The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 19 Thread (post NBA All Star weekend)

Remove this Banner Ad

Commish thinks KD is a coward!

Was thinking about this on the weekend as I was hitting a little white ball around the golf course. Early on lebron was the villain with his move to miami. KD was the golden boy. Now it's the other way around. Do you agree?

Was thinking about this on the weekend as I was hitting a little white ball around the golf course. Early on lebron was the villain with his move to miami. KD was the golden boy. Now it's the other way around. Do you agree?
I think this is accurate

Is here. Shortened week due to the all star game.

I think the Commish reads bigfooty

And yet the Knicks and Lakers are among the four teams that Davis said he would sign an extension with.

"I just want to win".

He’s gone full third person.

Anthony Davis stated that the Boston Celtics are on his list of teams that he would sign a long-term contract with, adding that he "never said Boston wasn't on my list".
He then said in a later interview that he wants to play for any team outside of the Pelicans.
“All 29 other teams are on my list. I don’t have a preferred destination. I just want to win. Big market, small market - I don’t care. I just want to win. Whatever team I get traded to, I’ll play for it that year or whatever. I’ll make the best of it and then when free agency comes, see what happens. I can’t tell the future," said Davis.
Davis added that he never gave anyone a list of teams he'd like to get traded to.
“I never gave a destination. Anthony Davis never gave a destination of where he wants to play.”

"I never said that Boston wasn't on my list".

Translation: He never said that Boston wasn't on his list, he just didn't include them on his list of teams he would re-sign with. Oops. And he didn't actually articulate that list, his agent did. And he didn't badmouth Boston, his dad did. So you see, it's all one big misunderstanding.

"All 29 teams are on my list... Whatever team I get traded to, I'll play for it that year or whatever, I'll make the best of it"

Translation: He'll endure playing for one of 25 pleb teams for that year, before signing for a winning team like the Lakers or Knicks.

"Anthony Davis never gave a destination of where he wants to play"

Translation: Anthony Davis did give a list of destinations where he wants to play though. Gotta read the fine print, kids.

And yet the Knicks and Lakers are among the four teams that Davis said he would sign an extension with.

"I just want to win".

"I never said that Boston wasn't on my list".

Translation: He never said that Boston wasn't on his list, he just didn't include them on his list of teams he would re-sign with. Oops. And he didn't actually articulate that list, his agent did. And he didn't badmouth Boston, his dad did. So you see, it's all one big misunderstanding.

"All 29 teams are on my list... Whatever team I get traded to, I'll play for it that year or whatever, I'll make the best of it"

Translation: He'll endure playing for one of 25 pleb teams for that year, before signing for a winning team like the Lakers or Knicks.

"Anthony Davis never gave a destination of where he wants to play"

Translation: Anthony Davis did give a list of destinations where he wants to play though. Gotta read the fine print, kids.
I honestly can't get over how poorly Davis has handed this whole affair.

I remember Dwight going from a well liked player to someone people hated and disliked because of how he handled his Orlando departure. For some reason I haven't seen anywhere near the same amount of vitriol towards Davis. That confuses me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember Dwight going from a well liked player to someone people hated and disliked because of how he handled his Orlando departure. For some reason I haven't seen anywhere near the same amount of vitriol towards Davis. That confuses me.

Probably analogous to Durant and Kawhi too. Darlings to villains overnight.

Only difference between Davis and them is that Rich Paul is obviously pulling the strings here, at least in people's minds. Maybe similar to Kawhi getting shady advice from his entourage. Given Rich Paul probably played a major role in 'The Decision' back in 2010, his track record for disastrous PR is now unsurpassed among agents, which is some achievement. You're right in that Davis shouldn't get a pass though, it's not like he's 18 and wet behind the ears.

It's a shame.

Probably analogous to Durant and Kawhi too. Darlings to villains overnight.

Only difference between Davis and them is that Rich Paul is obviously pulling the strings here, at least in people's minds. Maybe similar to Kawhi getting shady advice from his entourage. Given Rich Paul probably played a major role in 'The Decision' back in 2010, his track record for disastrous PR is now unsurpassed among agents, which is some achievement. You're right in that Davis shouldn't get a pass though, it's not like he's 18 and wet behind the ears.

It's a shame.

I think that will all change when his destination is revealed. For now, he’s in limbo, it once his new team is locked in, the narrative will reflect the general feelings of ill will towards him.

Yeah, I think the destination will have a big effect.

LA or Boston - Hate

NYC or LAC - Less hate

GSW - World explodes.
Steph is teaming up with Giannis now

The NBA is anticipating between 37 percent and 40 percent of current players will be free agents this offseason, according to sources close to Adam Silver.

Potentially a lot of new number changes to be across peternorth

I think that will all change when his destination is revealed. For now, he’s in limbo, it once his new team is locked in, the narrative will reflect the general feelings of ill will towards him.

I think you're probably spot on.

His reputation is already tarnished as far as New Orleans is concerned. If he had indicated at the end of this season that he probably wouldn't sign an extension beyond 2020, he could have left with relative lack of acrimony and a degree of understanding. Doing it the way he has though, he has destroyed seven years of goodwill in the space of seven days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back