Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' - out vs GEEL (calf)

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope not. Has huge upside once he develops his tank.

No doubt.

But with so many players ahead of him for his preferred position, I can see him asking for a trade to get playing time back home. Freo would love someone of his ilk.

Their forward line is pox.

No doubt.

But with so many players ahead of him for his preferred position, I can see him asking for a trade to get playing time back home. Freo would love someone of his ilk.

Their forward line is pox.
Would be shattered if he left. No nonsense player and I absolutely love it. I suppose losing players is part and parcel of having good depth,

Can see him being a trade option at the end of the season.

I know it's the off season and we're filled with optimism, but after our acquisitions last year and the form shown in the pre-season I look at our team list and see a lot of potentially excess players that have both shown something AND promise to show more. I'm not even bothering to try and guess the best 22. Way too many blokes to fit in. Getting Kelly might be one hell of a lot easier than we expected.

The do need a player of his style, but will Ross the Boss be there next year?

Has a touch of the Colonel Kurtz about him.

And you can't get much more 'up the river' than the Fremantle Football Club.

So yeah, you could be on the right track there.

Last edited:
Look at the squad in age/experience. We have a large group of players at the age and experience level to bring home a flag in the next year or two. Behind them is what looks like a great group of players that can rotate now and will be the experience of what are now a really good group of 1st and 2nd year players. Cam is in that second group and will be a leader in time.

Cam wouldnt seek a trade back home. We'll give him game time with Waite gone, it'll push Wood into Waites spot, which frees up that mid sized forward role.

Last edited:
Most weeks we run without about 4 injuries +/- 2. There will be a spot for Zurhaar in the forward line if he's good enough.

Cam wouldnt seek a trade back home. We'll give him game time with Waite gone, it'll push Wood into Waites spot, which frees up that mid sized forward role.

Most weeks we run without about 4 injuries +/- 2. There will be a spot for Zurhaar in the forward line if he's good enough.

Cam is contracted until the end of 2020, no great issues here. His opportunity will come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Cam plays >10 games this year. The exact type of operator Brad loves (no nonsense)

I think it will come down to JZ's, Wood, Garner and Turners availability.

Cam's in the next group with Walker & Hrovat.

I think it will come down to JZ's, Wood, Garner and Turners availability.

Cam's in the next group with Walker & Hrovat.
He got games before being injured. I reckon he's around about on par with Sugar. Walker, Wilkinson, Hrovat behind them.

Having depth is going to be a wonderful thing but s**t some blokes are gonna be stiff to not games
That’s when they need to be smashing the door down in the VFL.
Here’s hoping if a league player strings a couple of poor performances in a row together they’re sent back to the reserves to give someone else a crack / earn their spot back.

He’s a solid footballer. Can’t really knock someone that wants it like he clearly shows he does... but Walker is streaks ahead in the long run. WW just has ‘it’ in abundance

You make it sound like Cameron is a meat 'n potatoes plodder though. His explosive gamestyle and ability to find the goals from early in his career, hell even kick goals under pressure makes him an enticing prospect if he gets it together.

Walker is a promising talent too but wouldn't think he makes Zurhaar look 2nd rate by comparison.

You make it sound like Cameron is a meat 'n potatoes plodder though. His explosive gamestyle and ability to find the goals from early in his career, hell even kick goals under pressure makes him an enticing prospect if he gets it together.

Walker is a promising talent too but wouldn't think he makes Zurhaar look 2nd rate by comparison.
I see Walker playing up the field a lot more too. He's a wing/half-forward where Zurhaar would be more dangerous deep and likely be on-ball if he's up the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back