No Oppo Supporters NMFC 2019 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That post isn't really verbose, it has taken the content of a number of your snarky posts rather than reply to them individually.

That isn't it. We have both been here a long time and you know your intellectually dishonest methods of debating doesn't work with me.

There are only two ways to have intellectually honest debate/discussion, that is to point out errors or omissions in a point of fact or pointing out errors or omissions in a point of logic. Everything else is intellectually dishonest and there are numerous tools at the disposal of someone who is intellectually dishonest.

For the benefit of other posters, I will list some of the common tactics:
name calling
changing the subject
questioning motives
stereotyping
false premise
argument from intimidation
innuendo
insinuation
peer approval of subjective opinion
mockery
straw man
etc

Even this reply to kangaspurs is riddled with intellectual dishonesty, ie my pessimism is irrelevant if I am right. it doesn't matter if we are chalk or cheese, are the facts right? Is the logic right? Your theatrics detract from any worthwhile conversation you otherwise might be involved in.

People shouldn't get sucked into strategies that people use to try and avoid losing an argument, debate or discussion, that being said, people shouldn't try to goad people into having conversations they do not wish to have. I respect if Tef doesn't want to engage.
Listen here you ******* dickhead. Kangatech is awesome. What are you even getting at with a post like this? I question your motives and why you're attacking Snake. Is it because you're a femist and Snake isn't? North are doing great, look at the debt decrease since 2008. If you don't get off your high horse I'll pummel you in real life! You're quick to defend kangaspurs...if you know what I mean. Are you just doing it to get in her good graces? Snake agrees with me...you're an idiot! You think you're so smart with your big responses but I bet it's only a cover for your small groin! Just because Snake doesn't like the virtue signalling by the AFL with regards to AFLW doesn't mean that he hates women! There are more holes in your argument but I'll stop there!

No place for this nonsense on BigFooty, Groin guru

Chief

View attachment 621530

lol he was just trying to squeeze in examples of what I was referring to. You can actually have long exchanges which are utterly meaningless and never become a good debate of ideas because it is so simple to deconstruct a discussion, politics has made it an art form to talk a lot but say nothing and that has become a large part of our vocabulary now.

Listen here you ******* dickhead. Kangatech is awesome. What are you even getting at with a post like this? I question your motives and why you're attacking Snake. Is it because you're a femist and Snake isn't? North are doing great, look at the debt decrease since 2008. If you don't get off your high horse I'll pummel you in real life! You're quick to defend kangaspurs...if you know what I mean. Are you just doing it to get in her good graces? Snake agrees with me...you're an idiot! You think you're so smart with your big responses but I bet it's only a cover for your small groin! Just because Snake doesn't like the virtue signalling by the AFL with regards to AFLW doesn't mean that he hates women! There are more holes in your argument but I'll stop there!
Not sure you covered all the bases, but a good effort. 7/10

Are people that simple and indecisive that positive spin surrounding the club's recruitment and general sentiment that it motivates them to purchase a membership as opposed to not?
If that is the case then general media sentiment regarding our potential or external views of our list severely effects our membership conversion. Because each year for the last 15 we are and have been the preseason ugly ducklings

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Shite! That's been Saint Kilda and Melbourne's currency since they both won their last flags back in the mid 60s. 😁😁😁

Those two alledged teams have been the great over-promisers and under- deliverers since 1966 and 1964 respectively. They promise the world with their pre- season recruiting, drafting, trading and even pre-season form but tragically misfire for those poor, deluded and suffering people who continue to buy memberships and believe that they can actually have any chance of winning a flag. Yet, this year the media will continue to flog and focus upon North Melbourne and "when are they moving Hobart".

Truth is, many look at their clubs with emotion and not with cool heads. North Melbourne have taken a cool and calculated decision to broaden our club's appeal through adoption of the AFLW program and VFL. None if you have even mentioned the VFL, you're all focussed on the AFLW!

North are making a big gamble here on broadening the club's appeal toward women, and take it from a woman ... DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE DAMAGE THAT WAYNE CAREY DID TO THE APPEAL OF NORTH MELBOURNE as a brand to women. Many women still look at him with revile. The club and its male supporters may have forgiven, but women have long memories. For any of you buggers in relationships or who are married, you know exactly what I mean.

I think that the club adopting an AFLW program is a huge positive step forward. The VFL is a risk because it comes with costs, but it is also linked to redeveloping Arden Street as a first class venue. We do need to focus upon the positives and trust that our Board are indeed making strategic and calculated decisions that will continue to broaden our appeal and consolidate us in the heartland of North Melbourne.

Last edited:
Haha that's twice now, once from you and once from Snake, that I've incorrectly been assumed as female.

Do I give off particularly effeminate vibes or something? Or maybe that it's just that I'm such a triggered, lefty snowflake that our resident alt-righters ;) just assume that I look like that woman from the triggered feminist meme.

Shite! That's been Saint Kilda and Melbourne's currency since they both won their last flags back in the mid 60s.

Those two alledged teams have been the great over-promisers and under- deliverers since 1966 and 1964 respectively. They promise the world with their pre- season recruiting, drafting, trading and even pre-season form but tragically misfire for those poor, deluded and suffering people who continue to buy memberships and believe that they can actually have any chance of winning a flag. Yet, this year the media will continue to flog and focus upon North Melbourne and "when are they moving Hobart".

Truth is, many look at their clubs with emotion and not with cool heads. North Melbourne have taken a cool and calculated decision to broaden our club's appeal through adoption of the AFLW program and VFL. None if you have even mentioned the VFL, you're all focussed on the AFLW!

North are making a big gamble here on broadening the club's appeal toward women, and take it from a woman ... DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE DAMAGE THAT WAYNE CAREY DID TO THE APPEAL OF NORTH MELBOURNE as a brand to women. Many women still look at him with revile. The club and its male supporters may have forgiven, but women have long memories. For any of you buggers in relationships or who are married, you know exactly what I mean.

I think that the club adopting an AFLW program is a huge positive step forward. The VFL is a risk because it comes with costs, but it is also linked to redeveloping Arden Street as a first class venue. We do need to focus upon the positives and trust that our Board are indeed making strategic and calculated decisions that will continue to broaden our appeal and consolidate us in the heartland of North Melbourne.
All due respect Roogal , but Wayne Carey and AFLW are irrelevant to the membership discussion especially 18 years on.

The VFL wasn't a novelty it was a necessity to remain competitive. Hardly a risk at all.

My question related more to the fact that are supporters fickle enough to base their decisions to support the club financially due to preseason expectations.

Are people that simple and indecisive that positive spin surrounding the club's recruitment and general sentiment that it motivates them to purchase a membership as opposed to not?
If that is the case then general media sentiment regarding our potential or external views of our list severely effects our membership conversion. Because each year for the last 15 we are and have been the preseason ugly ducklings

I don't know about severely but yeah. I think if we had wind blown up our arses all offseason about how we were going to take the comp by storm that it would have a measurable impact on memberships.

I don't know about severely but yeah. I think if we had wind blown up our arses all offseason about how we were going to take the comp by storm that it would have a measurable impact on memberships.

100% there are a % of people that drop in and out of being members - I think I saw once its like 5-8k per year that dont re-sign. Someone here will know.

The more hype and excitement around the club early in the year, the more members will sign up.

The next Carey, the next flag, the next ??? all helps drive membership.

Conversely - the next 30+ year drought, unlikable captain, hated coach or sacking of a club legend will push people away.

Anyone on this board who thinks they are an average member has drifted from reality just a touch:)

fickle doesn't begin to describe it.

I've had a couple of work North friends drift from the club due to AFL issues.

So, a question about memberships, I was looking to upgrade this year, would I be right in surmising that the only real difference between the Barry Cable and cheer squad memberships is that the former lets you take a friend for free to a game and the latter guarantees access to the grand final?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

STILL HAVEN'T RECIEVED MY ****ING MEMBERSHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!

IF THEY HAVEN'T ARRIVED BY THE END OF THE WEEK I AM GOING TO GO DOWN THERE AND BLOW s**t OUT OF SOMEONE!!!

Everyone i know has theirs now - you might be the lucky one to get stiffed by the post?

The only person getting "stiffed" will be some halfwit in the membership department.

It’s great to get new members signed up but the real money is retaining people.

I’d love to see some stats around that.

The number of new memberships one year & the conversion rate of them re-signing for a second.

I feel we should offer more for new members. Be that a half price guernsey, benefits like a free pie on game day or just a stronger magnet in their membership pack.

Whatever it is, going back to back is much harder than getting that first year. We need to retain the new members. Make it so good they will be bragging about what a sweet deal it is to their friends.

Then offer some sort of re-signing bonus or something.

I know none of the above is incentive to members who’ve signed up the past 10, 20 & 30 years straight, but we’re always going to sign on aren’t we?!

It’s that second year that’s key I reckon.

That’s just how I feel anyway.

All due respect Roogal , but Wayne Carey and AFLW are irrelevant to the membership discussion especially 18 years on.

The VFL wasn't a novelty it was a necessity to remain competitive. Hardly a risk at all.

My question related more to the fact that are supporters fickle enough to base their decisions to support the club financially due to preseason expectations.

With the greatest respect I say this. You probably are a man and to read what I said about WOMEN'S attitudes toward Wayne. You say that's 18 years ago. You clearly are a man because you didn't take the time to read what I said and qualified. In a woman's mind nothing is ever forgiven. It matters not what you ever did wrong, your woman will never let you forget. Men forgive over time but women NEVER forget! I accept that Wayne is a club legend and a great player, but the club's brand was smashed (and I can't begin to emphasise that enough) in many women's eyes.

You, as a man clearly don't get it. If you are a straight guy then I bet that you wonder every day WTF makes women tick. I assure you that, that question perplexes us in reverse ... 🤔🤔🤔

I forgave Wayne a long time ago, but many other women can't. The club is taking a good and measured approach through the adoption of the AFL sponsored AFLW program. It's costing the club virtually nothing. It's a low risk investment from the Club's point of view to broaden our clubs demographic appeal. I personally think that the greater financial risk lays with the VFL program. That's all that I am saying. I'm not picking a fight or an argument, I am just asking forumers to consider why the Club has made these decisions.

Last edited:
With the greatest respect I say this. You probably are a man and to read what I said about WOMEN'S attitudes toward Wayne. You say that's 18 years ago. You clearly are a man because you didn't take the time to read what I said and qualified. In a woman's mind nothing is ever forgiven. Men forgive over time but women NEVER forget! I accept that Wayne is a club legend and a great player, but the club's brand was smashed (and I can't begin to emphasise that enough) in many women's eyes.

You, as a man clearly don't get it. If you are a straight guy then I bet that you wonder every day WTF makes women tick. I assure you that, that question perplexes us in reverse ... 🤔🤔🤔

I forgave Wayne a long time ago, but many other women can't. The club is taking a good and measured approach the adoption of the AFL sponsored AFLW approach. I personally think that the greater financial risk lays with the VFL program. That's all that I am saying. I'm not picking a fight or an argument, I am just asking forumers to consider why the Club has made these decisions.

Oh please RG, literally half the female population of Melbourne used to throw themselves at him. I know as I was there and I saw it.

Enough with the ridiculous pious bullshit.

Women are as much to blame for Wayne's distorted view of proper conduct, as Wayne is himself.

Last edited:
Oh please RG, literally half the female population of Melbourne used to throw themselves at him. I know as I was there and I saw it.

Enough with the ridiculous pious bullshit.

Women are as much to blame for Wayne's distorted view of proper conduct, as Wayne is himself.
Oh look .. That's your reply, I won't dignify it any further. All the best.

Oh look .. That's your reply, I won't dignify it any further. All the best.

ANYONE can do moral indignation, it still doesn't mean you have a valid point.

How about being more realistic about men and women?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back