a major detour between paris and berlin although the place is way overrated. Alternatively Provence is near monaco if you want to spend 5 days driving around hill top villages. Bernese oberland in switzerland is amazing for scenary and hiking. Can stay in a car free town on top of 500 metre high cliffs. I would usually recommend rome and florence but they would be big detours and you want to limit your travel time as 3 weeks isnt a long trip.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah thanks. Yes ,cities.
I think London, Berlin, Paris, Monaco will be the absolute maximum I can do.
Given I have to get back top London from Monaco.
Thanks for your advice.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
All up only 3 weeks.

If you have good banter and you're at least average looking, you will clean up.

Come to Poland, it's ******* awesome; the girls are incredible, and it is very cheap.

Depending on what you like, Krakow, Gdanks, Wroclaw.

It'll blow your mind.

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
If you have good banter and you're at least average looking, you will clean up.

Come to Poland, it's ******* awesome; the girls are incredible, and it is very cheap.

Depending on what you like, Krakow, Gdanks, Wroclaw.

It'll blow your mind.

You ended up making it to Poland? That's awesome, I remember you messaging me about it a couple of years back! Where are you based?

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
nice one. Always good when you can work abroad. Apart from the shitty weather I haven't regretted a thing moving here!

Mate, I wanted to live in Europe since I was about 23, never thought I'd get the opportunity.

I love and miss home - but I am absolutely loving being here; it's bloody awesome, and so completely different.

If you roll over to Warsaw, let me know!

Back