SkyBet Championship 2018/19

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Marcelo Bielsa is a genius. Luke Ayling had been struggling since his return from injury, so a few days ago he made a comment on how vital and important Ayling is to LUFC (which he is) and he put in a close to MOTM performance against Swansea.

Players really buy into the positive reinforcement from gaffers (which is a big reason Mourinho failed at Manure)

Seen some real jerkoffs as manager of Leeds over the years (FO Terry Veneables) so its a surreal feeling having a gaffer of Bielsa's ilk at the club, easily the best thing to happen at LUFC since we got relegated from the Premier League. #MOT

Jaymin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United FC
Watched this mornings game and Ayling was better then he had been but still gives the ball away too easily and gave away a ridiculous penalty which could have been costly. Hopefully he continues to improve.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Marcelo Bielsa is a genius. Luke Ayling had been struggling since his return from injury, so a few days ago he made a comment on how vital and important Ayling is to LUFC (which he is) and he put in a close to MOTM performance against Swansea.

Players really buy into the positive reinforcement from gaffers (which is a big reason Mourinho failed at Manure)

Seen some real jerkoffs as manager of Leeds over the years (FO Terry Veneables) so its a surreal feeling having a gaffer of Bielsa's ilk at the club, easily the best thing to happen at LUFC since we got relegated from the Premier League. #MOT
He was better, but did give away a stupid penalty.
Pontus was clear MOTM for mine, Phillips would’ve been 2nd. Harrison’s best game for the club I would’ve thought.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
FIFA are jokes though, everyone knows that. The fine Leeds got is fair enough in my book. £200k is chicken feed for most clubs these days anyway

FIFA are jokes though, everyone knows that. The fine Leeds got is fair enough in my book. £200k is chicken feed for most clubs these days anyway

Not for Championship clubs mate.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not for Championship clubs mate.
I don’t know much about Leeds’ finances but I’m pretty sure 200k is not going to damage them. It’s a slap on the wrist but enough to make them persist in doing it again. Would damage one or two in the championship, obviously Bolton for one but I can’t think of too many others

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
200k is fair enough? How do you come to that conclusion?
How did I come to that conclusion? Like that’s an unreasonable conclusion? Jesus mate try and look at things objectively and lose the victim mentality.

I don’t know much about Leeds’ finances but I’m pretty sure 200k is not going to damage them. It’s a slap on the wrist but enough to make them persist in doing it again. Would damage one or two in the championship, obviously Bolton for one but I can’t think of too many others

There are plenty of C'ship clubs who operate on pretty tight budgets.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You didn’t answer my question in the slightest.
You tell me why it’s not unfair. Have Leeds lodged an appeal? If not I assume they believe it’s fair too? An unfair punishment would have been a points deduction. You can’t complain

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
You tell me why it’s not unfair. Have Leeds lodged an appeal? If not I assume they believe it’s fair too? An unfair punishment would have been a points deduction. You can’t complain
Hahaha deflection at its finest. You said it was fair, I’m asking how you’ve come to the conclusion that a 200k fine is fair?

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
West Brom beat QPR 3-2 overnight to close the gap to Leeds & the Blades to 1 point. (We have a game in hand though). It’s getting mighty tight up top.
Another injury with top scorer Kemar Roofe out for possibly the rest of the season.

All on Bamford now. At least he's been in reasonable form

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hahaha deflection at its finest. You said it was fair, I’m asking how you’ve come to the conclusion that a 200k fine is fair?
What’s there to explain? It’s self explanatory, I think a £200k fine fits the punishment for what Leeds did. I expect they looked at the finances of what you could afford and thought that amount was sufficient. What’s the point in handing out a fine that you is not even going to impact you in the slightest? Got to hit clubs where it hurts when they do wrong

Back