Remove this Banner Ad

After hearing propensity evidence, at 19yo how bold BRE was, his history at Cottesloe Beach, mentions of Cottesloe Beach to a potential victim, swimming at Cottesloe Beach, his history with an older woman. The bag containing stockings and shirt etc.

Has anybody who previously felt BRE was not responsible for Julie's disappearance changed their minds to thinking, yeah maybe he could have?

After hearing propensity evidence, at 19yo how bold BRE was, his history at Cottesloe Beach, mentions of Cottesloe Beach to a potential victim, swimming at Cottesloe Beach, his history with an older woman. The bag containing stockings and shirt etc.

Has anybody who previously felt BRE was not responsible for Julie's disappearance changed their minds to thinking, yeah maybe he could have?
Not yet

So do a lot of over people. Probably better to hold off till after the trial.
Ditto
Not even a 'maybe'? That is so stubborn. :p
Not really. I'd like to see more than, just that he went swimming at Cottesloe.
Besides, the court hasn't found him guilty of anything yet, so it's really inviting subjudice to ask for an opinion. IMO

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Not really. I'd like to see more than, just that he went swimming at Cottesloe.
Besides, the court hasn't found him guilty of anything yet, so it's really inviting subjudice to ask for an opinion. IMO

You've got your eye on someone else for it PD. I'm onto you. ;)

I don't think the judge alone is too worried about our opinions at this stage PD. Allegedly. :)
Never temp providence. There might be an old hag or three about, wearing horsehair wigs and black capes, riding their brooms upon the full moon out, searching for the tasty little morsel to eat, no doubt...

Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire burn and caldron bubble.

Fillet of a fenny snake,

In the caldron boil and bake;

Eye of newt and toe of frog,

Wool of bat and tongue of dog,

Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,

Lizard's leg and howlet's wing,

For a charm of powerful trouble,

Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire burn and caldron bubble.

Cool it with a baboon's blood,

Then the charm is firm and good.

Not even a 'maybe'? That is so stubborn. :p
Most likely stubborness plays a part :D

Its more the MO , the circumstances that make me hesitant

From all propensity reports the current accused likes singular one on one overpowering attacks. Currently the use of vehicles is only for transportation and not as part of the MO

Until I hear different I must look at ex-bf or PDs theory

It has always been glaringly obvious that Julies Killer knew the Cottesloe Beach like the back of his hand. Thats how he got the car in the drink.
That aside,.Kerry Turner is the one that has me scratching my head a bit now, particularly given the alleged " looking for damsels in distress " cruising comments . At the time Someone would have been coming to the end of his probation for 1990.

It has always been glaringly obvious that Julies Killer knew the Cottesloe Beach like the back of his hand. Thats how he got the car in the drink.
That aside,.Kerry Turner is the one that has me scratching my head a bit now, particularly given the alleged " looking for damsels in distress " cruising comments . At the time Someone would have been coming to the end of his probation for 1990.
Would you need to know Cottesloe that well? I mean it's hardly a complex beach, you have the tea house, a retaining wall and one driveway. I think it was a case of "here's the closest beach that I can drive into and destroy some evidence" and in she goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you need to know Cottesloe that well? I mean it's hardly a complex beach, you have the tea house, a retaining wall and one driveway. I think it was a case of "here's the closest beach that I can drive into and destroy some evidence" and in she goes.

I seem to remember comments by investigating police in later years that they were perplexed and still unsure how the perpetrator (s) managed to get the car into the water at the time of the abduction. Various theories have been proposed
I say later years because police in the era seemed to adopt a lackadaisical, lazy, she will be right ,just wait and see what develops in the next few months attitude immediately after the crime. Whereas It what should have been a front page banner headline and daily calls for public assistance.
In the weeks after the disappearance Julies family were saying as much, appealing to the media that there was no way she would have run away, suicided or been bumped off by an ex boyfriend which were all options the police still had on the table.

I seem to remember comments by investigating police in later years that they were perplexed and still unsure how the perpetrator (s) managed to get the car into the water at the time of the abduction. Various theories have been proposed
I say later years because police in the era seemed to adopt a lackadaisical, lazy, she will be right ,just wait and see what develops in the next few months attitude immediately after the crime. Whereas It what should have been a front page banner headline and daily calls for public assistance.
In the weeks after the disappearance Julies family were saying as much, appealing to the media that there was no way she would have run away, suicided or been bumped off by an ex boyfriend which were all options the police still had on the table.
Would be hard to accidentally do it but I don't think it would be that hard if you're ready to cop some bruising from the seatbelt and whiplash to get in the water. Would love to see a reenactment to tell how fast you'd have to hit the sand at to get it into the water.

Also, the prosecution said Edwards was familiar with Claremont and surrounds having worked out of the Congdon St depot and being involved in swimming championships for a lengthy time. No mention of Cottesloe beach.

Also, the prosecution said Edwards was familiar with Claremont and surrounds having worked out of the Congdon St depot and being involved in swimming championships for a lengthy time. No mention of Cottesloe beach.
Nor do they give a time span for when he worked at Congdon St, or any other clue to establish when he started to become familiar with the area.

Stirling Highway must be the Serial Killer Super Highway.

Where was Cutlers car found? Opposite Forrest st (1988 bicentennial)? Where was Andersons car found? Dance st (Australia day weekend 2000) ? Just coincidence. Just foundation families. Spiers? Stirling and Stirling rd wasnt it (Australia Day weekend)?

Just coincidence. I don't remember every street name having historic significance. Maybe they do.

When was Julies first attempted abduction? Its like a who is who of europeanisation.

This led to the establishment of the Swan River Colony, the first permanent British colony in Western Australia. Western Australia Day (formerly Foundation Day) is officially celebrated on June 1, but the public holiday is observed on the first Monday in June.

Last edited:
How long had someone been working at 1 Congdon st, Cottesloe, Telstra exchange by the way?

About where the madman pulled off the first time.

Hmmmmmm apparently renewed interest in the case......Police speaking to ex workers at Subiaco Arts centre and wondering if Julie may be buried in the grounds......
Post, February 23, 2019, Page 11 "Arts Centre linked to Cutler mystery"
https://web.archive.org/web/2019022...papers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/23022019.pdf
aa992447cf5964fe19070152997d1b33.jpg

Hmmmmmm apparently renewed interest in the case......Police speaking to ex workers at Subiaco Arts centre and wondering if Julie may be buried in the grounds......

Wow ... thats really interesting they must have some pretty good information.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back