Discussion Bad Graphic Design

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be the nuffie here and ask how does 'Mission Win Now' mean Marlboro?

It doesn’t specifically. But Mission Win Now is an initiative of Marlboro (or Phillip Morris specifically) and if you look at the MW logo it has a similar shape to the Marlboro logo.

It doesn’t specifically. But Mission Win Now is an initiative of Marlboro (or Phillip Morris specifically) and if you look at the MW logo it has a similar shape to the Marlboro logo.

Ah makes sense now. Cheers

Their mission is to sort the wheat from the chaff

We sorted the wheat from the chaff and rolled it flat to make our new taste sensation, part taco, part flatbread... the all new Mission Winnow.

20110705mission_logo.jpg

Philip Morris have been doing this for years, subliminal logos which don't mention the name, but are in the shape of the logo. The barcode controversy from a few years back is a good example. It's very smart from them.

1553492920749.png

My head tells me they've not technically done anything wrong, but my eyes hurt looking at the background images, especially the right one. Maybe it's just his expression, though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Received my Eagles membership year book today and they're using a lot of old logos throughout it.
I don't understand how that happens, especially with the Port logo.
629177c1f5520d014f7c19c6a9531e11.jpg
That old Collingwood logo is disgusting...

That old Collingwood logo is disgusting...

Same goes for the white boxes around the logos. It's incredibly easy to find a transparent version, both in the main colours and in reverse. Not sure what went wrong here

Same goes for the white boxes around the logos. It's incredibly easy to find a transparent version, both in the main colours and in reverse. Not sure what went wrong here
I went through the past 2 years and it's the same. White boxes on colour backgrounds and they're even using the old Carlton logo (the one in the navy box).

I don't understand how this could happen, wouldn't the person who designs the books have up-to-date copies of logos?

I went through the past 2 years and it's the same. White boxes on colour backgrounds and they're even using the old Carlton logo (the one in the navy box).

I don't understand how this could happen, wouldn't the person who designs the books have up-to-date copies of logos?

Having worked in this environment it's pretty common to see misuse of logos (dark outlined text/objects on logos on dark backgrounds is a rookie mistake)

I usually just put all the 'old' versions of logos in a folder simply called 'old' and just keep the current ones in there

I've noticed even foxtel use old version of AFL/A-League clubs a lot. All it takes is for the club to be like 'look here guys. you have been using our old logo. please delete all versions on file and use the attached' and send them the various versions of the current logo in print/digital format

PLUS i know for a fact anytime a club (or any organisation) re-brands it logo, they send a new suite to all media outlets/clubs/associations etc that would use their logo and even in some cases a style guide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back