2019 Premiership Predictions + Finals smokies - Are Brisbane the Dark Horse for this years Flag?

Will Richmond win the 2019 premiership?

• Yes

Votes: 56 20.9%
  • Finish Runners Up

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Bow out in the Prelims

Votes: 75 28.0%
  • Semi Finalists

Votes: 45 16.8%
  • First round exit

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • Won't play finals

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • Collingwood will win it - Redemption for 2018

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • West Coast - Back to Back for Bunga and the Boys

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Geelong - Dangerfield and Ablett will rise. Kelly will Kill.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane - The Baby '' Bears '' will surprise all

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Bulldogs - 2016 Allover again

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Essendon - Avalanche Beckons

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Adelaide - Against the odds

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Port - Powerhouse Players get it done

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well i would be surprised for one. We haven't won a final with this group yet.
neither had the Dees with their group last year. And they went 2/3. Fairly sure the tigers had the longest finals win drought prior to their premiership year too.
I think history of winning finals means nothing. Its all about the form and team coming in.

Our team in our last final will look fairly different to the next one.

neither had the Dees with their group last year. And they went 2/3. Fairly sure the tigers had the longest finals win drought prior to their premiership year too.
I think history of winning finals means nothing. Its all about the form and team coming in.

Our team in our last final will look fairly different to the next one.

Agree

Essendon were full of momentum right up to the final game against Port if finals were played the next week i would have backed Essendon to win 1 or 2.

Pies vs Richmond grand final. Both teams will be desperate to avenge their finals losses from last year, Melbourne and West Coast will fly under the radar but still remain a massive threat.

GWS a smokey for the flag. They've got plenty of talent, it's just a matter of if they are ready to take the next step.

Giants to win

Longmire, even when he gets cranky with Clarko having coffee with Prince Gil, is not eligible to play finals.

If you mean outsider, I think the Pies have a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm tipping West Coast for the following reasons:

1. New 6 6 6 rule will suit them as they are good one on one around the ground.
2. They get Gaff and Nic Nat back
3. They are brilliantly coached and managed.
4. Best Forward line unit when all fit as a collective and individually.

Smoky for me is Bulldogs for the 8. They showed signs towards the end of last year and have some terrific young talent and top end talent as well. If they get in, they could cause damage again.

Edit: Word correction

Last edited:
It never goes the way everyone expects.
Yeah. Many have Richmond, Melbourne, West Coast and Collingwood fighting it out for the Premiership but it is no surprise if at least two of these teams miss the top 4 and end up not going near a Premiership.

I mean, Richmond, Adelaide, GWS, Geelong, Port Adelaide and Sydney were the 2017 H&A top 6 teams and were viewed as such by quite a distance (West Coast beating Port Adelaide in the 2017 EF was seen as an upset). In the end, only one of these teams made the 2018 top 4. In fact, only 2 of these teams even progressed beyond an EF with none of them making a Grand Final.

It's not always as drastic as that, but there are teams that fly under people's radar every year to then suddenly launch into contention.

Interesting stuff here. Sydney really low but their finish to the year explains some of that.

16 teams are modelled to win between 8 and 15 games. That tells me the league is really close.

I don't like Freo or St Kilda's chances of playing finals but both should at least get to 7 or 8 wins if they stay healthy. If either side burst out the gate with a hot start they'd drastically increase their chances of playing finals. Same goes for the Dogs. Lions and Port should be around the mark.

There's 10 teams from the Crows up who probably expect to play finals.

I'm thinking Melbourne.

According to Champion Data, West Coast getting up would qualify as the Dark Horse.

Pretty sure I said the same thing last year, but while I see Richmond as being the best chance, the rest of the field is far ahead of them, so the 'favorite' actually winning is probably only about a 25-30% chance(?) of happening...It's just that any other individual team is lower.

We would be very lucky to go B2B,

smoky for the finals is Freo. Obviously losing Neale hurts, but they have recruited well and their kids were pretty good last year, probably help if Harley gets on the park.

I know right....i genuinely hope he does get back on the park, you would imagine it's his last crack at it if he doesn't. From memory its Ross's last year on contract, similar situation perhaps, no finals no contract renewal?

Can a team that made the finals last season,really be classed as a “dark horse”

Or a team like Adelaide whom didn’t make the finals but are expected to make it this season be a dark horse?

Or is a dark horse reserved for no hopers like blues,suns,saints,power etc?

2019 premiers? Collingwood. That midfield is ridiculous and has a top 3 ruck to give them the silver service. Rock solid defense and a dangerous forward line of talls and smalls that spread the load. Richmond, Eagles and the Dees will be thereabouts.

Dark horse to play finals? Bugger it, I'll go the Dogs. The team started playing better footy with Trengove in the ruck for the last few games of the season. Not a star ruck by any means, but solid enough to give service to Bont, Macrae, Hunter, Libba, McLean, Wallis and Dunkley which is a very good midfield when firing.

If I had to pick one team to win the Grand Final I would say Richmond.

I believe the premiers will come from Richmond, West Coast, Collingwood, Melbourne and/or Adelaide (in that order)

Finals smokey: Port Adelaide. I wouldn't be suprised to seem them give the top 4 a shake to be honest

Back