Streaming [HBO] True Detective

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumping between three different timelines slows it down a bit. I'm still enjoying it, but would like to see some progress be made into the original 1980 investigation.

While I get that people aren't enjoying the pace of this season (and my wife has said to me if it doesn't pick up, she'll lose interest), I've absolutely been loving it. Sure, it’s not quite to the same level as the first season (with the creepiness constantly at 11 and the overall philosophical element being really intriguing), but the acting by both leads has been easily as good as Cohle & Hart’s portrayals.

Seeing the current-day states of both of their lives and how this case has been interwoven in with their relationship throughout the years was both heartwarming and heartbreaking. The look of joy on Hays’ face when West yells out “Purple Hays” from the balcony, followed by the look on his friend’s face when he honestly lays out how betrayed he felt from the lack of contact in the last 15 years was brilliant.

In terms of the case itself, there are lots of different paths that the show can still go down, especially looking at the corruption (or maybe the incompetence) of the two different investigations into the murder/disappearance of the two children.

I’m hooked and can’t wait for the next few episodes to see how it all gets resolved.

While I get that people aren't enjoying the pace of this season (and my wife has said to me if it doesn't pick up, she'll lose interest), I've absolutely been loving it. Sure, it’s not quite to the same level as the first season (with the creepiness constantly at 11 and the overall philosophical element being really intriguing), but the acting by both leads has been easily as good as Cohle & Hart’s portrayals.

Seeing the current-day states of both of their lives and how this case has been interwoven in with their relationship throughout the years was both heartwarming and heartbreaking. The look of joy on Hays’ face when West yells out “Purple Hays” from the balcony, followed by the look on his friend’s face when he honestly lays out how betrayed he felt from the lack of contact in the last 15 years was brilliant.

In terms of the case itself, there are lots of different paths that the show can still go down, especially looking at the corruption (or maybe the incompetence) of the two different investigations into the murder/disappearance of the two children.

I’m hooked and can’t wait for the next few episodes to see how it all gets resolved.

I'm also loving it. There's still a bit of creepiness going on and I'm really enjoying the setting of Arkansas. Sad that there are only three episodes left.

The scenes between the two detectives at the end of the episode at Roland's house were incredible. Absolute masterclass in both writing and acting.

We expect greatness these days from Ali but the big surprise is how good an actor Dorff is. He nails it.

The scenes between the two detectives at the end of the episode at Roland's house were incredible. Absolute masterclass in both writing and acting.

We expect greatness these days from Ali but the big surprise is how good an actor Dorff is. He nails it.

He has always been good. For whatever reason wasnt able to find good roles after the 90s.

But yeah he was great in those scenes at the house.

Also his heartbreak at the possibilty of the dad being the killer after he took him under his wing was well played also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Show has really kicked up a gear in the last couple of weeks. Love how despite some plot developments being fairly easily predicted, there's still the odd curveball:

The red herring of it being a paedophile ring like season 1, when it's actually Julie being kidnapped to act as a surrogate child for the rich woman.

Dammit! I can’t wait a week! It’s all coming together. Are they actually airing the finale against the Oscars?

It went up against the Super Bowl too, HBO don't care what the competition is.

Show has really kicked up a gear in the last couple of weeks. Love how despite some plot developments being fairly easily predicted, there's still the odd curveball:

The red herring of it being a paedophile ring like season 1, when it's actually Julie being kidnapped to act as a surrogate child for the rich woman.

It went up against the Super Bowl too, HBO don't care what the competition is.

Aired 3 days before the superbowl actually.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back