The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished my first season in 2nd place. Never really challenged Chelsea. Knocked out of the Carabao Cup early, lost the FA Cup final to City.

9F55B341-B59C-48F9-A74A-558FF74DE7FF.jpeg

Next season is going to be a lot tougher with all the extra games. Need to buy a lot more players to fill out the squad. I do have £150m to spend. Not really sure who to bring in at this point.

Henry's passing was much better than 12, I'd have his composure higher than 16 too.

Crespo also seems a bit overrated. I didn't think he was that quick? Ronaldo seems a bit off too - anticipation and first touch only at 15 and passing 17? Not sure about his pace too (17 for both), don't think he was that quick after the injuries from memory. And RVN's passing at 2 is definitely wrong, as his is first touch at 9. Probably put his finishing at 20, too.

Agree that it's great though.

Henry's passing was much better than 12, I'd have his composure higher than 16 too.

Crespo also seems a bit overrated. I didn't think he was that quick? Ronaldo seems a bit off too - anticipation and first touch only at 15 and passing 17? Not sure about his pace too (17 for both), don't think he was that quick after the injuries from memory. And RVN's passing at 2 is definitely wrong, as his is first touch at 9. Probably put his finishing at 20, too.

Agree that it's great though.
those are the stats directly copied across from 03-04.

I've downloaded a Sortuisi or however it's spelt transfer window DB update for my FM17 game. Made a few minor tweaks to PA's on the top 50 most exciting teenagers in England (based on Four Four Two's article) & then gave QPR and Brentford new stadiums to move into in future seasons. Also gave QPR a new Australian owner (no change to financials) and have taken on the manager role there. Going to try and make it Aussie focused there and look to sign Aussie players/staff as much as possible.

So far obviously Luongo is there, looking to add Bailey Wright who looks decent for Championship level and have added Timmy Cahill on a free transfer who is also looking good for that level. Anyone know of any staff/players to look at in FM17 for championship/PL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah right. You gonna use that DB?
i have started a game with city. the finances are so it's like what it is now but other clubs (deportivo) are able to match it to an extent too.

i wasnt around for this era of football so it is interesting to see the amount of guys with 20 finishing and whatnot when now it's a lot more nuanced.

i have started a game with city. the finances are so it's like what it is now but other clubs (deportivo) are able to match it to an extent too.

i wasnt around for this era of football so it is interesting to see the amount of guys with 20 finishing and whatnot when now it's a lot more nuanced.
It was brilliant, probably my favourite era.

Huntelaar might be a player with nabbing. Zlatan, Sneijder, van der Vaart. Malouda.

Using that 95/96 db, there'd be a few teams where you could manage their current managers (Diego Simeone at Atleti, Solskjaer at Utd if you signed him a year earlier than IRL, Ernesto Valverde if you bought him back to Barca) or previous managers (Pep at Barca etc) as players

Anybody play FM on a Mac?

Want to get FM20, (I miss playing it so much), but I'll need a new laptop.

I usually run the big 5 European leagues, the Championship and Argentina, Brazil, with a badges pack and a facepack.

Based on FM19 requirements for a Mac - this is what's needed;
  • OS: 10.10.5, 10.11.6, 10.12.5, 10.13.5, 10.14 – 64-bit.
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 – 1.8 GHz +
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM.
  • Graphics: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 – 256MB VRAM.
  • Storage: 7 GB available space.
  • Additional Notes: OpenGL: 2.1.
I can see a Macbook Air has the following specs;
  • Processor Type - Intel Core i5
  • Processor Cores - Dual Core
  • Processor Memory Cache - 4MB L3
  • Processor Clock Speed (GHz) - 1.6
  • Processor Max. Clock Speed (GHz) - 3.6
  • RAM (GB) - 8.0
  • SSD Storage - 128GB
  • Total Storage - 128GB
  • Graphics processor - Intel UHD Graphics 617
Will the processor struggle? And is the graphics card sufficient enough? Or will it run fine - while browsing too - based on the above?

Thanks boys.

I usually run the big 5 European leagues, the Championship and Argentina, Brazil, with a badges pack and a facepack.

• Graphics: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 – 256MB VRAM.
  • RAM (GB) - 8.0
  • SSD Storage - 128GB
  • Total Storage - 128GB
Will the processor struggle? And is the graphics card sufficient enough? Or will it run fine - while browsing too - based on the above?

Thanks boys.
Yeah I still play off my old mac which is 7 or 8 years old. I do play with 2D graphics on because that's how I like watching it and it's perfectly fine.

I run about 8 leagues then customise it so I can view all the players in Africa & South America's top division and I have no problems at all

• RAM (GB) - 8.0
  • SSD Storage - 128GB
  • Total Storage - 128GB

Thanks boys.
unless fm20 takes a massive graphic leap it should be fine. it wouldnt be too dissimilar to my dell laptop and it runs fine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back