Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

To continue with the derailed thread. I thought Medadue sucked and didn't understand why Dimma was picking him. Then all of a sudden he showed quite a bit (I think early 2017) and hit some nice form and I was forced to change my opinion. Then at his peak he was dropped and I didn't understand why he was dropped. Since he's back he's been fumbly and hasn't looked up to it, hence being in and out of the team. Now I got no idea where I stand

I dont and have never had a good feeling about this guy.
He dosnt look/act like a footballer. I know that isnt everything.
He seems like the nerdy kid that always trys really hard to hang out with the cool kids

I dont and have never had a good feeling about this guy.
He dosnt look/act like a footballer. I know that isnt everything.
He seems like the nerdy kid that always trys really hard to hang out with the cool kids

You’ll probably find most of the guys who play afl don’t fit the imagine of your mind of that old school jock

Pretty much all of them love video games and tv

To continue with the derailed thread. I thought Medadue sucked and didn't understand why Dimma was picking him. Then all of a sudden he showed quite a bit (I think early 2017) and hit some nice form and I was forced to change my opinion. Then at his peak he was dropped and I didn't understand why he was dropped. Since he's back he's been fumbly and hasn't looked up to it, hence being in and out of the team. Now I got no idea where I stand

Absolutely. When he takes the game on with confidence Manarewedue is very good. When he tries to finesse and play it slower he isn't much chop.

So I'm a bit confused about him really. I see absolutely (close to) top end talent. But I also see someone that maybe just isn't cut out for AFL. Maybe a VFL watcher can tell me/us if he can play that top end at a lower level. So it's transferable if his confidence lifts. Or is he just that in between player that occasionally lets it rip, but really is adequate standard and that's it?

Pretty hard to show form in 2s when they were knocked out of finals earlier than seniors, please do explain...

He backed in his star in dusty and his ill players, truth is no one other than those inside the 4 walls knows the reality of their issues.

All good bro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you idiots stop talking about Markov & Menadue in Stack's thread?
Half of you must just walk off in the middle of a conversation following something shiny

images

The past fortnight has been a whirlwind for Richmond recruit, Sydney Stack. After missing out on the 2018 AFL draft, Stack embarked on pre-season training with the Tigers looking to earn himself a spot on an AFL list through the newly-implemented supplemental selection period (SSP).

Nearly three months on from his first training session with Richmond, Stack was announced as the final player on the Tigers’ 2019 playing list. Now, as a bona fide Richmond player, Stack is attending his first AFL and AFL Players’ Association All Stars summit in Adelaide.

Despite his playing future remaining unknown until recently, the Western Australian was confident in himself that he had done everything right since joining Richmond in early December. A meeting involving Richmond’s football department sealed Stack’s fate as they agreed he had met training, diet and off-field standards set by the club.

“Since I got there I’ve done everything I could do right by the club and stayed committed to training,” he told AFLPlayers.com.au on day two of the AFL All Stars summit.

Stack’s journey to the AFL has been arduous. A series of off-field disciplinary issues in 2018 left his football future up in the air but the SSP offered an AFL lifeline too good for Stack not to pursue. “I got a bit teary because it was just such a long journey to get here,” he said of the moments after he was told he would be joining Richmond.

1550705357597.png

Hailing from a small, country town east of Perth, Stack is closely connected to his Indigenous heritage and his lineage as a Noongar man. “Back at home we had a Clontarf, which is like an Indigenous program at the school,” he explained.

“As part of the program we a bit of dancing there, didgeridoo playing, on the drums and painting.” Although Stack doesn’t consider himself an artist he enjoys participating in traditional Indigenous activities such as playing the didgeridoo and native dance, some of which he experienced on the All Stars summit.

1550705396610.png

Growing up in WA, Stack idolised Port Adelaide’s Sam Powell-Pepper, who also played for WA in the under-18 national championships. The two played for the national team when Stack was in his under-16s year, before Powell-Pepper was drafted to the Power.

Attending the All Stars summit has enabled Stack to rub shoulders with some of his childhood heroes including Hawthorn superstars Chad Wingard and Shaun Burgoyne. Meeting his idols was a moment that left the 18-year-old starstruck.

“Seeing all the legends here and their story about how they’ve played the game, what they’ve done off-field… it’s amazing just getting that advice about what it takes to be an AFL star,” he said.

Great Article - My god hasn't bolton gotten bigger and grown

Eggs is 180cm and Shai is listed as 175m with stack at 177cm

Kid could have a breakout year

No way Shai is 175cm. Unless he's standing on a box. About 179 is my guess.

Hope he tears it up, so much talent.

Actually all 3 gentlemen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back