Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Really hope he’s good to go in Round 1, we really need all our talented players out on the park given we’ve already lost our best player for the season.

Yup you’re spot on, but what you say is a logical train of thought. I mean, why would it be imperative we have our best players playing, particularly guys who are mids needed to replace the Mitchell loss? Damn ridiculous eh?

Yes, any games that he misses will significantly weaken us.. you don’t agree I take it?
Any games missed by any best 22 player weakens us to an intangible degree, doesn't it?

Goes without saying. Wingard MUST play round 1 is as valid as Stratton MUST play, or Gunton MUST play. It just doesn't mean anything significant... Just hyperbole.

Any games missed by any best 22 player weakens us to an intangible degree, doesn't it?

Goes without saying. Wingard MUST play round 1 is as valid as Stratton MUST play, or Gunton MUST play. It just doesn't mean anything significant... Just hyperbole.

A player who can help fill a void left by a Brownlow medalist is significantly more important, particularly as we are low on depth and elite class in that part of the ground. Hyperbole it’s not, truth it is.

A player who can help fill a void left by a Brownlow medalist is significantly more important, particularly as we are low on depth and elite class in that part of the ground. Hyperbole it’s not, truth it is.
But if we want to make the Hyper Bowl...um Super Bowl...aahh that big game thing at the end...grand final, yes that’s it grand final! Then yes, we need Chad Wingard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right.

So what you're saying is that it would be somewhat better for us if, in 5 weeks from now, one of our better midfield players is playing in a game rather than not playing that game, and presumably our staff should be endeavouring to make this happen?

Thank goodness you're here for these telling insights...

Right.

So what you're saying is that it would be somewhat better for us if, in 5 weeks from now, one of our better midfield players is playing in a game rather than not playing that game, and presumably our staff should be endeavouring to make this happen?

Thank goodness you're here for these telling insights...

I say what I think is right, whatever way you summarise I could care less.

Carry on.

Bloody hell. If anyone thinks missing Wingard and Mitchell from the side is 'intangible' they are stuffed in the head. Calf injuries can be a prick. Concerned posters have a right to be. Why some people are smartarses about that seems personal. Doubt the scoreboard will be intangible if we miss both Mitchell and Chad for any length of time. Fingers crossed Chad is good to go Rd1.

Bloody hell. If anyone thinks missing Wingard and Mitchell from the side is 'intangible' they are stuffed in the head. Calf injuries can be a prick. Concerned posters have a right to be. Why some people are smartarses about that seems personal. Doubt the scoreboard will be intangible if we miss both Mitchell and Chad for any length of time. Fingers crossed Chad is good to go Rd1.

You’d think he’ll be ok for round 1, it would be surprising if he wasn’t but calfs are very annoying, tends to be a bit of an old mans injury, I couldn’t get mine right my last year of footy at 30 and ended up pulling the pin. He may just struggle with the load, if he is used to running 11-12km a game and all of a sudden he goes to 14-15 that’s a substantial jump and his body may be rejecting it.

Super important we start the season off well, a tough opening, we really need Chad up and going.

PS. Plenty of people get personal here, welcome lol

Silver lining?? Well, at least the Chad has had plenty of time laying low for a few weeks getting his Fortnite fix, so he can put it away for 6 months when season starts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back