No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, it was a stupid non-baited comment. However, I feel no angst at all, none.

Goes to prove how little he cared deep down and vindicates the widely held notion he only turned it on at contract time! Good news is we are at the end of that generation and weading out these types of characters.....make no mistake the previous skipper is the other bash brother when it comes to this attitude and let me make it clear as crystal to anyone who thinks otherwise ...if the money and terms on offer at another club was higher he’d be in other colours too chasing easy kicks! Simmo and Kruez are the only ones from that vintage who had and continue to have the desire to butter up each week rain hail or shine, heart on the line.

Thankfully we are relying no more on Gibbs and Murphy to put in each week and the majority of these new crop of youngsters seem to have a backbone at least and are hungry as *.... if Gibbs and Murph were as hungry a few years back we may have gotten closer to a flag in their tenure! Sorry but s**t attitude for mine and I hope he eats his words.

I think he has handled his exit from Carlton as well as could possibly be expected.
He’s been respectful, expressed his deep affection for the club and the opportunities it afforded him each and everytime he has spoken.
We can’t bemoan the media clickbait as ill informed and biased when it doesn’t suit our agenda and use it in this instance as reflective, factual & acurate.
Besides, who wouldn’t enjoy some wins after the past several years at Carlton.
He’s more than done enough to earn our respect.

Last edited:
Goes to prove how little he cared deep down and vindicates the widely held notion he only turned it on at contract time! Good news is we are at the end of that generation and weading out these types of characters.....make no mistake the previous skipper is the other bash brother when it comes to this attitude and let me make it clear as crystal to anyone who thinks otherwise ...if the money and terms on offer at another club was higher he’d be in other colours too chasing easy kicks! Simmo and Kruez are the only ones from that vintage who had and continue to have the desire to butter up each week rain hail or shine, heart on the line.

Thankfully we are relying no more on Gibbs and Murphy to put in each week and the majority of these new crop of youngsters seem to have a backbone at least and are hungry as ****.... if Gibbs and Murph were as hungry a few years back we may have gotten closer to a flag in their tenure! Sorry but s**t attitude for mine and I hope he eats his words.

Garbage.

He’s back pedalling since he’s been caught out on saying what he said which is basically “thank **** I left that rabble, you people in Adelaide don’t know what a s**t year is relax it wasn’t bad compared to what I’ve come from!”

It may have merit but in any context it’s disrespectful considering that Gibbs is suposedly a 200 game champion of the club.

It’s one of those comments that will hopefully bite him on the arse...multiple times with any luck!
Karma is real!
ah, no....

Disagree, why bring it up with a journalist? Would you not think they would publish it? It’s disrespectful to the supporters who fronted up every week while he was at the club and were there last year after he fled along with his teammates who he left behind and who had to endure the losses every week while he enjoyed a 12 win season.
His brain was clearly disengaged from his mouth when he uttered the sentence.

I hope the young guys use it as motivation to be honest..... He clearly was happy to be anywhere else than in the trenches with his old “teammates” trying to scrounge out a few extra wins for an organisation that invested pick 1
In him and multiple millions of dollars over 12 years! Anyhow good luck to him, he’s a good bloke, a very good player at times and well liked but I stand by my comments.

Thankfully we are relying no more on Gibbs and Murphy to put in each week and the majority of these new crop of youngsters seem to have a backbone at least and are hungry as ****.... if Gibbs and Murph were as hungry a few years back we may have gotten closer to a flag in their tenure! Sorry but s**t attitude for mine and I hope he eats his words.
Would the term "emotionally disengaged" be appropriate do you think? because that's what I have sensed about BG and MM for quite a while.
Any way, thank fork for Crippa and Doc; love em

I'm co-signing this but will stand back and feign disinterest if poster is shredded............

Can't really fault Gibbs for being honest. I don't think he intended to bad mouth the club, like Mitch Robinson and Lachie Henderson did after they left.. He probably would have been a one club player if he married a Victorian Gal.

I reckon the inflammatory banner of The HS makes his comments sound worse than what they actually are, its atypical tabloid crap.
Not atypical. Just typical.

Would the term "emotionally disengaged" be appropriate do you think? because that's what I have sensed about BG and MM for quite a while.
Any way, thank fork for Crippa and Doc; love em
MM? Marc Murphy? If you think he's emotionally disengaged you might need to retune your detectors there.

Douchebag

Maybe the Blues would have won a few more games with another mature body in the middle to help out after all the injuries we had.

Maybe without another mature body in their midfield, the Crows would have lost a few more after a couple of injuries.

Guess we will never know ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the video link of the BG interview, paste the link an incognito mode window https://t.co/0FQk4d5dRk

Note; It appears the comment "10 more than I would have won if I still had of been at Carlton.” has been edited out.

Last edited:
The “10 more than I would have won if I still had of been at Carlton.” comment appears to have disappeared from the interview, either that or I'm going senile; it was there when I listened to it earlier

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back