UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just two more fans on BF who can’t handle constructive criticism of their players. Sterling can terrorise defences, but like you were saying and I backed up, it’s mostly all on instinct.
If I couldn't handle criticism of Sterling after the last couple of years I'd be in a straight jacket somewhere.

Someone made a comment, I answered it with my thoughts. It has nothing to do with being unable to handle criticism.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If I couldn't handle criticism of Sterling after the last couple of years I'd be in a straight jacket somewhere.

Someone made a comment, I answered it with my thoughts. It has nothing to do with being unable to handle criticism.
Fair enough, but you were making sarcastic cheap shots which indicated you were carrying a pound of salt

Fair enough, but you were making sarcastic cheap shots which indicated you were carrying a pound of salt
No salt. It was just a cheap shot for no other reason than if you can't take a cheap shot in that situation when can you?

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No salt. It was just a cheap shot for no other reason than if you can't take a cheap shot in that situation when can you?
That also fair enough, and I probably would have made one also. But you know, some people on here you can banter with while others take things to heart a bit too much. You can’t deny you’re massively defensive with City, as all the FFP stuff has shown. Maybe I’ve got you wrong but I don’t think so

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not sure why Bayern have to come out and play anymore than Liverpool does. It’s 0-0. Worst case if Liverpool don’t score it goes to penalties

Because away goals. If Liverpool score once Bayern need 2 to go through. It’s a bit of a gamble for Bayern to play for a 0-0 draw in that scenario.

In any case, I can’t see either team locking it down in the 2nd leg. What may work in our favour is the fact that Bayern’s defence isn’t overly quick, and if forced to play higher up the pitch than they did in the 1st leg to support a more attacking approach, could be vulnerable to being hit on transition. Will be interesting to see how it will play out tactically, finely balanced atm.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Play three midfielders who can’t move the ball forward to save their lives and that’s what you get

Hawkforce

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 9, 2000
London
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham
I prefer Son. Better football brain and just a joy to watch and have in your side. Leaving ability aside, the positivity and feel good factor of the bloke alone is worth his weight in gold

Like I said I wouldn't swap Son for Sterling in this current Spurs side for all the reasons you outline.

But I think you do Sterling a disservice when it comes to having a "better football brain". The only thing Son has over Sterling (apart from his infectious personality) is the ability to score worldies with both feet.

Look, its a silly debate really. They are both great players. But everyone loves Son. Many people bizarrely dislike Raheem. It's wrong. The kids a star.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dz4T0LtWwAAPXNS

What a manager. Consistently pulls off amazing results.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Like I said I wouldn't swap Son for Sterling in this current Spurs side for all the reasons you outline.

But I think you do Sterling a disservice when it comes to having a "better football brain". The only thing Son has over Sterling (apart from his infectious personality) is the ability to score worldies with both feet.

Look, its a silly debate really. They are both great players. But everyone loves Son. Many people bizarrely dislike Raheem. It's wrong. The kids a star.
Saying sterling lacks composure doesn’t mean I don’t like him, I just think he can improve that part of his game - or maybe he can’t I don’t know. I think the media went overboard with their criticism as they tend to do in this country, but in all honesty I thought he made some poor life choices. The good thing is they’ve laid off him now though. You should be able to criticise players without being labelled a hater. That’s being a bit snowflakish

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Because away goals. If Liverpool score once Bayern need 2 to go through. It’s a bit of a gamble for Bayern to play for a 0-0 draw in that scenario.

In any case, I can’t see either team locking it down in the 2nd leg. What may work in our favour is the fact that Bayern’s defence isn’t overly quick, and if forced to play higher up the pitch than they did in the 1st leg to support a more attacking approach, could be vulnerable to being hit on transition. Will be interesting to see how it will play out tactically, finely balanced atm.

Id suggest the away goals works the other way on there mentality. They know if they play high up the pitch and leave space behind then Liverpool are destined to score. They then have to score twice.

Play it tight and try and nick it 1-0.

I think teams are figuring out to have the best chance of stopping Liverpool is to keep your wing backs at home and try and stifle the Pool front 3 who love space. Then get them on the counter themselves, or from a set piece.

Will be interesting the tactics

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans

Liverpool lost every away game in the group stage didn't they? They aren't suddenly going to turn around that form.

Back