Memberships 2019 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY 42,910)

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember my first seasons ticket. Mum and Dad did not need them as they were St.Kilda Cricket Club members. My seasons ticket had a white background, and was folded thick cardboard, much like the Freddy I was first issued with. It was a junior membership.
Same here.....remember my Junior membership was that thick cardboard which had 22 games to be punched out.....along with provision for finals...which got used every year at that point.

From memory...once I turned 14....I had to get a "students membership" which got you a discounted membership....the principal had to sign the form off.

Ahhhhh…….those were the days...lol.

Sorry but I am going to ask the question again. Does anyone know why there has been no membership number update since the 21st of Jan. That is over 3 weeks ago. What is going on or am I looking in the wrong place.

George is the one who posts them due to him actually working for the club and being privy to the numbers.

They dont seem to have a ticker this year for some reason.. might be strategic..

Current Membership Tally (18/02/2019):
~33,000

This Time Last Year (26/02/2018):

Difference:

All-Time Tally;
1. 46,998 (2018)
2. 42,094 (2017)
3. 39,276 (2011)
4. 39,021 (2010)
5. 38,009 (2016)

Projected Final Total:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies if discussed earlier. But my girlfriend(Richmond, can’t converted, tried already). just got a silver afl membership and keen for me to do so to. What’s it like. I hear you get counted toward the saints tally. Anyone got experience with silver?

Apologies if discussed earlier. But my girlfriend(Richmond, can’t converted, tried already). just got a silver afl membership and keen for me to do so to. What’s it like. I hear you get counted toward the saints tally. Anyone got experience with silver?
*Raises hand*
I'm 3rd year silver. You get access to 40 games of footy at the G and Marvel along with international cricket at the G. There's also dining packages you can buy for games. Some games even have medallion club dining. You can buy 4 guest passes at the G and 2 at Marvel.
Finals wise you get access to Weeks 1-3. Grand Final wise Gold get first dibs.

You get counted as a member of the club and an amount(hundred and something dollars last I checked goes to the club). You get a member pack as well. I end up with 2 packs because I have a home and away GA club membership on top of my AFL one.

MCG wise it's great with a big bit of the GSS given to AFL members. Depending on the game you can get GA seating on L1, L2A and L4. Reserved seating at the G is only a 9 dollar upgrade.
Marvel Stadium isn't that much different to being a normal club member. You can reserve seats in the small area for not much but they sell out quickly. You can reserve seats in the public areas for the difference like a normal member. The only real difference is we get our own bar next to the Victory room but compared to the Garden Gate or EJ Whitten it's not that great.
MCG the bars are better. The Bunton downstairs has massive screens, full strength booze in pints. The AFL members dining room bar only does schooners. Both get very bloody busy some games.

How long ago were they cardboard? I remember by the mid 90s they had plastic already and they'd snip a bit out with a punch as you went in the gate. By the end of the season they were serrated like a bread knife. You could half remove a finger digging for beer change.
I have been an AFL Member from day one and back then you could go to as many games a year as you liked ( from memory ) well i used to go to 2 sometimes 3 games in a weekend and yeah i remember the card getting clipped , sure was a sharp little bugger

Off topic but it reminded me of one of the funniest days i have had at the footy , went to a game between Geelong and the drug cheats back in 1993 at the G , Had an ex mate mouth off before the game that he was going to eat a pie for every goal Ablett kicked , apart from the 10-15 pots we consumed that arvo the loudmouth had to stuff pie after pie down his throat as Gazza kicked 14 goals that day, it was funny to watch the pie boys come running over every time Gazza kicked a goal

Last edited:
Considering how bad our year was, thats not too bad.
Hopefully we have a strong JLT and that brings some members back.
Considering the absolutely enormous damage control the club had to go into about mid season.......thru to seasons end......I thought the hit to the membership number may have been much greater.

Great chance for the club to pump the number up with this Saturdays intra game at .

Be very interesting to see how many people rock up.....It will be the first "club game" at the venue for many many years.

Considering the absolutely enormous damage control the club had to go into about mid season.......thru to seasons end......I thought the hit to the membership number may have been much greater.

Great chance for the club to pump the number up with this Saturdays intra game at .

Be very interesting to see how many people rock up.....It will be the first "club game" at the venue for many many years.
The intra club game is on friday

I’m a Gold (full) AFL Member and you nominate the club you support and become a member of that club. The AFL provides your club of choice the membership money (about $200) from the cost of your annual AFL membership (about $610).

As an AFL member you get access to 40 home and away matches which includes the 11 home games of your nominated club. You get access to tickets during the first two weeks of finals but Gold (full) members get priority access for the PF & GF.

I haven’t missed a GF in years because as a full member tickets are very accessible. But I pay $600 a year which is a fair cost.

The waiting period to become a full member is 8-12 years. I’m glad I did it but I also buy an additional Saints membership to help the club.

But only buy an AFL membership if your going to go to the footy quite a bit. You can also book reserved seats for games and they cost about $5. Well worthwhile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back