Streaming [HBO] True Detective

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Well for me it seems like Season 1 was a fleeting moment of tv excellence

This Season 3 started well but jeez wat a rambling boring season this has become; turned off 30 minutes in tonight’s episode and really couldn’t care less wat is revealed

Massive disappointment

So with the TV reporter (Eliza?) - how old do we reckon she is? She seems to have so much background information that nobody else seems to have known. Would it be too on the nose for her to turn out to be Lucy Purcell's daughter.

So with the TV reporter (Eliza?) - how old do we reckon she is? She seems to have so much background information that nobody else seems to have known. Would it be too on the nose for her to turn out to be Lucy Purcell's daughter.

That would a huge twist. And quite possible.

Yeah I have been half expecing Lucy to be hiding in plain sight. But the only person she could be is the reporter off the top of my head. Age doesnt match though. Unless she was that girl at the shelter that met with Amelia? She seemed scared of being found but that may have beena red herring.

Ali and Dorff were great again in that ep.
Roland keeping his pain at Toms death just below the surface when Wayne was manipulating him into going after James was top acting by Dorff.

This Season 3 started well but jeez wat a rambling boring season this has become; turned off 30 minutes in tonight’s episode and really couldn’t care less wat is revealed

Massive disappointment
Can'tr agree, it is getting very deep and no one actually came into it for a second this week, intriguing for me, can't figure where this is going, but I have to say once in a life time you get season ONE= Woody and Mathew, that was a one off. But I like this one as well, god knows where its going!
Don;t turn it off, if you got to number 7???????

Massive disappointment

Agree. I had it on fast forward last night. There's about 10 minutes good stuff each episode, usually at the end. We've been dudded on the reveal of the house with the pink room after the Dad found it and was killed off screen, then the bloke who killed him is also dead. It's going to be lame if Hays knew many of the answers for all those years after his car ride with the rich bloke but has forgotten it now he's old and got dementia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. I had it on fast forward last night. There's about 10 minutes good stuff each episode, usually at the end. We've been dudded on the reveal of the house with the pink room after the Dad found it and was killed off screen, then the bloke who killed him is also dead. It's going to be lame if Hays knew many of the answers for all those years after his car ride with the rich bloke but has forgotten it now he's old and got dementia.

The promo for the finale shows a return to the pink room in the modern timeline

How do you know what's even going on if you're fast forwarding it? Totally weird.

The shows not over yet so the pink room may have more to come yet.

How do you know what's even going on if you're fast forwarding it? Totally weird.

Seconded. nothing happened but I ffwd most of it... wut?

Can'tr agree, it is getting very deep and no one actually came into it for a second this week, intriguing for me, can't figure where this is going, but I have to say once in a life time you get season ONE= Woody and Mathew, that was a one off. But I like this one as well, god knows where its going!
Don;t turn it off, if you got to number 7???????

I meant number 1 season photos of the two originals in a news paper this weeks episode!
Who are producers on this no. 3 as well. That should wake you up a bit to where this might go?

You can't pull up now after all this, lots of shows start slow but you fathom them out after a while, any one watch Little Drummer girl , brilliant, slow as anything to start, even this Mc Mafia is a bit confusing and slow.
Its that, that intrigues me! It gets you totally in .

They appear to be going for broke over changing time periods in different shows, now it's flash back, flash forward, even three different time frames, but it does it well. Eric Bana's last little outing, Dirty John (Netflix) , is a time traveller, but it's really good.

Finally caught up. This show is fantastic. Sure it's not s1 but that was one of the greatest tv shows ever made.

Interesting theory on Eliza being Julie's daughter.

Yeah, fast forward didn't really work out. I kept noticing things then rewinding and watching to see if it was important. Probably took longer to watch than just being patient lol.

Jeez some of youse needa learn to enjoy a slow burner! lol

One of the reasons I don’t watch CSI or NCIS etc...where they’re wrapped up in 43 minutes. I prefer the slower, expansive storytelling. Others prefer the former I guess...it’s a common complaint on this board...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back